Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:05 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,192 times

Advertisements

McCain is very right wing. He has very, very, little in common with Democrats and is not the moderate that the media portrays him to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
They want McCain because he is the SAME as a democrat. The democrats being Hilliary, Obama, and Edwards. So if the media gets McCain, they "know" they are in a good place as it will just be a contest between democrats. Thats exactly why they were pushing Giuliani in the first place. McCain and Giuliani ARE democrats.. its a travesty that they can call themselves Republicans when they have shown to be democrats in policy.
I agree. He is a lib in a rep suit. I dont trust him and will not vote for him.

We are ALLOWED to have our opinions and we are allowed to bring out the fact that he votes along with the dems on many issues.

He is for amnesty and lied to us all in each debate, he is for more liberal ideas then he is for rep.

I want a rep with strong rep values on the isuse I WANT, not someone who will sway to the left on some of the most important issue of today.

We have our choices and for anyone to suggest we should hang together is hogwash. I am not molded into being forced to decide as a group, I have one vote and I will vote the way I see things.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:21 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Doesn't anyone find it a bit odd that the media predicted back in 2004 that the 2008 candidates would be Hillary Clinton and John McCain?

(chuckling) and people don't think they are being sold a product.

70% of Americans want out of Iraq and yet the two (alleged) front runners are the two most pro-war candidates available.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM

485 posts, read 561,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
We have our choices and for anyone to suggest we should hang together is hogwash. I am not molded into being forced to decide as a group, I have one vote and I will vote the way I see things.
By "hang together" I did not mean group-think or vote the same. I respect your rights to vote as your please, of course!

By "hang together" I meant cooperate and compromise when necessary. That is what makes democracy in a republic work. The two parties have gotten so extreme that they hardly talk any more without throwing darts and daggers. That is not compromise. That is not hanging together. That is hanging separately.

Lieberman has been crucified and dumped by the Dems for actually compromising with Republicans. McCain is feeling the same heat from Republicans for compromising and working with the Dems. It is sick, sad, and scary to see the polarization taking place.

If we do not work together, nothing will work. That better?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father John View Post
And Romney said the Pats won the World Series. So what? People who speak a LOT make slips of the tongue. People who make a big deal of occasional faux pas need to spend more time on the issues and quit focusing on the nonsense.
Don't like Romney either he too is a doof. Someone so strong on foreign Policy shouldn't make a mistake like McCain did. We expect it from Bush.

And his policies and issues are exactly what I take issues with. I personally don't want more wars!!!!!! My dad was on the USS Forestall as well, served his country as well, doesn't mean I want him as president. Takes more than that and that is all he talks about.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:06 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Takes more than that and that is all he talks about.
I agree.

While I respect McCain's service to our country, it means nothing in the election unless he runs against a pro war draft dodger, then it should become a big issue. We have hundreds of thousands of fine military veterans in this country who served their country with honor and pride, but that alone is not a qualifier. McCain needs that to be a big sidenote on why he is running, not the front flag like he is flying it right now.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:23 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I agree. He is a lib in a rep suit. I dont trust him and will not vote for him.

We are ALLOWED to have our opinions and we are allowed to bring out the fact that he votes along with the dems on many issues.

He is for amnesty and lied to us all in each debate, he is for more liberal ideas then he is for rep.

I want a rep with strong rep values on the isuse I WANT, not someone who will sway to the left on some of the most important issue of today.

I'm telling you, the Republican PR Machine is humming for McCain because the Republican leadership wants the cheap labor from illegal immigration. McCain says he'll build the fence but that's all he'll do. He'll also see to it that McCain-Kenndy comes to pass to make business happy. They'll smoke and mirror us on other issues but that's the issue the Republican leadership is interested in - you watch. McCain is the liberal media darling because he's Democrat-lite except for Iraq and because he's unpredictable which is good for ratings/entertainment value. He's a showboat along with his hysterical sidekick, Lindsey Graham.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:53 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father John View Post
That is just hogwash. Total fabrication. McCain is to the left of the extreme Republicans, yes, but he is far to the right of the Democrats like Obama and even Hillary. He is from my state (AZ) and I have watched him for years. MUCH more reasonable than anyone left out there.
He also wanted to give amnesty to the illegal aliens. That's Democrat material to me..........Way, way too liberal, exactly why the MSM is loving him. Also is why Fred Thompson was ruined by the MSM before he had a chance. He was actually conservative.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:37 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
McCain is the front runner and this is not disputed by anybody. Even his enemies like Sean Hannity and Limbaugh are starting to conceed that he will likely be the Republican nominee. He will probably win Florida and sweep Super Tuesday and it will be over.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
He also wanted to give amnesty to the illegal aliens. That's Democrat material to me..........Way, way too liberal, exactly why the MSM is loving him. Also is why Fred Thompson was ruined by the MSM before he had a chance. He was actually conservative.
Who do you think HIRES all the illegals? Democrats? Are the Tysons (Tyson Chicken) Democrats? The Waltons (Wal*Mart)? The thousands of other employers that love to hire these folks? Hell no! They are as red as red gets and they are the ones who want access to this pool of labour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections