Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 12:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The media didn't damage Palin, Palin damaged Palin
That is only partially true and you know it. Too many love to blame the media's bias on the person him or herself. I am one that happens to admire much of what she has done, but I do think she was totally unprepared to run when she did. That being said, I also do believe the liberal media did everything they could and still continue to destroy her. Would I have supported her for Pres? Probably not, I still hate it when people start personal attacks and I don't care which side they come from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 12:22 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Who needs Palin when you've got Rick Perry?

Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Who needs Palin when you've got Rick Perry?
wouldn't it be nice if you contributed something of substance once in awhile. Geeze, you dont' hate Republicans much do you?

Old 01-02-2015, 12:32 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is only partially true and you know it. Too many love to blame the media's bias on the person him or herself. I am one that happens to admire much of what she has done, but I do think she was totally unprepared to run when she did. That being said, I also do believe the liberal media did everything they could and still continue to destroy her. Would I have supported her for Pres? Probably not, I still hate it when people start personal attacks and I don't care which side they come from.
Yeah, the McCain camp selecting her for his running mate was a huge gamble that backfired. At the time I don't think they knew much about her, other than that she was a photogenic, female conservative. I do think some of the media treatment she received was unfair, but she also put her foot in her mouth more than a few times, and as you say, came off as blatantly unqualified.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:36 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The media didn't damage Palin, Palin damaged Palin
Wrong. Legions of Democrat women who are politicians have said things as stupid or more stupid as the things Palin said. The difference is the media doesn't care when liberals say stupid things.

If Sarah Palin were a liberal, her ignorant statements would be cute gaffes. Since she's a conservative, she's been painted as an idiot. All of that is the work of the media, not Palin.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Yeah, the McCain camp selecting her for his running was a huge gamble that backfired. At the time I don't think they knew much about her, other than that she was a photogenic, female conservative. I do think some of the media treatment she received was unfair, but she also put her foot in her mouth more than a few times, and as you say, came off as blatantly unqualified.
Yet she was still more qualified than the fool who won.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the McCain camp selecting her for his running mate was a huge gamble that backfired. At the time I don't think they knew much about her, other than that she was a photogenic, female conservative. I do think some of the media treatment she received was unfair, but she also put her foot in her mouth more than a few times, and as you say, came off as blatantly unqualified.
I think you are pretty to what happened. The party had some brilliant idea, because she was a female, mother, successful that maybe they would pick up some of the female votes that Hillary had left behind. I happen to have thought, at the time, it was a smart move, but it didn't take long for many of to realize it was a disaster. The media did have a lot to do with it though. I do still enjoy hearing her speak, she is funny, smart (whether people want to admit it or not) and a great speaker. That doesn't mean she would have made a great President.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:40 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

No it is 100% true. Sarah Palin is the one that destroyed herself. She is the one that per herself front and center over and over again while saying stupid things over and over again. It isn't the "liberal media's" fault for reporting on the stupid things she said over and over again when she put herself front and center. the "liberal media" didn't do that, she did.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:43 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If Sarah Palin were a liberal, her ignorant statements would be cute gaffes. Since she's a conservative, she's been painted as an idiot. All of that is the work of the media, not Palin.
Go back and watch the Katie Couric interview. If you can find a national female Democratic figure who seems as totally inept as she did, I will openly admit that I'm wrong. [Again, it must be a national figure; not someone obscure.]

Old 01-02-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Go back and watch the Katie Couric interview. If you can find a national female Democratic figure who seems as totally inept as she did, I will openly admit that I'm wrong. [Again, it must be a national figure; not someone obscure.]
Nancy Pelosi: "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it."

Google Pelosi, there's plenty more where that came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections