Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 02:56 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,305,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Based on these responses, we should remove the college requirement for all federal jobs. Apparently Republicans detest anyone with a college education. I think sometimes that this country should be split or sectioned. When half the country thinks the people who went to college are stupid and the ones that didn't go to college are the intelligent ones, we've reached a point where there is no middle ground.

You definitely should put less education as a part of the Republican platform.
I agree that the college degree requirement should be removed from all federal jobs where a degree is not relevant. That means, yes, I think a doctor from the CDC should have a degree, but I don't think the administrator of the CDC needs a degree. They need good experience at running complex organizations. So if Michael Dell applied for a job with the federal government to run a department or agency I'd had no problem hiring him

Having a college degree has nothing to do with intelligence as your posts often show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They finished something! Walker has not.
Walker has finished his Eagle Scout, he completed four terms in the WI Assembly, he completed two terms as the Milwaukee County Executive, has completed one term as Governor and is likely to complete a second.

Quote:
Walker dropped out of college the second semester of his senior year with two more years of credits necessary to graduate. He wasted time and his parents' money going to almost four years of doing nothing constructive. He wasn't going to graduate and he knew that. Better he quit before his parents send out graduation invitations to their friends and family. Otherwise, who in their right mind would throw out four years of time and money to not graduate?
Quote:
I too have a graduate degree and realize the hard work of real life achievements. However, dropping out during the last semester of one's senior year of college is a waste. Walker was already working for the Red Cross so why not get the degree? Again, because Walker wasn't on track to graduate regardless. Walker wasted time and his parents' money dithering for four years of college. Not the behavior pattern I want of someone governing a state, or worse yet, our country.
Quote:
Obama has a college degree, both undergrad and graduate. Obama has also won more significant elections than Walker.

When we are allowed to see Walker's college transcripts for the four years he dithered there without earning any degree, get back to me.
You have to learn to keep your attacks consistent and not contradictory. Are they not teaching anything these days in the Democrat Social Media School of Attacking Republicans?

If Walker hasn't released his transcripts how do you know he did "four years of doing nothing constructive" and "Walker wasn't on track to graduate". I'll take your source for those.

But as long as we are on the topic of transcripts, maybe we can get a teeny peek at Obama's transcripts from Punahou and Oxy, his SAT & ACT scores and figure out how he was able to transfer to Columbia from Oxy. Then maybe we can see his LSAT scores and Columbia transcripts so we can know how he got into Harvard Law.

Quote:
The dumbing down of America! No longer is discipline and perseverance, which are required to finish a college degree, considered an asset. Uneducated and unmotivated people want someone they can relate to instead.
Discipline and perseverance are great traits, but they are not exclusive to graduating college. They also apply to things like attaining the rank of Eagle Scout, getting and maintaining a good job, getting elected to public office and being successful at whatever you do.

The dumbing down of America comes from awarding college degrees for things like Gender Studies, Women's Studies, LGBT Studies, Social Ecology and the like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 02:58 PM

288 posts, read 212,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What kind of logic is that supposed to be. So a person doesn't have a college education, now the party doesn't believe in science and the agenda is stupid. I don't see one serious statement to your posting...

I do know, like so many have pointed out: being a college grad doesn't mean a person is qualified for much of anything truthfully when it comes to knowing how to succeed; not having an education doesn't mean a person can not or will not succeed. I think this is evident when we look at who is in the White House right now.

Now can you tell us about the Republican party agenda and how you so smartly determined they do not believe in science?
Not only regressives do not beleive in science, they don't beleive in education, period, remember Santorum when he called Obama a snob, for supporting education. Historically gop has supported a number of borderline intelligent people like reagan, palin, bush jr, quayle, etc. ...

Old 03-22-2015, 03:25 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,552,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Walker represents a significant DOWNGRADE from our current President. Shame on the GOP for supporting this uneducated simpleton. Only in the GOP can a white male with no college degree, kicked out of Marquette University because he was caught cheating, be supported for the highest office in this land. Walker would be favored even over a supremely educated black male (Carson) because of the bigotry and white supremacy inherent in the ideology of the right-wing. This is beyond pathetic.

Walker reflects a dumbing-down of a portion of this society (Conservatives), from the historically low point they currently reside, after regressing from the low bar set by Dubya. Not surprised by his support within a party that which favors race over qualifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EdCHmf1i80

COLLEGE DEGREE

Old 03-22-2015, 03:50 PM

4,584 posts, read 3,412,463 times
I was just wondering if a good deal of these anti-Walker degree posts are actually from GOP elite or the Bush campaign who have been told all their lives that a piece of paper from Yale and a Skull and Bones membership automatically win an election, and cannot possibly contemplate a world where it does not.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
What does that have to do with my response to the poster who claimed "Obama accomplished significant legislation", in retort to me saying he is not a good leader
This is a Walker thread, correct?

I am pointing out that the very things you call Obama out for, apply to Walker times 10.

"Anyone, even a midget can dunk a basketball if the ladder they are on is high enough."

"Hence my point, that both Reagan & Clinton were effective enough leaders to compromise and get the country moving forward." Post #101

I'll connect the dots for you:

Your view is tainted with bias. For starters Walker used up all his good will and political capital by pushing through the Act 10 on a strictly partisan vote. Remember he passed that most significant legislation because he had a completely (R) controlled Congress. Anyone, even a midget can dunk a basketball if the ladder they are on is high enough. Rest assured he would not have passed the Act 10 as written without significant changes and compromise, if at all with an opposition party in control.
Hence my point, that both Reagan & Clinton were effective enough leaders to compromise and get the country moving forward.

Reagan was pretty conservative, and Tip O'Neal was pretty liberal, yet they forged a path together. They also put politics aside to some degree on got on with the business of governing by compromise, not rigid ideology.
The same is true of Clinton who was pretty liberal, and Newt Gingrich was pretty conservative. Clinton was pragmatic enough to compromise.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Without his transcript how do you know he "dithered" there? It's already well known that you despise Scott Walker and your hatred for him brings many of us great delight given how well he's done in WI and how much progress he's made.

Ah.....Walker went to four years of college and did not earn a degree (most people who attend college earn degrees after four years).

Old 03-22-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Just because he didnt finish college doesnt mean he didnt go. Or that he dropped out because of grades. He didnt finish because of job oppertunity. Should he have turned the job down for a beloved degree?
Walker also has a bridge to sell you

Old 03-22-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Duly noted that you were not able to answer the question. BTW "dither" does not mean what you think it does. Better words for what you want would be something along the lines of 'squander' or 'fritter.' I wouldn't be surprised if Gov Walker knows this, even without a college degree.
Dither = indecisive behavior.

Attending college for four years and not completing a degree, qualifies for indecisive behavior for me. But, please, go ask your intellectual, Scooter, what he was thinking.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,374,090 times
Quote:
Dither = indecisive behavior.

Attending college for four years and not completing a degree, qualifies for indecisive behavior for me. But, please, go ask your intellectual, Scooter, what he was thinking.
Perhaps there was indecision, perhaps not. I don't have the mental telepathy that apparently you think you do in order to determine that. Maybe he just got caught up in work and never found the time to go back to finish his degree.

I would forward your question to Scooter (Scooter Libby?) but I'm afraid he would vomit at your horrible diction. Didn't they teach grammar and proper use of commas at the school where you got your graduate degree?

Old 03-22-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I agree that the college degree requirement should be removed from all federal jobs where a degree is not relevant. That means, yes, I think a doctor from the CDC should have a degree, but I don't think the administrator of the CDC needs a degree. They need good experience at running complex organizations. So if Michael Dell applied for a job with the federal government to run a department or agency I'd had no problem hiring him

Having a college degree has nothing to do with intelligence as your posts often show.

Walker has finished his Eagle Scout, he completed four terms in the WI Assembly, he completed two terms as the Milwaukee County Executive, has completed one term as Governor and is likely to complete a second.

You have to learn to keep your attacks consistent and not contradictory. Are they not teaching anything these days in the Democrat Social Media School of Attacking Republicans?

If Walker hasn't released his transcripts how do you know he did "four years of doing nothing constructive" and "Walker wasn't on track to graduate". I'll take your source for those.

But as long as we are on the topic of transcripts, maybe we can get a teeny peek at Obama's transcripts from Punahou and Oxy, his SAT & ACT scores and figure out how he was able to transfer to Columbia from Oxy. Then maybe we can see his LSAT scores and Columbia transcripts so we can know how he got into Harvard Law.

Discipline and perseverance are great traits, but they are not exclusive to graduating college. They also apply to things like attaining the rank of Eagle Scout, getting and maintaining a good job, getting elected to public office and being successful at whatever you do.

The dumbing down of America comes from awarding college degrees for things like Gender Studies, Women's Studies, LGBT Studies, Social Ecology and the like.
Pretty much common knowledge.

Quote:
Gates and Zuckerberg dropping out of Harvard to launch innovative computer businesses is nothing like Walker leaving Marquette, with a 2.59 GPA and a whopping 34 credits short of graduation, to take a job with the local chapter of the American Red Cross.
Scott Walker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections