Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2015, 12:15 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,026,167 times

Advertisements

Obama is a two term president who is openly contemptuous of the American military and refused to place his hand on his heart during the National Anthem and his wife mocked the flag.

I don't think this gratuitous shot at McCain will mean much of anything.

I have the utmost respect for McCain's service, but I'm tired of him trying to speak for the GOP. He had his shot and fumbled badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 12:30 PM

1,733 posts, read 950,148 times
From Trump's FB page:

I am not a fan John McCain because he has done so little for our Veterans and he should know better than anybody what the Veterans need, especially in regards to the VA. He is yet another all talk, no action politician who spends too much time on television and not enough time doing his job and helping the Vets. He is also allowing our military to decrease substantially in size and strength, something which should never be allowed to happen.
Furthermore, he was extremely disrespectful to the thousands upon thousands of people, many of whom happen to be his constituents, that came to listen to me speak about illegal immigration in Phoenix last week by calling them "crazies".
These were not "crazies"---these were great American citizens.
I have great respect for all those who serve in our military including those that weren't captured and are also heroes.
I want to strengthen our military and take care of our Veterans. I want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN especially for those that serve to protect our freedom. I am fighting for our Veterans!

Old 07-18-2015, 12:32 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,657,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Cleland wasn't injured in combat. He tried to pick up a grenade without a pin in it.
Uh huh.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:33 PM

34,077 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Disgusting. He wants to be Commander in Chief the armed forces but has no respect for a war veteran, and former POW. I don't want Trump anywhere near our military.
He won't be. Thank God. Even for this classless buffoon, the comment was shocking.

He owes every veteran an apology..on his knees.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:41 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,305,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
In Trump's defense belittling a veteran's war record has a long, disgusting history in the GOP. Remember Max Cleland?
Yep. Max Cleland who lost, 3 (?) limbs in combat called soft on terrorism (with pics of Max followed by Osama Bin Laden) in an attack ad in support of Saxby Chambliss, who never served in the military; (Ol' Sax got out of the draft due to a football injury). One of the truly most disgusting ads of all time.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:46 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,563,397 times
Nobody likes McCain.

Trump's on point again!!

Old 07-18-2015, 12:51 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
From Trump's FB page:

I am not a fan John McCain because he has done so little for our Veterans and he should know better than anybody what the Veterans need, especially in regards to the VA. He is yet another all talk, no action politician who spends too much time on television and not enough time doing his job and helping the Vets. He is also allowing our military to decrease substantially in size and strength, something which should never be allowed to happen.
Furthermore, he was extremely disrespectful to the thousands upon thousands of people, many of whom happen to be his constituents, that came to listen to me speak about illegal immigration in Phoenix last week by calling them "crazies".
These were not "crazies"---these were great American citizens.
I have great respect for all those who serve in our military including those that weren't captured and are also heroes.
I want to strengthen our military and take care of our Veterans. I want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN especially for those that serve to protect our freedom. I am fighting for our Veterans!
The OP completely distorted what he actually said if your quote is correct. Thread fail.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:55 PM

34,077 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Fom the OP's link:

"Trump received four student deferments from military service between 1964 and 1968."

Easy for Trump to diss a vet, having dodged the draft himself. (I do not think student deferments should have EVER existed. Go to college LATER!)

Old 07-18-2015, 01:02 PM

46,981 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The OP completely distorted what he actually said if your quote is correct. Thread fail.
That right there is just the witless ape attempting spin control. It's like watching a dog trying to do quadratic equations.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:05 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
"He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Jeez, I can't believe he'd say that out loud much less think it!. Whatever else you think about McCain, you can't discount his military record like that. He earned the right to be called a hero, if for no other reason that he survived a brutal prisoner of war camp for so many years. Capture is a possibility of any person in the serve, through no fault of their own.

What is Trump's military history? Does he even have one or did his daddy buy him out of going in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections