Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times

Advertisements

I'll be writing in Dr. Paul's name regardless of who the big-box candidates are. Every one of the rest are Big Government, NWO shills who will drive this country to it's knees.

America, what will become of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,104 times
I don't have a second choice; this is a deciding election that will decide the future course of our nation.

Do we choose a big government leader (all the candidates except Paul; and don't get me started about the democrats) that will lead our country further down the path of a centralized corrupt government hell-bent on making the rest of the world bow to our demands (while ignoring the fact that our super power status is on the decline, inflation is rampant and our economy is being bought by foreign governments and companies) OR do we choose to remain true to the fundamental principles that this country was founded on and enabled us to succeed as a nation; limited government, states rights; small taxes so the people are free to decide how to live their lives...and above all...self-sufficiency and the rights of the individual!

I will write in Ron Paul in November because I AM a conservative, I AM a Republican, I LOVE this country and want it to remain a strong and free nation for my children.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,876 times
If I was forced to, Romney.
Never vote Dem or McCain.
Won't vote for Huckabee because he is too religious and I am not.

I woke up this morning with the urge to shout RON PAUL.
I wish I could make it out to the debate tonight.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:57 AM

223 posts, read 604,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
My second choice Republican candidate would be Romney. Giuliani and McCain are liberals in Republican clothing. Huckabee...is a religious Southern hick, what more is there to say!?

If Romney isn't an option, I sure hope Obama is.
So you would rather go with the guy that believes that some racist in 19th century Utah who found some seeing stones and was able to speak directly to God is the second coming, than some liberals in republican's clothing or a "religious southern hick?"

I'm just sayin...such choices you republicans have.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:00 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
So you would rather go with the guy that believes that some racist in 19th century Utah who found some seeing stones and was able to speak directly to God is the second coming, than some liberals in republican's clothing or a "religious southern hick?"

I'm just sayin...such choices you republicans have.
Religion has nothing to do with this.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
My second choice was Fred Thompson, now it's Mitt Romney in a very distant second. If McCain or Huckabee gets the bid I'll vote for the Libertarian candidate.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,830 times
IMO:

1. Paul (oh well)
2. Thompson (oh well)
3. Romney
4. Obama
5. Guiliani
6. McCain
7. Edwards
8. Clinton
9. Huckabee

Old 01-30-2008, 01:51 PM

223 posts, read 604,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Religion has nothing to do with this.
Oh, I beg to differ. A person's religious beliefs say a whole lot about his/her level of intelligence.

Are you telling me you would be for Romney if he believed that God was a two headed goat that he kept in his backyard? You wouldn't question his mental soundness then?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Oh, I beg to differ. A person's religious beliefs say a whole lot about his/her level of intelligence.

Are you telling me you would be for Romney if he believed that God was a two headed goat that he kept in his backyard? You wouldn't question his mental soundness then?
Nothing like irrationality. The fact is he doesn't worship a two headed goat.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:27 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,876 times

so....I registered to be precint leader today...yea late, but I'm willing to try.
I have a list of several blocks near me. I will be knocking on doors from those on the list who are pro-gun and anti-tax and chatting with them on Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections