Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 09:21 AM

8,428 posts, read 7,438,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Trump
Sanders
An exponentially growing backlash among the citizenry against illegals.

The article you cited WAS spot on when it was going to be Bush vs. Clinton, the article WAS spot on when there was to be only 2 major candidates on the ballot, a situation I no longer expect to occur.
Sorry, but could expand on this?

Which states will flip from blue to red if Donald Trump is the Republican nominee?

Which states will flip from red to blue if Bernie Sanders is the Democratic nominee?

And where is the exponentially growing backlash against illegals? All I see is Donald Trump firing up that particular section of the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 11:31 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,656,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This only applies if we get a race of two political dynasties & career politicians.

Anything else and all bets are off.
When you make a statement like that, you should at least do us the courtesy of explaining why?
Absolute and declarative statements like yours don't teach us a whole lot.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:40 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
And where is the exponentially growing backlash against illegals? All I see is Donald Trump firing up that particular section of the Republican Party.
I'm willing to bet the 24 million who tuned in to seem him in the Fox debate were not all Republican. This turned out to be a major TV event that cut across all demographics. This never happens with people worked up over a single issue.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:43 AM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
I'm willing to bet the 24 million who tuned in to seem him in the Fox debate were not all Republican. This turned out to be a major TV event that cut across all demographics. This never happens with people worked up over a single issue.
Plenty of people watched for the pure entertainment aspect of it, not because they actually support Trump.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:44 AM

325 posts, read 256,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
When you make a statement like that, you should at least do us the courtesy of explaining why?
Absolute and declarative statements like yours don't teach us a whole lot.
Declarative statements are big on AM radio. I wouldn't expect much data (much less well-interpreted data) behind it.

Bottom line, the Democrats have a near-lock on electoral politics, and the more angry trailer-park people are against brown people, the less well the GOP will do in any swing state. It actually is that simple.

I'll say it again, Trump supporters should avidly teach their kids Spanish, because that is the labor pool they will work with in 15 years. Yes, plenty of "well-interpreted data" exists on that one.......

Old 08-16-2015, 11:45 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,782,621 times
Quote:
I think it is a mistake to assume that all of those 24 million viewers tuned in because they were seriously considering Trump as president.

And I'm sure you're right that plenty of non-Rs tuned in.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:59 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,118,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac_5 View Post
Declarative statements are big on AM radio. I wouldn't expect much data (much less well-interpreted data) behind it.

Bottom line, the Democrats have a near-lock on electoral politics, and the more angry trailer-park people are against brown people, the less well the GOP will do in any swing state. It actually is that simple.

I'll say it again, Trump supporters should avidly teach their kids Spanish, because that is the labor pool they will work with in 15 years. Yes, plenty of "well-interpreted data" exists on that one.......
I couldent have said it better

We need to evolve, period. Yes, I know change is hard but we need to change. We need to move beyond angry old White people in the Deep South and flyover country. We need to ditch the bible thumpers, the bigots, the nativists, the conspiracy theorists, and the militia wackos. We need to build a 21st century Republican Party that is competitive everywhere with every racial group, ethnic group, people of all ages, and both genders.

We need to stop being the rock in a river hopelessly standing against the oncoming current ... instead we should seek to be the current, the force of true change.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Plenty of people watched for the pure entertainment aspect of it, not because they actually support Trump.
Did you take a survey to determine this. Or is it just opinion?

If it is just opinion, then you can just say you don't think Trump will win. No need to make things up.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac_5 View Post
Yet in the last 60 years, there have been no more Democrats elected to office than Republicans. Where Democrats face increasing difficulty, is in electoral vote shifts from the rust belt and NE to the Sunbelt.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:09 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
Did you take a survey to determine this. Or is it just opinion?

If it is just opinion, then you can just say you don't think Trump will win. No need to make things up.
Did I take a Scientific survey?? No. Did I watch the debate? Yes. Will I vote for Trump? no. Have I talked to others in the same boat? Yes

Bottom line is there has been nothing to indicate the strong debate ratings will help Trump in a General Election. In all the polls he leads in among Primary voters, he also trails in a General Election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections