Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 08:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

In making another post about this article in the main political forum, I also came across this quote which wasn't exactly related to that post:

“'I still believe very strongly that we can’t be ‘Republican Lite’ and galvanize your voters. There has to be some clear lines between the candidates, and I think the lines got muddled in all too many instances,' said Rep. Jim Clyburn of South Carolina, the No. 3 House Democrat.

Democrats lash out at Nancy Pelosi - John Bresnahan and Lauren French - POLITICO

Hey, Clyburn stole our line! We keep telling our Republican centrists the same thing, "We can't be Democrat Lite. There needs to be a clear distinction between us and the Democrats." At last, a bipartisan message aimed at the Humpty Dumptys (sat on a wall - DINOs and RINOs) of both parties

...but, it was ours first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 09:26 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In making another post about this article in the main political forum, I also came across this quote which wasn't exactly related to that post:

“'I still believe very strongly that we can’t be ‘Republican Lite’ and galvanize your voters. There has to be some clear lines between the candidates, and I think the lines got muddled in all too many instances,' said Rep. Jim Clyburn of South Carolina, the No. 3 House Democrat.

Democrats lash out at Nancy Pelosi - John Bresnahan and Lauren French - POLITICO

Hey, Clyburn stole our line! We keep telling our Republican centrists the same thing, "We can't be Democrat Lite. There needs to be a clear distinction between us and the Democrats." At last, a bipartisan message aimed at the Humpty Dumptys (sat on a wall - DINOs and RINOs) of both parties

...but, it was ours first.
I'm a right leaning dem..imho its the idiots at both ends of the political spectrum that make this country suck at politics..Ill take a RINO or a DINO any day over a right winger or left winger.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:03 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
I'm a right leaning dem..imho its the idiots at both ends of the political spectrum that make this country suck at politics..Ill take a RINO or a DINO any day over a right winger or left winger.
Just the reverse for me. I am pretty far right, but I'll take a persuaded, committed lefty like a Jonathan Turley, a Pat Caddell, or an Alan Dershowitz over a RINO. I'll take an honest opponent who is willing to debate in good faith over a prevaricating 'ally' who will jump over the fence when he finds it in his interest to do so.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Today's 'tea party' extremist. Left wing Tree Hunchers. Pitcher that, if you dare.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:21 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Just the reverse for me. I am pretty far right, but I'll take a persuaded, committed lefty like a Jonathan Turley, a Pat Caddell, or an Alan Dershowitz over a RINO. I'll take an honest opponent who is willing to debate in good faith over a prevaricating 'ally' who will jump over the fence when he finds it in his interest to do so.
So you would rather deal with someone so far right that they walk pickets at an abortion clinic or so far left they try to force churches to marry gays against their beliefs rather than someone in the middle who can see both sides of the issues at hand and tries to work through it?..that says a lot about a person to me.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:28 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
You are absolutely correct. The divisiveness of the political discourse in this country is in large due to the extremes of both parties coming into leadership positions. The problem is much more pronounced in the Republican party, but nonetheless centrist need to take this country back. Though it may be an oxymoron maybe it is time for the "angry centrist" to take center stage in our national politics.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:06 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
So you would rather deal with someone so far right that they walk pickets at an abortion clinic or so far left they try to force churches to marry gays against their beliefs rather than someone in the middle who can see both sides of the issues at hand and tries to work through it?..that says a lot about a person to me.
People can picket all they wish as far as I'm concerned. I see that as a basic First Amendment right. The kind of liberals I'm talking about would not be involved in forcing churches to marry gays. I'm talking about a Jonathan Turley or Alan Dershowitz. The left will always engage in this kind of coercion, but I'm not sure whether it increases or decreases as we move away from center-left and towards extreme left.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

I'll take a fundamental constitutionalists, of either party.....
RINO's and DINO's don't come close to my idea of constitutional representation to secure maintain freedom & liberties. I see more compromising the Constitution, when I see a RINO / DINO.

I need someone to fight to secure my liberties, if I can no longer do it legally. Not compromise them.
Where controlling government is concerned, the party of NO is a good thing. No more compromising the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections