Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 11:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
The Clinton's WORKED for it. They weren't born into a silver cocoon like Romney. Big Difference.
Like trailer trash poor right? Like the people you love to run down when it comes to it....right? You liberals have no love for the poor. You just use them to your political gain when need be...to pull on heart strings, to trick "the people' into thinking you will give them some food...like the poor black woman in Al that got caught stealing 3 cracked eggs because she and her kids had not eaten in 2 days. The cop bought her some eggs then the rest of the department brought her a truckload. So, some of us see past the bs you throw out and realize the DNC/Progressive left really does not give a rip and you will hand the people dust in the end. Just what did Stalin do for the peasants? He filled mass graves with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Bill Clinton got a sexual record when he got to power and was re-elected governor, any other big state with the media he would never been re-elected governor,. Sexual predators is about power and control. That is what makes the Clintons dangerous in my opinion, they both like power and control to the extreme. That's why they can't leave the limelight in the political world.

if you know anything about politics, when a party of a sitting president is divided, the president usually loses re-election. It happened in 1992 and in 1980 when Ted Kennedy challenged President Carter and divided the party. That's where the term Reagan's democrats came from.

Its really hard to beat an incumbent President unless he has a true challenge within the party like in 1980 and 1992.

Bill Clinton was a weak candidate in 1992...if you study the primaries you would know what I'm talking about.
I think Bill had a stiffy when he was Gov and probably before, for anything with a skirt. I still admire him for doing a semi decent job as president. I do have a problem voting for Hillary simply because she stuck with this guy for so long just for political gain. She is not my idea of a ball busing successful woman......She is weak in that department. But I prefer her over Warren....but Romney over those two.
I want someone to fix this economy and the DNC has done a dismal job of it.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Romney gave his inheritance away to faith charity . There's no evidence that Romney's parents helped buy him a business career. He was already a wealthy man by the time his father, George, died in 1995 by his work in his own business.

So basically you are saying because Bill and Hillary make millions in book deals, speeches and land deals (which a few went to prison for fraud) and other investments that's more honorable and harder work than what Romney did on his own in the private sector?

The argument of the left always seem to amaze me.....lol
Now, now. You are confusing the lib posters with the truth...you know the chaos that causes.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If you can't understand the difference between someone being rich and someone not being able to relate to people you shouldn't be posting these trolls.

The real hypocrite in your little scenario is Mittens himself who demonstrated in support of both the Vietnam War and the draft that manned it yet conveniently avoided both. I don't give a rat's ass how much $$$ he does/doesn't have, I care about his utter failure to support his alleged beliefs.
And you think Hillary does? Alright then.....

Old 12-19-2014, 11:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I agree. Even if you lie cheat and take money from families....White Water ring a bell. But yes, self made they are. I don't care if Romney is a trust fund baby. Bet you would do a dance if you woke up and found yourself to be a trust fund baby...just guessing. I would vote for Romney next go around, damn the religion and his money. I would also sleep a little better with Hillary in the white house over Warren....she scares me. Rick biatch that she is.......being 1/32 American Indian and all.
What families were lied and cheated regarding Whitewater?

Old 12-19-2014, 12:01 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Clintons are self-made. Romney is a trust fund baby, born into wealth, with all the doors that opened for him to amass even more wealth. There is a difference when you have to actually create your own wealth as opposed to being born into it. The former can absolutely relate to the average American because that's where they came from. The latter...not so much.

Baloney. Mitt Romney got NOTHING from his parents but a good education. He earned every penney on his own. He refused to accept the wealth from his family. The Clintons got every penny grifting off of government service and kickbacks from favors while in office.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Clinton don't "have their wealth," they earned their wealth.

I notice you seem to be having difficulty understanding the difference between earning wealth through work and effort and being born into wealth and inheriting it with no effort involved. There are plenty of online dictionaries that you could use to educate yourself on the difference between the words "earn" and "inherit." I'm pretty sure you're capable of doing that, though having read many of your posts here, I won't assume.
Romney gave away his inherited wealth. And are you saying that he didn't work hard?

Old 12-19-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They had a lot of debt when they left the White House.

More than that, Bill Clinton grew up lower middle-class. His family struggled with money. Hillary grew up in a solidly middle class home. Neither grew up with stock portfolios and servants. That means they can relate to the financial stresses faced by average Americans. Even when Bill Clinton was elected Governor of Arkansas, they struggled financially. After all, the job only paid $30,000/year. And it was a 24/7 job.

When Romney needed money as a college student, he simply sold some of his stock shares. That's not a typical experience for college students. When he moved to Massachusetts, his father bought him a home that some of his college professors couldn't afford. That's not a typical experience for grad students.

The idea that Romney couldn't relate was supported by statements that Romney himself made.
The Clinton's have lived of the government teat for many years. I don't consider that "earning" anything.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bill and Hillary didn't make any money in land deals. They invested in a failed land development deal.
It wasn't for lack of trying. Amazing that in spite of using their political influence, and surrounding themselves with crooks, they still couldn't succeed in the private sector.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It wasn't for lack of trying. Amazing that in spite of using their political influence, and surrounding themselves with crooks, they still couldn't succeed in the private sector.
More BS.

They invested in a failed land development deal.

Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections