Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:18 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
First he wasn't referencing undocumented immigrants. He said Mexico isn't sending their best. He was directly speaking about Mexican immigrants in general

But the distinction you pretend he was making doesn't matter.

Saying illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists and criminals is still racist.
Trump was referencing illegal immigrants from the start. Again he likes Mexico and the people but has no tolerance for the illegals crossing the border. Not sending your best is not equivalent to being a racist at all, not sure your thought process on that one. I mean if my kids bring home friends I don't like 90% of the time because of whatever reason and I tell my kids that they aren't bringing home the "best" does that make me a racist against children? All it means are that there are better ones out there but the majority of the time the wrong ones keep coming over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 10:20 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Trump was referencing illegal immigrants from the start. Again he likes Mexico and the people but has no tolerance for the illegals crossing the border. Not sending your best is not equivalent to being a racist at all, not sure your thought process on that one. I mean if my kids bring home friends I don't like 90% of the time because of whatever reason and I tell my kids that they aren't bringing home the "best" does that make me a racist against children? All it means are that there are better ones out there but the majority of the time the wrong ones keep coming over.
No he wasn't. I don't care what you think trump feels about Mexicans. His words are racist and only appeals to racists.

Your rationalizations of the meaning of his racist words are inadequate, meaning they arent up to the task.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
The few good answers Trump gave will always be over shadowed by him down right disrespecting the reporter, dodging the questions he was uncomfortable with answering, and babbling on the remainder of the questions.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:27 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The few good answers Trump gave will always be over shadowed by him down right disrespecting the reporter, dodging the questions he was uncomfortable with answering, and babbling on the remainder of the questions.
Regular politicians do only the latter two and not the first, which is the most entertaining.

Mick

Old 07-09-2015, 10:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
He truly is the gift that keeps on giving. I hope he never stops talking.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:33 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
You didn't hear what he said, but go ahead. I know the specifics don't matter, it's the racism that so many love.

They are thinking" hey Trump is against those Mexicans and thinks they are rapists and criminals just like I do. "

I just wish more Americans were paying close attention to what conservatives believe.
Start with yourself. Actually listen and study what conservatives believe, not what you are told they believe or have decided they believe. BTW, you should consider not stating what others believe when you actually don't know what they believe, but have all by your self decided what they believe (usually incorrectly).

Old 07-09-2015, 10:36 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Trump's got no taste.

But, I guess success does not account for taste.
Not a dime's worth difference between him and Julie Annie.

Coupla loud mouth'd New Yorkers.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Standing up to the media is about the only thing to like about him at this point. The fact is, this guy has been ALL OVER the map in the past 15 years. Most of what he has said he is for in the past, is not Conservative. He even praised and gave money to Hillary (which funny enough, she wont give back). I can't tell if he is in this to screw over the GOP or what. The bottom line is, people on the right who are so giddy that he's standing up against illegal immigration need to get back down to earth. He is NOT Conservative. He's been more a Progressive than anything. Get off the Trump bandwagon and fast.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:54 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Donald Trump is a racist, jerk, and a braggart.
Ever notice when one KNOWS they are on the loosing side, they ALWAYS stoop to name calling?
How petty and childish., and Stewart is no different.
Mr.Trump should just ignore crap like this , and not feed their ego.

Bob.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Start with yourself. Actually listen and study what conservatives believe, not what you are told they believe or have decided they believe. BTW, you should consider not stating what others believe when you actually don't know what they believe, but have all by your self decided what they believe (usually incorrectly).
I do listen to what conservatives believe coming out of the mouths and writing of conservatives.

I am not stating what others believe. What Donald Trump said was racist. If conservatives are the main ones supporting his words then, it's valid to say they love the racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections