Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 07:12 PM

325 posts, read 255,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFarrell View Post
Are you not aware of the symbolic meaning of 'pork' to iSLAMIC ISIS?

Don't you think that internet-savey ISIS will see this video ?

Do you recall, back in the 70's, that Reagan was so feared by the Iranians before he was President, that they released the American Hostages the day Reagan was sworn into office?

Cruz wasn't sending any message to gun enthusiasts. otherwise the gun he used would have been a machine gun.
He was sending a message to ISIS to show them who they will be dealing with if he is elected President.
And to voters who can handle his subtle message.
Yes. I understand the Islamic dietary prohibition on Pork. And I understand fast moving metal can hurt people. And I understand that symbolically combining the two would be like combining a kick-in-the-groin with modern country music - doubly painful to the sensibilities, yet comically nonthreatening.

It was about as "clever" and subtle as a backyard wrestling video - an odd sop to reactionary GOP voters by taking a comically inert pot-shot at Islamic fighters. Ted Cruz will never be President, and the only cause he is helping is the one where people see him and the residents of Texas who voted him into office as unsophisticated rubes and morons.

And yes, I understand the bad Reagan analogy. He was so firm with the Iranians that he even sold them arms........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 05:04 PM

209 posts, read 134,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac_5 View Post
Yes. I understand the Islamic dietary prohibition on Pork. And I understand fast moving metal can hurt people. And I understand that symbolically combining the two would be like combining a kick-in-the-groin with modern country music - doubly painful to the sensibilities, yet comically nonthreatening.

It was about as "clever" and subtle as a backyard wrestling video - an odd sop to reactionary GOP voters by taking a comically inert pot-shot at Islamic fighters. Ted Cruz will never be President, and the only cause he is helping is the one where people see him and the residents of Texas who voted him into office as unsophisticated rubes and morons.

And yes, I understand the bad Reagan analogy. He was so firm with the Iranians that he even sold them arms........

'I understand the Islamic dietary prohibition on Pork.'

It is much more than a dietary concern (This isn't Judaism) Within Islam, 'pork' is spiritually filthy and will interfere with one's spiritual eternity.
Thus, the double horror of being killed by bullets that have passed through a bacon-wrapped gun barrel.

'It was about as "clever" and subtle as a backyard wrestling video.'

'Clever' because it would be noticed by ISIS, due to their adversion to pork.
'Subtle' to America voters who don't understand what Cruz is doing. (as proven by this thread)

'the bad Reagan analogy'
Whatever you want to label Cruz reaching back into history for a strategy to fight ISIS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections