Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:15 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

Eric Ericson from RedState and talk radio says Donald Trumps rise is because he fights, something the Do-Nothing (my choice of words) Republicans in the House and Senate don't do. A current Pew poll has shown positive views of the GOP among Republicans have gone down 18 percentage points since January, when they took over, from 86% to 68%.

He lists these things the Republicans have done since January:

"•They’ve refused to pass a late-term abortion bill in the House because a handful of members objected.
•They gave Barack Obama a blank check to raise the debt limit.
•They punted on Obamacare fights.
•They’ve refused to defund Planned Parenthood.
•They’ve taken retaliatory actions against conservative members who’ve stood up for Republican Party principles.
•They’ve worked to fund the Export-Import Bank.
•They have refused to stop Barack Obama’s ongoing assault against the free market.
•They have passed the buck to courts to stop Obama on immigration, etc."

You can read the whole article here where he says insiders and political operatives are "getting their butts kicked" by a non-traditional candidate and he gives advice to the other candidates, something I don't really agree with since a number of GOP candidates are part of the problem (like who voted for these party leaders, for one) and would come off hypocritical:

Republican Leadership Failures Caused Donald Trump's Rise - Erick on the Radio

But CD Trump supporters, right now, are you more angry with the Republicans on Capitol Hill or Obama and his ilk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 07:37 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
I'm not mad at either party....
They're good at what they do-
Convince the masses that they're seperate entities....
They keep the brainwashed zombies squabbling as if there's something to fight about.

Ron Paul was the only candidate that went against the grain....
He totally stood for something & refused to play the game.

If Trump is different, & distinguishes himself from the b.s. of both parties-
I'm all for him.

One thing I know for a fact though-
Each new president does more damage to this country than the last one.
I never thought it was possible to do worse than Bush......
Obummer set a new record for all time worst.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:55 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Trump is not another Ron Paul Not even close
Trump is not another Reagan, Please, not even close.

I still support Trump, because I believe he would do two things

1. take care of the veterans
2. secure the border.

I don't trust any Republicans at this point.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:19 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Convince the masses that they're seperate entities....
They keep the brainwashed zombies squabbling as if there's something to fight about.

Ron Paul was the only candidate that went against the grain....
He totally stood for something & refused to play the game.

If Trump is different, & distinguishes himself from the b.s. of both parties-
I'm all for him.

One thing I know for a fact though-
Each new president does more damage to this country than the last one.
I never thought it was possible to do worse than Bush......
Obummer set a new record for all time worst.
I'll give this opinion a second.

Only thing I would add is foolishness by the RNC to support all the candidates equally. With so many in the race it is a dog fight and should be. A campaign is a battle and the opportunity to see how candidates respond to different situations so voters can form an opinion. Both parties seem to have some fantasy ideas that there should be rules imposed to control opinion. Politics is a dirty business and they want only the ones they put through their dishwasher. WOW !!! See how this one has the sparkling teeth and his fingernail are manicured too. They would be better off entering Trump's beauty pageant.

Thanks OP for the excellent link BTW. I read it after I offered my opinion. Now I have even more ammo.

Last edited by phma; 07-24-2015 at 08:38 AM..

Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Trump is not another Ron Paul Not even close
Trump is not another Reagan, Please, not even close.

2. secure the border.

I don't trust any Republicans at this point.
What in the world makes you think he would take care of veterans? He wouldn't do anything substantially different than any other president. He also won't be able to secure the border. I doubt he'd even really try, but if he did, it would be an impossible task. The only way to truly stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers who hire undocumented workers. No one, not even Trump, is going to do that.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:32 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,303,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Convince the masses that they're separate entities....
Agreed. The monster has two heads, but the body is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

2. secure the border.

Of all the candidates so far, he's the one who hints at the most comprehensive set of policies. If actually elected, I agree that the above two are the most likely to actually get implemented, whereas both the RINOs and DINOs (collectively the DRINOs) would fight him tooth and nail against a program to optimize the economy on US soil, and they would probably win.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:32 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Eric Ericson from RedState and talk radio says Donald Trumps rise is because he fights, something the Do-Nothing (my choice of words) Republicans in the House and Senate don't do. A current Pew poll has shown positive views of the GOP among Republicans have gone down 18 percentage points since January, when they took over, from 86% to 68%.

He lists these things the Republicans have done since January:

"•They’ve refused to pass a late-term abortion bill in the House because a handful of members objected.
•They gave Barack Obama a blank check to raise the debt limit.
•They punted on Obamacare fights.
•They’ve refused to defund Planned Parenthood.
•They’ve taken retaliatory actions against conservative members who’ve stood up for Republican Party principles.
•They’ve worked to fund the Export-Import Bank.
•They have refused to stop Barack Obama’s ongoing assault against the free market.
•They have passed the buck to courts to stop Obama on immigration, etc."

You can read the whole article here where he says insiders and political operatives are "getting their butts kicked" by a non-traditional candidate and he gives advice to the other candidates, something I don't really agree with since a number of GOP candidates are part of the problem (like who voted for these party leaders, for one) and would come off hypocritical:

Republican Leadership Failures Caused Donald Trump's Rise - Erick on the Radio

But CD Trump supporters, right now, are you more angry with the Republicans on Capitol Hill or Obama and his ilk?

Example: It's these Uppity, pious, elitist types who try to control, to dictate GOP policy, such as this Arrogant Sean Hannity and those 'Know-it-all' bogus so-called experts, as Frank Luntz...and the rest of those losers, who think they are ABOVE 'We The People' who are Conservatives.

Last night, when this lil butterball, self-appointed Czar of GOP, RNC, Frank Luntz, argued with a Trump Representative (don't remember his name) ...Luntz practically attempted to demand that Donald Trump would Guarantee that if Trump does not win the GOP nomination, Trump will not run as 3rd Party Candidate.

Luntz told the Trump guy that ''Donald's 'Combative Tone'' has been detrimental, etc.

That ignorant comment by Fatty Luntz incensed me and TON'S more Trump Supporters, but it clearly reveals these DUMB, Educated Creeps like Frank Luntz, Are the worse part of the GOP Party. Bogus experts as Luntz, Hannity and Party types....Clearly, don't HAVE A CLUE.

Donald Trump's so-called ''Combative Tone'' is exactly what got him far out front of the rest of the Politically Correct Bozo's in the large GOP Field

In summary, I think most of us Conservatives are Madder at the Republicans, PERIOD !!

Last edited by MMM05; 07-24-2015 at 08:48 AM..

Old 07-24-2015, 08:34 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,456,814 times
They're just angry/crazy/delusional.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:45 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,939 times
The Republicans have been a huge disappointment. They proved to be worthless when they took over the power and did absolutely nothing with it.

At least I can respect the Democrats because they don't try to hide the fact they are a corrupt bunch of liars. We clearly have a one-party system now.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The Republicans have been a huge disappointment. They proved to be worthless when they took over the power and did absolutely nothing with it.

At least I can respect the Democrats because they don't try to hide the fact they are a corrupt bunch of liars. We clearly have a one-party system now.
Agreed. And that Sad fact is proven at the polls, every election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections