Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:22 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't care what race he is. I don't like the guy, and wouldn't vote for him, period.

Ditto with Cruz
Ditto with Rubio

Just as a post script, I wouldn't vote for Jebbers either.

Until the GOP can come up with a decent conservative (aka, not tea party crazy) I will not vote repub.
What do you know about conservatives? Carson is hard for you neo progs to grasp. Born poor got out of it became the world premier surgeon and understands all people can use America to make it big, You guys just hate guys who make it out of poverty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I LOVED what he said...we MUST get the spending under control...we MUST elect someone who loves this country and will uphold our Constitution..and we MUST use our brains and not fall for everything the media tells us!

Our country is in a big mess...and we need to stop the madness.

Cut taxes and regulations, and let American's do what they do best....work and make money. No more creating "victims"...if they want a piece of the American Dream, get out there and work for it...it's there, but it does take effort! Everything takes effort...

Whether he'll get the nomination or not...I don't know, but he sure as hell makes a lot of sense!
Talk and rhetoric is cheap. Ben wants to end all those programs that helped get him where he is today.

Quote:
Interesting facts about Dr. Ben Carson, Conservative Icon:
1. raised by a single mother
2. raised in public housing
3. fed with food stamps.
4. supported with welfare was-dependent-on-government
5. kept healthy with medicaid…
6. educated in public schools
7. got eyeglasses from state agency
8. benefited from affirmative action to enter college
9. used federal loans and Pell grants in undergrad school
10. benefited from affirmative action to enter medical school
11. med school paid for with grant from USPHS*
12. said: “The disintegration of the family unit and the welfare state are enslaving African-Americans and ruining their futures.”
The Startling Hypocrisy Of Conservative Icon Dr. Ben Carson

and

http://wonkette.com/550031/ben-carso...-on-government

Old 05-05-2015, 10:14 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
So he spouted the same standard political boilerplate we have been hearing from both sides for decades and you were impressed? Is that really all it takes? I can't believe people actually fall for this stuff.
And yet people fall for Hillary's crap on a daily basis...

Old 05-05-2015, 10:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
And yet people fall for Hillary's crap on a daily basis...
I see the right-wing is running on the same campaign rhetoric as the last presidential election.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klondikekat View Post
Hillary has a good.shot of being President, Carson doesn't
That doesn't mean that Hillary supporters are any less stupid than we all suspect they are. Our current POTUS was put into office by morons, I generally don't doubt the ability of stupid people in large numbers to pull some things off.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I see the right-wing is running on the same campaign rhetoric as the last presidential election.
And Hillary Clinton isn't running on the same old Hope and Change that sucked in a few million braindead liberals in 08 and 2012? Please, there are over 300 million people in this country and the absolute best option that democrats can come up with is an old, very rich white lady and Bernie Sanders.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't care what race he is. I don't like the guy, and wouldn't vote for him, period.
It's ok we know the real reason you hate Carson.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klondikekat View Post
Smart enough to pick a winner, unlike Carson supporters. Listen I prefer Sanders or Warren but I have enough sense to know they wont win
The POTUS election isn't a popularity contest, at least it shouldn't be. If you base your vote on who you think is going to win you're just as petty as the idiots who put Obama in office the first time based on nothing more than shallow catch phrases and empty promises.

Those hoards of college age, mushy brained robots chanting Hope and Change didn't exactly do this country any good when they went with their feelings.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:12 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The POTUS election isn't a popularity contest, at least it shouldn't be. If you base your vote on who you think is going to win you're just as petty as the idiots who put Obama in office the first time based on nothing more than shallow catch phrases and empty promises.

Those hoards of college age, mushy brained robots chanting Hope and Change didn't exactly do this country any good when they went with their feelings.
Do you think they were too mushy brained to know the difference between hoards and hordes?

Is it really too much to ask that if folks are going to insult other people's intelligence they could do it without spelling errors?

Old 05-05-2015, 11:18 AM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
He doesn't have a chance to win the presidency. Just another Don Quixote figure jousting at political windmills. More of an ego trip than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections