Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 01:23 PM

931 posts, read 805,328 times

Advertisements

One things for sure, after seeing this video, I like Trump even more.

Note how Trump has a very reasonable and straightforward solutions to the issues America has. This guy needs to be president people!

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzB_GWWJBAE

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8TlzImQc0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 09:03 PM

518 posts, read 828,002 times

Old 08-14-2015, 11:57 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,110,654 times
It looks like Bernie Sanders Vs Donald Trump.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:30 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It looks like Bernie Sanders Vs Donald Trump.
Trumps prediction is Trump vs Biden. He said any day now that Clintons campaign will unravel.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:44 AM

5,194 posts, read 5,021,733 times
Educated and responsible americans should learn to be analytical and go non-partisan when voting. Forget about limiting yourself to either liberal or conservative values; instead one should look for which candidate will bring positive changes to this country that will sustain the international status and QOL of most americans in the long run. While Trump has a GOP background, I see more leadership qualities in him than being another GOP representative and believe that he is more capable and better suited to lead the country in cutting its national debt and strengthening its international status than any other running candidates so far. I agree with the idea that all americans should be taken care of with basic living needs met. In the danger of a national collapse on a climbing debt, it is just unreasonable and unrealistic to hold on to that ideology. Let's whoever wins the next election, the new leadership will do their job and help americans continue to live up their american dreams.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:29 AM

593 posts, read 473,213 times
I watched those videos, and I can't help but like Donald Trump. I don't agree with him on everything--he is actually fairly middle of the road politically. But he might just be what the country needs after 8 years of stagnation under the policies of Obama and his fellow travellers such as Hillary, de Blasio, Harlem Resident, Kefir King, and their ilk. I like his ideas of getting illegal immigration under control, getting the federal budget under control, reversing the economic decline/stagnation through job creation, driving tougher bargains with our trading partners, and simplifying the tax code.

It is also refreshing to hear a straight talker who doesn't have time for political correctness. He might be able to break the Democrats' stranglehold on millennials, women, African Americans, and Hispanics, who are tired of being fed a pack of lies. Most people do not want all this government intervention into the economy, taking money out of people's paychecks and giving welfare to people who waste their lives. They want a growing economy with good jobs and career opportunities, which will allow them to be self supporting and have self esteem. I think that Donald Trump can really leverage this issue to gain a higher percentage of the African American vote, as crazy as that might sound. A lot of African Americans have suffered under Obama's economic policies and might be open to alternative ideas.

If I were a Democrat, I'd be quaking in my boots right now.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:12 AM

25,426 posts, read 37,214,868 times
Quote:

instead one should look for which candidate will bring positive changes
to this country
But how can you choose when they run on aphorisms (Hope and Change) or indeed nothing at all or worse class specific palaver like "tax cuts" "enhanced military capability."

If they ran on specifics you could choose by person but now it is only conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat, that conveys any real differences.

At least Trump lays it out. Instead of "immigration Reform (whatever that means) he calls for "No more Mexicans" and that is a REAL something one can either support or not. "Deport all illegals" has real meaning. No shilly-shallying, everyone understands him.

The reason that other candidates are painting him as a joke is they are hoping he goes away before they are forced to say something SUBSTANTIVE, besides "we love fetuses" and "we hate Obama."

Old 08-15-2015, 09:41 AM

5,194 posts, read 5,021,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
But how can you choose when they run on aphorisms (Hope and Change) or indeed nothing at all or worse class specific palaver like "tax cuts" "enhanced military capability."

If they ran on specifics you could choose by person but now it is only conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat, that conveys any real differences.

At least Trump lays it out. Instead of "immigration Reform (whatever that means) he calls for "No more Mexicans" and that is a REAL something one can either support or not. "Deport all illegals" has real meaning. No shilly-shallying, everyone understands him.

The reason that other candidates are painting him as a joke is they are hoping he goes away before they are forced to say something SUBSTANTIVE, besides "we love fetuses" and "we hate Obama."

Exactly. I feel that trump, regardless of winning it or not, has pioneered a new campaigning style that will have far and deep impact on the US political ecosystem in the near future. His straight-to-the-point remarks and stunning honesty in expressing himself earn him credibity and respect.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:04 AM

931 posts, read 805,328 times
It's important to note that Donald Trump is able to be real and nip issues in the bud because he DOES NOT have to answer to any special interest group, donors or lobbyist. Trump DOES NOT owe favors to anyone. That's the beauty of it all and the way it should be in all honesty.

He is self funding his own campaign and putting his money where his mouth is. And keep in mind, Trump doesn't have to run for president. There is no monetary gain for Trump being president, he already has all the money in the world.

He's doing it because he genuinely wants to make America great again. Trump said he earns $400 million a year and is ready to spend all of it on his campaign as long as he's winning. As I said, he puts his money where his mouth is.

Trump also takes a common sense approach to things that other politicians are too dumb to figure out or because they have their donors, lobbyist or special interest groups looking over the politician's shoulder.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:15 AM

39,128 posts, read 51,396,292 times
"Simplify our code" is not a specific. Everyone wants to "simplify our code". It's the details that matter. Who wins, who loses. Trump may be outlining issues but he has yet to say anything specific about how he might deal with that - or more importantly, how he would get a fractured, gerrymandered, ideologically driven congress to agree with him on anything. Presidents don't have much power in our system. That lies in Congress and Congress is not about to start doing anything for the good of the country. They no longer work for us and Trump is not going to change that. None of them are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections