Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Here are the 20 Republicans likely to make a run for the GOP nomination according to The Hill. There is a one or two sentence blurb about each one in the article.

Who do you think will run?

Who do you think won't run?

Who do you think will run but be out after Iowa?

Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie
Ben Carson
Mike Huckabee
Ted Cruz
Rick Perry
Lindsey Graham
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Carly Fiorina
John Bolton
Peter King
George Pataki
Jim Gilmore
Bob Ehrlich
Mark Everson

20 Republicans who are gearing up to run for president | TheHill

I see Donald Trump is missing.

I actually worked for (but not as a candidate) one of these 20 at one time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 06:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Who is Mark Everson?

I think it's going to come down to Walker, Rubio, and Cruz. But the truth is, it is just too early to say. I liked Herman Cain at this point last time. I'm sure there are dems who supported Edwards in 2008 who now ask themselves, 'what was I thinking?'

Old 03-23-2015, 04:02 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,821 times
Not sure who some of these people are...but, I can say with certainty who I don't want to see run! Although I was a big fan of "W", I DO NOT want to see Jeb Bush run!!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:21 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Here are the 20 Republicans likely to make a run for the GOP nomination according to The Hill. There is a one or two sentence blurb about each one in the article.

Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz

I think realistically it will come down to Paul, Walker, and Bush.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
I dont see why Rubio would run if Bush is.

Seems like you would be fighting a losing battle.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I think realistically it will come down to Paul, Walker, and Bush.
i would agree but you might want to throw Rubio in there. My gut feeling and maybe it is more hope than anything, Bush will not do as well as so many think he will. I think there are just too many within the party, even the insiders that are tired of the same ole, same ole and are looking for new faces. I know a lot of people think Rubio will not run if Bush does, I am just not convinced of this.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Who is Mark Everson?

I think it's going to come down to Walker, Rubio, and Cruz. But the truth is, it is just too early to say. I liked Herman Cain at this point last time. I'm sure there are dems who supported Edwards in 2008 who now ask themselves, 'what was I thinking?'
Mark Everson used to be the Commissioner of the IRS. That ought to go over big with voters.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:46 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Who do you think won't run?

Who do you think will run but be out after Iowa?

Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie
Ben Carson
Mike Huckabee
Ted Cruz
Rick Perry
Lindsey Graham
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Carly Fiorina
John Bolton
Peter King
George Pataki
Jim Gilmore
Bob Ehrlich
Mark Everson

20 Republicans who are gearing up to run for president | TheHill

I see Donald Trump is missing.

I actually worked for (but not as a candidate) one of these 20 at one time...
Any of the ones I have put in bold I do not believe will run for President. John Bolton? Who is clamoring for a warmed over Bush era chickenhawk? I suspect Lindsey Graham will fill that void anyway. Who the hell is Bob Ehrlich or Mark Everson?

Old 03-29-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Any of the ones I have put in bold I do not believe will run for President. John Bolton? Who is clamoring for a warmed over Bush era chickenhawk? I suspect Lindsey Graham will fill that void anyway. Who the hell is Bob Ehrlich or Mark Everson?
Ehrlich was the governor of Maryland. Everson has already been answered.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:09 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Still Walker, Cruz, Rubio, and with a sliver of an opening for Rand Paul or Rick Perry. I noticed that JC Watts endorsed Rand Paul because of Paul's outreach activities to the black community.

As for Jeb Bush do a search of him on this very forum. You'll be hard pressed to find more than one or two posts from right-wingers expressing anything more than lukewarm interest. Yet you'll find one after another post from left-wingers swearing up and down that Bush already has the nomination sewn up. Can we say 'disconnect?'

My argument on Jeb Bush is that he can't win the general due to the high turnout of low info voters in a prez cycle, and the high toxicity of the Bush name among such voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections