Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 08:16 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times

Advertisements

Totally great read - 4 pages, but all very good. Ted Cruz - the fighter

How Ted Cruz Became Ted Cruz

In just a few years, he turned an obscure Texas legal post into a national platform for red-meat conservative causes.

Read more: How Ted Cruz Became Ted Cruz - POLITICO Magazine

Old 01-21-2016, 08:24 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,713 times
I wonder why he doesn't run on his frst name like everyone does?

Rafael instead of Ted

Everytime he talks, look at his face, almost patronizing as in , you idiots at home watching me, vote for me because I can't keep a straight face.

Insults NY values, trump mentions the courage of NY people during 9/11, Cruz had to clap..New York values you were saying Ted??

Old 01-21-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post

Rafael instead of Ted

Everytime he talks, look at his face, almost patronizing as in , you idiots at home watching me, vote for me because I can't keep a straight face.

Insults NY values, trump mentions the courage of NY people during 9/11, Cruz had to clap..New York values you were saying Ted??
He changed his name to Ted because, in Spanish, the diminutive is formed by adding - ito, thus, the diminutive of his full name Rafael was Rafaelito, shortened would be Felito. Until he was 13 yrs old, he was Felito Cruz. Being that his named rhymed with every major corn chip on the market, i.e. Fritos, Cheetos, Doritos, and Tostitios, he was tired of the teasing. So, he and his mother came up with TED, which his father hated and refused to call him by that name because it reminded him of Ted Kennedy. He stayed with Ted and after a long time, his father got used to it.

Ted is studious, serious and also funny. He is the most steady and brilliant person in the race. He has done well in life. That is what we need in this country - a steady hand, a steady temperament, and unwavering conviction - that is Ted.

On the NY Values, you completely missed the point, Trump dogging the truth with a grand performance at the debate didn't get away with the truth in an interview with Tim Russert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WELYs3ns3Fs

You may want to try arguing on "substance". Just a suggestion.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking WOW, Ted Cruz----he is finished!!!

Stick a fork in him.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He changed his name to Ted because, in Spanish, the diminutive is formed by adding - ito, thus, the diminutive of his full name Rafael was Rafaelito, shortened would be Felito. Until he was 13 yrs old, he was Felito Cruz. Being that his named rhymed with every major corn chip on the market, i.e. Fritos, Cheetos, Doritos, and Tostitios, he was tired of the teasing. So, he and his mother came up with TED, which his father hated and refused to call him by that name because it reminded him of Ted Kennedy. He stayed with Ted and after a long time, his father got used to it.

Ted is studious, serious and also funny. He is the most steady and brilliant person in the race. He has done well in life. That is what we need in this country - a steady hand, a steady temperament, and unwavering conviction - that is Ted.

On the NY Values, you completely missed the point, Trump dogging the truth with a grand performance at the debate didn't get away with the truth in an interview with Tim Russert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WELYs3ns3Fs

You may want to try arguing on "substance". Just a suggestion.
I think you just missed the whole point. Read carefully. Whether as per your definition Ted is studious, serious etc has no relevancy. Why did he change it to Ted? not proud of his background? Ted is not his name, it is a nickname. It's not like his first name was Christopher and he goes by Chris. Looks like a way not to be a person of obvious Hispanic background. Who cares if it rhymed with Doritos?

I thin he would appeal a bit more to the Hispanic vote if he was Rafael.

I remember the republicans were making fun when Obama was nicknamed Barry, they made sure he was Called Barrack Hussein, of did I see this in a different dimension? The hypocrisy is brutal on the right on this one.

Ted is a hypocrite just like any of the other candidates; he is a politician that made sure he brown noses Trump so he could get his numbers up then decided to bash him afterwards. It was all about him getting his poll numbers up. Both sides are slimebags and his way of patronizing makes him even more of a typical slime politician.

The point about NY values, why is any politician blasted for changing views? Can't anyone change their views? Trump is your typical sales guy who kisses @ss for his own benefit. All politicians do it. They flip flop for their agenda. So if he mentioned with Russert that he had more liberal leanings, is that a bad thing? Donald has become more of a hardcore right winger. Not defending the guy but just because he is from new York and many eyars ago said something about being more liberal and now changed his views, how does this not compare to any other politicians?

And that is substance, not a suggestion.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I think you just missed the whole point. Read carefully. Whether as per your definition Ted is studious, serious etc has no relevancy. Why did he change it to Ted? not proud of his background? Ted is not his name, it is a nickname. It's not like his first name was Christopher and he goes by Chris. Looks like a way not to be a person of obvious Hispanic background. Who cares if it rhymed with Doritos?

I thin he would appeal a bit more to the Hispanic vote if he was Rafael.

I remember the republicans were making fun when Obama was nicknamed Barry, they made sure he was Called Barrack Hussein, of did I see this in a different dimension? The hypocrisy is brutal on the right on this one.

Ted is a hypocrite just like any of the other candidates; he is a politician that made sure he brown noses Trump so he could get his numbers up then decided to bash him afterwards. It was all about him getting his poll numbers up. Both sides are slimebags and his way of patronizing makes him even more of a typical slime politician.

The point about NY values, why is any politician blasted for changing views? Can't anyone change their views? Trump is your typical sales guy who kisses @ss for his own benefit. All politicians do it. They flip flop for their agenda. So if he mentioned with Russert that he had more liberal leanings, is that a bad thing? Donald has become more of a hardcore right winger. Not defending the guy but just because he is from new York and many eyars ago said something about being more liberal and now changed his views, how does this not compare to any other politicians?

And that is substance, not a suggestion.
I told you exactly why Ted changed his name. I changed mine when I got older, because I didn't like how my mother spelled it on my birth certificate. It's my right and it's his right to do that.

Trump is not a conservative nor is he a populist. He has just recently changed his views and some from one week to the next - like the Dreamers for and then against. That is not a steady candidate to put in the WH.

The point on the NY values is not his stances, but the point that Ted Cruz made at the debate - the "view" that people have of NY values, which Trump proved to agree with on the Russert interview.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:05 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:

Rafael instead of Ted

Typical Regurgitation Of Liberal Lies.

Seriously, the fact that you cannot apply logic to statements regarding NY values. I mean, just look at who New Yorkers elect and you can see Cruz' statement is right on.

I guess Ted is running on the name he has been called since birth. Did you have this fixation with Ted Kennedy not running as Edward Kennedy? Did you seek out a conspiracy theory on why Barry Soetero changed his name to Barack Hussein Obama when he got into politics? Are you going to question Hilary about her husband "Bill" and why he didn't use his name when he ran for office. What about Ike Eisenhower or (Thomas) Woodrow Wilson?

Seems like you pick and choose whose names are okay and whose are not. Do you have some kind of bigotry against people who have unusual names?

Old 01-21-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Typical Regurgitation Of Liberal Lies.

Seriously, the fact that you cannot apply logic to statements regarding NY values. I mean, just look at who New Yorkers elect and you can see Cruz' statement is right on.

I guess Ted is running on the name he has been called since birth. Did you have this fixation with Ted Kennedy not running as Edward Kennedy? Did you seek out a conspiracy theory on why Barry Soetero changed his name to Barack Hussein Obama when he got into politics? Are you going to question Hilary about her husband "Bill" and why he didn't use his name when he ran for office. What about Ike Eisenhower or (Thomas) Woodrow Wilson?

Seems like you pick and choose whose names are okay and whose are not. Do you have some kind of bigotry against people who have unusual names?
Ah the name calling. Who said I was a liberal? I bash both sides equally. Hey let me call this guy a liberal, because I don't agree with him but wait I don't know that but I will assume.

I would not assume that you're the blueprint for idiots because I don't know you; although your response gave me all the materials to qualify you as such.

Conspiracy theories? Seems like you might just still have your undies in a bunch that Obama got elected. Maybe I could call you a racist? But I won't, I don't know you.

Lets See: Edward Moore Kennedy. First name Edward , Ted ok for nickname

Since I assume you're part of the birther lunatics. Lets put your Barry Soetero to rest. Read this

No, a college ID does not show Barack Obama was a foreign student at Columbia University | PolitiFact

He stopped using the stepfathers last name at 10 years old and I'm sure at 10 years old he was so much into politics that he forecasted that changing his name to Barrack Hussein would win him the Presidency. Wow pretty good for a 10 yr old kid.

I know it's hard but hey sometimes truth hurts. but you should do your work before spitting the conspiracy talking points.

William Jefferson Clinton. William being first name and in the US Bill is a common nickname for William.

As for Eisenhower, I can't speak when he ran. If he ran under Ike but history remembers Dwight Eisenhower.

Woodrow ran with his full middle name.

What else Jeb is John Ellis Bush = J.E.B another phony who can't run with his last name. Daddy and bro ruined it for him.

But everywhere I see is Ted Cruz not Rafael. What would history say? oh Rafael was such a disaster? Or Ted was? Whatever his name is, he is your typical politician who will tell you what you want to hear. They guy is not stupid, he is book smart but a social phony.

Bigotry is a strong word. Another assumption on your end for me pointing out another phony politician. Wow you're winning the Clueless award of the day.

Sorry man, you have to come up with something else.

Last edited by Asgardian; 01-21-2016 at 11:28 AM..

Old 01-22-2016, 06:36 PM

Cruz snags support of pro-family leader

Former Family Research Council president Gary Bauer endorsed GOP hopeful Ted Cruz Friday, saying the Texas senator embodies traditional family values.

Cruz snags support of pro-family leader | Washington Examiner

Old 01-22-2016, 06:40 PM

Why Ted Cruz is Still Kicking

Conservatives want a true-blooded fighter who can win, and truly remake the landscape of a party torn apart by the disparate priorities of its people and elite. Surviving the early year Trump-kreig is a testament to Cruz’s claim on that title.
Why Ted Cruz is Still Kicking | LifeZette
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections