U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
 
5,767 posts, read 9,918,269 times
Reputation: 3808

Advertisements

A Bush or Clinton has been in power as either a President or Vice President since 1980 - 28 years ago. Eight years of Hillary would extend that to an astonishing 36 years - which is to say, 15% of the entire independent history of the United States.

Is that really acceptable? Is it good for democracy to swap the nation's top post between two families?

For those who do find this acceptable, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2008, 03:56 PM
 
1,545 posts, read 2,000,664 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
A Bush or Clinton has been in power as either a President or Vice President since 1980 - 28 years ago. Eight years of Hillary would extend that to an astonishing 36 years - which is to say, 15% of the entire independent history of the United States.

Is that really acceptable? Is it good for democracy to swap the nation's top post between two families?

For those who do find this acceptable, why?
Its a Monarchy in disguise !!! Inbreeding led to Dubya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 04:12 PM
 
8,181 posts, read 10,930,108 times
Reputation: 2872
It is not acceptable in any way shape or form. The Republican and Democratic parties have shown that the name of the game is personal power and the accumulation of personal wealth, NOT the good of the country. It is sickening, un American and quite frankly is what drove me to embrace Ron Paul.
Well, that and Paul (while not agreeing with him 100%), has a hella lot of good ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Here
10,744 posts, read 11,399,099 times
Reputation: 5814
Sure doesn't make voting for Obama the right thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
 
69,376 posts, read 52,826,915 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
A Bush or Clinton has been in power as either a President or Vice President since 1980 - 28 years ago. Eight years of Hillary would extend that to an astonishing 36 years - which is to say, 15% of the entire independent history of the United States.

Is that really acceptable? Is it good for democracy to swap the nation's top post between two families?

For those who do find this acceptable, why?
I think you have one to many "bush" at the beginning

Bush-Bush-Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush-Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
 
5,767 posts, read 9,918,269 times
Reputation: 3808
Quote:
I think you have one to many "bush" at the beginning
Not at all. George H.W. Bush served two terms as Vice President under Ronald Reagan from 1980 to 1988.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
 
69,376 posts, read 52,826,915 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Not at all. George H.W. Bush served two terms as Vice President under Ronald Reagan from 1980 to 1988.
Who counts the VP position? I think they are more useless then my fiance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Virginia
656 posts, read 1,071,889 times
Reputation: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who counts the VP position? I think they are more useless then my fiance
I don't know about your fiance but the veep really is a mostly useless job. Hell, the only time the veep has any responsibility for anything is when the Senate is tied in a 50-50 vote, and that rarely happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:26 PM
 
69,376 posts, read 52,826,915 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
I don't know about your fiance but the veep really is a mostly useless job. Hell, the only time the veep has any responsibility for anything is when the Senate is tied in a 50-50 vote, and that rarely happens.
Pretty much what i said.. useless fiance.. I mean VP. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,213,567 times
Reputation: 1937
so that is reason to vote for Obama or McCain
sorry if you are not old enough to have been voting long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top