Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 06:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Political Correctness runs amok. Trump has said nothing racist or controversial. I heard what he said. He was absolutely right. If NBC can't handle the truth, they shouldn't be in the broadcasting business.

What Trump said was in regard to ILLEGAL "immigration," not LEGAL immigrants. He was referring to LAWBREAKERS.

One would think that NBC would know the difference.
How can you say that Trump said nothing controversial when so many people in TWO countries are upset by his words and people in this very thread are debating about his words? How the heck do you define controversial if the dust-up Trump caused in his announcement speech doesn't fit your definition? At best, what he said was poorly articulated and I for one don't want someone in the White House who can't make himself understood any better than Trump. At the worst, he really is a racist, hot-headed phony with no filter in his brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 06:31 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
This is why we don't have free speech, fairness and a representative government. The media is coercive, bullying propaganda and brainwashing machine for the progressive/liberal/globalists. People should be outraged by our policy of open border, mass legal and illegal immigration and naturalization. The media censor, cleanses and brainwashes opposition away.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:00 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
This is why we don't have free speech, fairness and a representative government. The media is coercive, bullying propaganda and brainwashing machine for the progressive/liberal/globalists. People should be outraged by our policy of open border, mass legal and illegal immigration and naturalization. The media censor, cleanses and brainwashes opposition away.
Why do you feel the need to make things up? Don't pretend the media is liberal. Conservatives have Yahoo, every network news but NBC, Faux News, CNN among a good portion of the internet.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:51 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
He implied that most illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists, among other things. He also implied that Mexico consciously sent the US its 'worst of the worst'. Not only are these statements understandably offensive, they're also false --illegal immigrants are incarcerated at a much lower rate than American citizens.

FOX hasn't been relevent since the decline of American Idol. They're in 4th place IIRC.

You do realize this isn't a comparison between Fox News and MSNBC, yes?

In 2005 there was a big stink over the Mexican government publishing pamphlets that served as a guide for migrants to cross into our country illegally. I'm not sure if that is still occurring but will ask my Border Patrol buddies about it the next time I talk to them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/09/us...ally.html?_r=0

Old 06-29-2015, 07:59 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Typical - Why don't you include the full Quote?
because the entire quote didn't change anything.

until trump releases his financial disclosure he is not a complete official candidate. he has a couple weeks left to do so or file for an extension till fall.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, it's okay if they thumb their noses at our immigration laws? Why are you making excuses for them?
not excuses, i'm stating the reality of the situation. if something i've said is false please point out specifically what that is.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO no illegal aliens's a "good" person. Sorry.
i find it hard to believe if the roles were reversed you wouldn't do the same to support your family.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:07 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't wish bad on you, I don't wish bad on anyone. These are just studies on Fox viewers.

By left wing sources.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:22 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i find it hard to believe if the roles were reversed you wouldn't do the same to support your family.
I would never enter another country illegally. It would bother my conscience to do so. Besides, doing so would set a terrible example for my children.

On the other hand, illegal aliens---no matter how they got here---have shown that they lack a moral compass. We, as a nation, are extremely generous when it comes legal immigration. There is no excuse for anyone to ever enter another country illegally. Period.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

Lololol.

Did you hear that from NBC's Lyin' Brian?

They're not illegal aliens, they're "undocumented" workers. Some people are conveniently missing the bearded children, gang members, criminals, and pregnant women invading the country.

Gimmeabreak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections