Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times

Advertisements

The media making McCain a media darling and pushing him as the "likely", "inevitable", and "best choice" for the GOP nomination are missing a few points, purposely of course, because they like the idea of a useless tool running so the Dems can win.

Consider the following:

For the New Hampshire, Michigan, and South Carolina primaries, McCain has received 500,000 fewer votes in 2008 than he did in 2000 when he lost his bid for the nomination.

Maybe I'm crazy, but to me that says 500,000 people who liked McCain enough to go out and vote for him in 2000 have since changed their mind and chose to vote against him. That looks like dwindling voter turnout.

And considering Romney has far more delegates at this point, it is sickening to watch the pro-McCain media push so hard to get him in for the nomination so Hillary or Obama can win. And quiet honestly, if the Republican GOP is dumb enough to nominate McCainl, I would be glad to watch Hillary or Obama kick his a$$ in the general election and hopefully it would teach conservative voters not to vote for another pandering, grandstanding, useless candidate in the primaries again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 10:36 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
I dont get it either. Makes no sense other than the Media trying to decide for us. I am looking more at super Tuesday to see who the front runner is. I cannot believe people vote for this man.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:42 AM

485 posts, read 561,492 times
The media is pushing Her Royal Clinton (HRC), too. That's the race they want.

I agree - Mitt is the front runner and McCain is second right now. But I think anyone can beat Hillary. She is a pathological liar and when she speaks it is like nails on a chalkboard...

Old 01-23-2008, 10:47 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,012 times
The MSM loves McCain. They will do anything and everything to get him selected.
They want to guarantee that the next presidential election is between two liberal democrats.
That way no matter who wins they will have a liberal democrat in the white house.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
The media knows that so many people hear it enough they will believe it.

Today they are now saying he has a sizeable lead? Where?

They are pushing him on every Tv and Radio show more and more. But the king of Radio, Rush ont play that game and it putting out the word to his millions of listeners that this guy is a fraud.

HECK NO TO MCCAIN.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
The media knows that so many people hear it enough they will believe it.

Today they are now saying he has a sizeable lead? Where?

They are pushing him on every Tv and Radio show more and more. But the king of Radio, Rush ont play that game and it putting out the word to his millions of listeners that this guy is a fraud.

HECK NO TO MCCAIN.
Quoting Rush the drug addict law-breaker as an authority on anything? Yikes!

McCain is the only reasonable voice out there in the river of extremism on both sides of the aisle. America is in trouble if we keep building this divide created in the Bush-Gore/Kerry years. The hate has got to stop! The extremism MUST be muted!

As Ben Franklin said, "If we don't hang together, surely we will hang separately."

Old 01-23-2008, 10:58 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Yep McCain was talking to the president of Germany recently, President Putin!!!!!!!! Whata doof!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:59 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
They want McCain because he is the SAME as a democrat. The democrats being Hilliary, Obama, and Edwards. So if the media gets McCain, they "know" they are in a good place as it will just be a contest between democrats. Thats exactly why they were pushing Giuliani in the first place. McCain and Giuliani ARE democrats.. its a travesty that they can call themselves Republicans when they have shown to be democrats in policy.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
They want McCain because he is the SAME as a democrat. The democrats being Hilliary, Obama, and Edwards. So if the media gets McCain, they "know" they are in a good place as it will just be a contest between democrats. Thats exactly why they were pushing Giuliani in the first place. McCain and Giuliani ARE democrats.. its a travesty that they can call themselves Republicans when they have shown to be democrats in policy.
That is just hogwash. Total fabrication. McCain is to the left of the extreme Republicans, yes, but he is far to the right of the Democrats like Obama and even Hillary. He is from my state (AZ) and I have watched him for years. MUCH more reasonable than anyone left out there.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yep McCain was talking to the president of Germany recently, President Putin!!!!!!!! Whata doof!!!!!!!
And Romney said the Pats won the World Series. So what? People who speak a LOT make slips of the tongue. People who make a big deal of occasional faux pas need to spend more time on the issues and quit focusing on the nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections