Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 07:07 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,261,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

Do you really want to go there? Are you going to hold the Trumps to the same standard when it comes the shoes they wear? I doubt they are buying their shoes at Walmarts. Mrs. Trump's clothing allowance alone would probably support a small country.

Mr. Trump isn't spending all of his time condemning the rich "1%'ers" or complaining about "income inequality".

A case can be made that Trump is a braggart and a blowhard, but he ain't a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 07:34 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Mr. Trump isn't spending all of his time condemning the rich "1%'ers" or complaining about "income inequality".

A case can be made that Trump is a braggart and a blowhard, but he ain't a hypocrite.
This may come as a surprise to you but the 1%er spend FAR more than $500 on a pair of shoes. $500 for shoes is on the low end for designer shoes. Heck, I'm just an average middle class person and I've spent $250 on a pair of shoes. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if Hillary wasn't a woman, no one cares how much male candidates spend on their wardrobea. The "hypocrite" argument Republicans are throwing around about "shoegate" is just a smoke screen to bash her about something.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:49 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
I am wondering if the "little woman" now requires protection from the dangerous media? Ropes and all during her little people encounter during her holiday stroll.

Old 07-05-2015, 08:13 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Hilary coverage!

Ms. Clinton staff yesterday used rope barriers in a Clinton event to keep reporters asking questions. Do we really want a Candidate who hides from Her past. It was amazing , Clinton did not even bat a eye. She has been on Fox with Brett Bair once for a very scripted interview.

This is the reason why many Dem's will look at the GOP Ticket once her dubious past is examined in the last 3 months of the General Election.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:22 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Bush IS THE GOP. You cannot say Bush lied without saying the GOP lied. He was your choice and his brother went to the Supreme Court to get him elected. The Supreme Court threaded the needle even writing that their decision could never be used as precedent in the future. If Democrats tried doing any of that, the whole country would have exploded. The lengths the GOP went through to get Bush elected are unbelievable and in the end, he destroyed the economy, lied about Iraq and was so disastrous with Katrina that Castro laughably offered to help. The important thing is he can paint dogs now.

So the GOP spends endless millions for WHITEWATER. They are sure there's something there and they spend his entire time in office investigating WHITEWATER. The GOP justified all the money to investigate WHITEWATER. In the end, all they found was Monica. If the Democrats spent eight years investigating every Republican president, would we have found the same thing? Probably. We'll never know. If the GOP had requested funds to investigate Bill Clinton's sex life, it obviously would not have flown. They used WHITEWATER but there was nothing. Do you get it? The GOP lied, failed to find anything, then changed it to Bill's sex life, which resulted in exposing the sex lives of several GOP members as well. The entire thing was a multi-million dollar farce based on a GOP lie.

This is what the GOP does, make an accusation, create the basis for an investigation, beat the drum for years, and if that fails, just try to find something else. We've been hearing about Benghazi for years. There was no plot but the GOP will say there is and of course - Fox News - will have Hannity there to carry water for them. It's boringly predictable. And the GOP party of "fiscal responsibility" will have no problem with all that wasted money, just like they had no problem with the completely unfunded billions spent on Medicare Part D or the billions that were literally "lost" when billions were delivered to Iraq on pallets.
Apparently it's not as boring as you say or you wouldn't be so apoplectic about it? As it relates to Benghazi, did you not catch the interview from the operatives that were on the ground??? According to them, they could have delivered help but, the Clinton:POTUS regime failed to do so. Let's not forget, it's already been proven she knew it wasn't some a clowns video that triggered when she said to the father of the dead navy seal, "we are going to spare no expense to find the culprit who released that video"....as if. In short, she lied to the decedent's father and knew she was lying when sye said it. No matter, the more compelling info came from those 4 guys who tried to lend support and tried to get some relief flown in...and we're promptly told to stand down. And due to that, a sitting ambassador and three others died. No denying it and those are the facts.

And what does the left do? "let's move on". "why does it matter?". Please. Had a republican done that, you guys would still be getting off round the clock with your media outlets. FOX is the LEAST of your worries. They are one station. Imagine when her lies on Benghazi are brought front and center next year...uh oh....

Old 07-05-2015, 03:06 PM

312 posts, read 268,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Better than anything out there. World savvy, We know and she and Bill are liked worldwide. She knows world leaders and how they think. She is smart and very calculating. She was involved with govt while some of these repub candidates were still kids.

Crooked: NOT! So much taxpayer money wasted trying to bring them down by whining republicans.Even if they were crooks; who do you want dealing with the likes of Putin etc etc. I haven't seen her cowing down to Netanyahu either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgrxB4xiuqc

Watch this. I hope this will reconsider your vote for Hillary.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:08 PM

312 posts, read 268,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If the primaries in California was held today, I'll probably cast my vote for Bernie Sanders. But regardless of who wins the primaries, I'll be voting for a Democrat in the general election. It would take a major incident for me not to cast a vote that way in the general but if something did happen I would vote independent. There's too much at risk to have another Republican in the White House.
Why is there too much risk to have another republican in the white house? Please list examples. It's been 8 years since Bush.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:21 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Hillary has been much mellower since she bumped her head and dropped out of sight for three months. She's kinder and gentler now. Almost glassy-eyed, actually.

Putin, the various Ayatollahs, and Merkel will make brainfudge out of Hill. Her only hope is to coax Maya Angelou out of retirement to write her speeches for her.

Do my cankles still upset you?
Are these beefcake slabs my thighs?
Are you worried 'bout my pantsuits
In the midst of all these guys?
Sorry if my laugh is creepy
And sunglasses hide my eyes,
I've been smoking weed with Chelsea
And despite myself, I rise....

Old 07-05-2015, 09:59 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Had a republican done that, you guys would still be getting off round the clock with your media outlets. FOX is the LEAST of your worries. They are one station. Imagine when her lies on Benghazi are brought front and center next year...uh oh....
A Republican did far worse - Iraq - where thousand of US soldiers died.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
Why is there too much risk to have another republican in the white house? Please list examples. It's been 8 years since Bush.
Republicans = Tea Party
Republicans = Anti-government (ironically they all want government jobs and benefits)
Republicans = Can't separate religion and politics
Republicans = Anti-healthcare (Don't believe me? They have decades to do something while in complete control and never did. They still don't have a plan. They only know how to be anti-healthcare)
Republicans = Had no problem with Medicare Part D which will billions in unfunded spending because they figured they could buy votes from seniors. Actually listing all the hypocritical stories would take too much time.
Republicans = Seem to be fine with immigrants as long as the immigrants are from Europe (ask Trump).
Republicans = Anti-education - pro home-schooling, anti-evolution, anti-science and anti-history unless it paints a pretty picture of American exceptionalism with a heavy dose of the Bible.
Republicans = Kills the economy. When a Democrat is in office, the economy improves, when a Republicans is in office, the economy dies.
Republicans = War obsessed yet also paranoid (see Jade Helm).
Republicans = Misogynistic - look at how they describe a female politician (or any female) versus a male. Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, John McCain, Donald Trump - all older than Hillary. Rick Perry only two years younger, Jeb Bush only five years younger and yet, endless posts about Hillary's age. Sarah Palin was obviously in way over her head, had no clue whatsoever, yet they would actually hand the country over to her because she winks and holds a gun. Now that she's showing her age, they seem to have lost interest.

Last edited by Seacove; 07-05-2015 at 10:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections