Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 09:55 AM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You remind me of what my Philosophy 101 professor said during class in college. He was very into politics and one day he told us that all of our elected officials should have History degrees, not Political Science or business or whatever. I never forgot it and later on in my studies, I totally agree with it.
Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 10:02 AM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Lack of transparency is the mark of a coward.

Speaking of honesty, I'm sure you really gave it to Obama when he did that. Oh wait you didn't. Next

Old 07-12-2015, 10:03 AM

25,609 posts, read 17,341,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Caused massive layoffs, loss of jobs, and a severe shortage of teachers in WI such that they actually considered hiring someone with a college degree teach high school! State also has a 2.2 billion dollar deficit. So what part of that mess is a crowning achievement? Again, Walker is a one trick pony, except his pony wears a smoke screen.

I am beginning to think that the uneducated, low paid really want to bring everyone else down with them and this is what that is about.
He DID cause all of those things, and good for him. Teachers who were only interested in the benefits of teaching left the profession. Good riddance.

But I don't think he'll be the Republican nominee. It'll be someone else, and unless Trump splits the conservative vote the Republican nominee will become the next President. That movement began in 2014 and will continue. After all, Bill Clinton never got 50% of the popular vote, and Hillary will not do as well as Bill.

Your description of Walker as one of the "uneducated, low paid" is pretty funny.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
He DID cause all of those things, and good for him. Teachers who were only interested in the benefits of teaching left the profession. Good riddance.

But I don't think he'll be the Republican nominee. It'll be someone else, and unless Trump splits the conservative vote the Republican nominee will become the next President. That movement began in 2014 and will continue. After all, Bill Clinton never got 50% of the popular vote, and Hillary will not do as well as Bill.

Your description of Walker as one of the "uneducated, low paid" is pretty funny.
Actually, Walker is taking advantage of the uneducated's desire to pull all wages down with them so that Walker can do the bidding of billionaires who fund him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7v8f8jBrW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyItprY1Dg

Old 07-12-2015, 10:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Caused massive layoffs, loss of jobs, and a severe shortage of teachers in WI such that they actually considered hiring someone with a college degree teach high school! State also has a 2.2 billion dollar deficit. So what part of that mess is a crowning achievement? Again, Walker is a one trick pony, except his pony wears a smoke screen.

I am beginning to think that the uneducated, low paid really want to bring everyone else down with them and this is what that is about.
And why did all this happen? Could it have anything to do with the teachers union? Of course it did; he didn't cost them jobs, they did it to themselves. I suppose you think Reagan cost the Air controllers their jobs as well? Let's face it, like it or not, union have worn out their welcome. it seems you also are nieve enough to think people who do not agree with you are uneducated and suffer from low paying jobs. I love the way you refer to utube: educated people realize utube videos are worthless and rarely true. Most are set ups or edited to represent what the author wants them to represent.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Lack of transparency is the mark of a coward.

Speaking of honesty, I'm sure you really gave it to Obama when he did that. Oh wait you didn't. Next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCtOKUhxps4

Old 07-12-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And why did all this happen? Could it have anything to do with the teachers union? Of course it did; he didn't cost them jobs, they did it to themselves. I suppose you think Reagan cost the Air controllers their jobs as well? Let's face it, like it or not, union have worn out their welcome. it seems you also are nieve enough to think people who do not agree with you are uneducated and suffer from low paying jobs. I love the way you refer to utube: educated people realize utube videos are worthless and rarely true. Most are set ups or edited to represent what the author wants them to represent.
Can't attract good teachers if they get low pay and lousy benefits. In fact, people won't major in education if the job is paid like a McDs worker.

Quote:
Since Gov. Scott Walker and the Republican Legislature enacted sweeping changes to collective bargaining and teacher compensation, the number of junior and senior undergraduates enrolled in state teacher-training programs appears to have dropped, state data show.
The 2.8 percent decrease between 2010 and 2012 at University of Wisconsin System campuses comes after a 6.8 percent increase between 2008 and 2010, according to System data reported to the federal Education Department provided to the State Journal by the UW System in response to a request for enrollment data for the System’s teacher-training programs. 
Number of teachers in training down statewide : Wsj

Maybe this will help for you to connect the dots on this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causality

Old 07-12-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Since the YouTube videos I posted are of Walker talking, I see what you mean by being worthless and what is said being rarely true.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyItprY1Dg

And yet the unemployment rate feel
Non farm salaries have increased
mining and lodging wages have increased
Construction wages up
manufacturing wages up
Transporation wages up
Information wages up
Financial sector wages up
Professional wages up
EDUCATIONAL WAGES UP
Hospitality wages up

etc..

Seems its YOU who don tknow what you are talking about.. AGAIN

Wisconsin Economy at a Glance

Old 07-12-2015, 10:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times
Quote:
Can't attract good teachers if they get low pay and lousy benefits.
Except their wages INCREASED..

stop embarrassing yourself by posting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections