Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 11:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah but the media treats all Republicans this way. The difference between most other Republicans and him, is that he doesn't take their crap and sets them straight, while the other Republicans try desperately to temper their message so as to be both acceptable and apologetic to the Libs who run the media.

Trump just says what he means and he isn't letting anyone push him around or make him feel bad about what he believes.
Your correct. See what happens when someone actually does have a set of you know.

The rest are a bunch of pussys, yes I said it, and do not take it back. Trump is hitting a nerve, a cord, and this is good, the rest need to get off the butt's and take a lesson.

The media is not use of someone not backing down, from the message that he wants out. I knew people who did not like him, literally, that are paying attention to him right now, which astonishes me, because they did not like him. But they also told me, that they never listened to him either.

I knew someone years ago, who was plowed into on his motorcycle by a drunken illegal who stole a car, and left our friend to die. He is in bad shape to this day with a plate in almost every part of his poor damaged body. We were told, these crimes with illegals happen more then we want to know, but they shut them up. As if we are all stupid. What do you think he thinks of Trump, he is happy as hell, that someone actually gets it.

And he is ahead in the ratings, don't ever say never, we have someone in office right now, lets leave it at that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 12:49 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
I think the Establishment doesn't like him because they lost their spines a long time ago and Trump is showing them how it's done.

The GOP would do well to stop treating Trump as if he's a joke, or just some temporary problem that needs to be dealt with. The more traction Trump gets with the base, the more of a disservice that attitude by the Establishment will be to their overall brand.

He's obviously striking a cord with the voting base, and getting high marks in recent polls, so that alone should be enough to earn him the respect of treating him like a real candidate.

I'd rather the GOP candidate be a mad bulldog and lose the election with their principles in tact, than win by caving and pretending that they have to kowtow to the Liberal media.
The pundits are calling Trump names because they think Bush will be the nominee.. it is not doing much good.. Trump is appealing TO THE PEOPLE!

We Americans are tired of being pushed around by both parties.. the rich want cheap labor and the heck with the middle class.. we pay most of the taxes to take care of all the freebees going to the children of illegals born here and there are millions here.. we will not be able to take care of the American poor and more Americans will become poor and they don't care! They think they are untouchable because they are rich.

Our government is taxing what we can't afford, more illegals draining the system.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Wild horses won't keep Trump out of the debates. He will disclose on time.

Thus far, Bush ( 33 years) Carson, Fiorina and Rubio have disclosed. Did I miss anyone?

Cruz and Rand Paul requested extensions but will do what they need to do to be a part of the debate.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Is Hillary even running at this point?

She got some media attention back when she announced but since then, nothing.

Just all part of her attitude that she thinks she's just going to inherit the throne with no effort.

I sincerely hope America gives her a wake up call.
I am not a Hillary fan. Having said this, if I were in her shoes, I would lie low, too. The competition at this point is for party nomination.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:11 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Wild horses won't keep Trump out of the debates. He will disclose on time.

Thus far, Bush ( 33 years) Carson, Fiorina and Rubio have disclosed. Did I miss anyone?

Cruz and Rand Paul requested extensions but will do what they need to do to be a part of the debate.
When did Bush disclose? As of yesterday the Washington post was reporting that only Ben Carson and Marco Rubio had disclosed. I don't think they view Fiona as a viable candidate due to her low poll numbers.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:19 PM

Lindsey Gram is none too please with Fox News.

He comes off a tad naive when he suggests it's all about the money.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/republ...175813117.html

Old 07-10-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
When did Bush disclose? As of yesterday the Washington post was reporting that only Ben Carson and Marco Rubio had disclosed. I don't think they view Fiona as a viable candidate due to her low poll numbers.
He posted 33 years of returns to his web site. The official disclosure will not reveal more.
https://jeb2016.com/?lang=en

Old 07-10-2015, 01:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
True true and true. The GOP is a joke, because people I know who would never have given Trump a chance, are surely now listening to him. Clients, friends, and family which there is a lot of.

Most democrats and republicans lost their spines and have never gained it back.

Trump is striking a cord with people, and for one thing, whether you like him or not, have to respect his blunt honesty, in the wake of a unfair media.

Someone who is not afraid to stick by his principles regardless what the media has to print about him.

Rather blunt honesty, then deceit and lies of this administration and Killary!
I think most of us like his honesty,but I would be more impressed if he would use a little discretion when he speaks. It isn't always what we say, but how we say it that matters.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:31 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He posted 33 years of returns to his web site. The official disclosure will not reveal more.
https://jeb2016.com/?lang=en
Does his posting to his website meet foxes standards? As of yesterday the washington post was claiming he did not meet their standard and has until Wednesday.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Except, when Ron Paul did, he was laughed at and banned to attend any GOP debates. Anyone debates he was allowed to be in, his time was very limited.
What? I saw him on a number of debates,both is 2008 and 2012. I don't remember his being banned from many if any GOP debates. He may have been lacking the % of support one needs to take part, but that certainly wasn't all or near all the debates. The first I ever heard of him was in a couple of 2008 debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections