Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:51 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times

Advertisements

She strikes me as a dark horse candidate. I find myself agreeing with everything she says, and she handled Katie Couric's gotcha! questions like a pro. She has all the experience and none of the political baggage as someone who has been in politics all of their life.

If you have a chance, watch her yahoo interview with Katie Couric. Smart woman who is also likable.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/2016-for...213014050.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Can't very well speak and shake my head at the same time, can I?

If you want to use your CEO experience as a stepping stone to politics, it would help if the market didn't react to the news of your ousting with a 7% increase in share price. There's something ironic about her golden parachute (which included about $19M in of shares) actually increasing considerably in value when she was finally kicked out.

(OK, so that was just one case - HP. She also ran Bell Labs and Lucent into the ground.)

Not that she has a chance. Running for President without a chance of being nominated is turning into a bit of a cottage industry. There's undoubtedly a "Donate Now" button on her actual website, it's nice ego bath for the purported candidate, it undoubtedly increases the speaking fees and - who knows? Once she concedes and throws her support behind the actual candidate, and if he wins, he may remember his friends.

It would also bolster confidence in her high-tech credentials if her campaign was organized enough to register a domain name. Carly Fiorina failed to register this domain.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Can't very well speak and shake my head at the same time, can I?

If you want to use your CEO experience as a stepping stone to politics, it would help if the market didn't react to the news of your ousting with a 7% increase in share price. There's something ironic about her golden parachute (which included about $19M in of shares) actually increasing considerably in value when she was finally kicked out.

(OK, so that was just one case - HP. She also ran Bell Labs and Lucent into the ground.)

Not that she has a chance. Running for President without a chance of being nominated is turning into a bit of a cottage industry. There's undoubtedly a "Donate Now" button on her actual website, it's nice ego bath for the purported candidate, it undoubtedly increases the speaking fees and - who knows? Once she concedes and throws her support behind the actual candidate, and if he wins, he may remember his friends.

It would also bolster confidence in her high-tech credentials if her campaign was organized enough to register a domain name. Carly Fiorina failed to register this domain.
Did you watch her interview with Katie Couric? She has an explanation for her CEO experiences.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:34 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Did you watch her interview with Katie Couric? She has an explanation for her CEO experiences.
It was Bush's fault?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It was Bush's fault?
Nope. She actually is accountable for her faults. That's refreshing in any politician.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Why isn't anyone talking about Carly Fiorina?

She strikes me as a spiteful person. Her body language, facial expressions, and words all say, "I have psychological anger issues."

Old 05-05-2015, 10:02 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
I'm sure she does. She has a background in marketing, after all - if she can't put a positive spin on "I was fired and the stock rose", I'd be disappointed. I guess the market got it wrong or something.

If she wants to accuse Clinton of not having a "track record of accomplishments", her own track record is certainly fair game.

Her business record is, to say it charitably, questionable. (Remember Lucent?) As for politics, she got herself fired from the McCain campaign after saying something stupid, she ran the now-famous "demon sheep ad" to be nominated to run for Senate against Barbara Boxer (and she lost).

And as I said, she knows she's not getting the nom.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:08 AM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
You mean excuses for her poor performance.

Fiorina is the biggest joke so far in the GOP clown car. She is very unlikable and it is obvious that she is doing this only as an ego boost and book tour. She is the 2016 version of Trump.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:09 AM

186 posts, read 158,559 times
Quote:
She strikes me as a dark horse candidate. I find myself agreeing with everything she says, and she handled Katie Couric's gotcha! questions like a pro. She has all the experience and none of the political baggage as someone who has been in politics all of their life.

If you have a chance, watch her yahoo interview with Katie Couric. Smart woman who is also likable.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/2016-for...213014050.html
Love her! She is very smart, personable and is able to think on her feet. Great candidate!!

Old 05-05-2015, 11:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

Yahoo!

Why would we?
She has no appeal, other than the Sarah Palin / She is a Conservative woman talking head.
I'd take Mia Love over her in a heartbeat, if it has to be a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections