Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 04:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
This is what the dims did to McCain. They loved him right up until he got the nomination then turned on him overnight. They want Bush because they think Cankles can beat him and no one else.
Don't kid yourself. This Democrat would have voted for McCain if he hadn't pick Palin for a VP. "Turning on him" had every thing to do with that and nothing to do with him getting the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 05:49 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Don't kid yourself. This Democrat would have voted for McCain if he hadn't pick Palin for a VP. "Turning on him" had every thing to do with that and nothing to do with him getting the nomination.
I agree with that. I was all set to vote for McCain and was working on convincing my wife to do the same. Then he picked Palin and convincing her was no longer an issue. Obama got my reluctant vote.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:59 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I agree with that. I was all set to vote for McCain and was working on convincing my wife to do the same. Then he picked Palin and convincing her was no longer an issue. Obama got my reluctant vote.
My brother did the same thing; wanted to vote McCain, but couldn't do it after that disastrous pick.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:11 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
The Bush name is the gift that keeps on giving. If that pathetic wimp is the frontrunner, the GOP is in trouble. This is what his presence signifies.

This country is not about to take many steps BACK, by electing another Bush, after the incredibly great and prosperous presidency of the great Barack Obama.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:54 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
A third agreement. All the older Democrats I know would have voted for McCain over Obama if not for Sarah Palin. The thought that it was possible that Palin could have control of the Launch the Nukes button terrified all of them.
Sarah Palin was the worst choice any modern candidate has ever made for VP. Both parties have had some doozies for VP choices- Thomas Eagleton, with his history of electroshock treatments, was a big one for the Democrats, but Eagleton never tore his party apart afterwards like Palin did. None of the others did that. only Palin.

None of the Democrats I know are hot for Jeb either. Jeb is too much like his brother, and no one in either party wants another Bush in the White House. I don't blame the Republicans for disliking Jeb; he has been nothing but a chump from the get-go, a complete misfire.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:20 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,124,578 times
They know that he would have a steep climb because his name is "Bush," so they like him. That could backfire on them, though, as Jeb, like his brother, could get 40%ish of the Hispanic vote because of his proven track record on immigration. Any Republican getting 40% of the Hispanic vote will be walked into the white house.

Jeb is a conservative who supports modest immigration reform and common core, which is apparently a Democrat thing (one of the few political issues I know nothing whatsoever about). Otherwise, he is much more of a real conservative than McCain or even Romney. I have to research the common core thing.

As for immigration reform, all that want to see is a separation of the wheat from the chaff. I would say that if they speak English, are not on the dole and have committed no crimes (well...no OTHER crimes), we could have a pathway for them. So Bush would be acceptable to me. But every Republican needs to make that decision for themselves.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-15-2015 at 03:44 AM..

Old 06-15-2015, 03:27 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A third agreement. All the older Democrats I know would have voted for McCain over Obama if not for Sarah Palin. The thought that it was possible that Palin could have control of the Launch the Nukes button terrified all of them.
Sarah Palin was the worst choice any modern candidate has ever made for VP. Both parties have had some doozies for VP choices- Thomas Eagleton, with his history of electroshock treatments, was a big one for the Democrats, but Eagleton never tore his party apart afterwards like Palin did. None of the others did that. only Palin.

None of the Democrats I know are hot for Jeb either. Jeb is too much like his brother, and no one in either party wants another Bush in the White House. I don't blame the Republicans for disliking Jeb; he has been nothing but a chump from the get-go, a complete misfire.
In what way is Jeb like W? Since they were both governors it must be there where you see it so tell us. I'm not voting for him but it has nothing to do with his brother.

Al Gore, Internet inventor, is a coconut. Look at his wrong predictions that didn't come to pass.

Embarrassing Predictions Haunt the Global-Warming Industry

Al Gore's Climate Calculations Prove Wrong

Stunning satellite images show summer ice cap is thicker and covers 1.7million square kilometres MORE than 2 years ago...despite Al Gore's prediction it would be ICE-FREE by now | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-15-2015, 04:39 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
What I find funny is that Jeb says he wants to run on his Florida record.... luck with that...

Old 06-15-2015, 05:06 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,649,548 times
Well, he's announced formally, but he won't win the nomination. Another Bush is like a dingy Camelot.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:23 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
There are some people who are not confined to their own narrow box point of view. I'm registered as a Democrat but voted for Romney as I wasn't thrilled with the job Obama did in his first four years. Not a fan of Hillary either, so I am interested in some of the Republican candidates.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
You are a DINO. Jeb just announced in Miami and he is already talking about Wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections