Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 09:32 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times

Advertisements

Let's clear something up - the stadium might be used for high school games at times, however it is also the University of South Alabama stadium.

Welcome to Ladd Peebles Stadium

I was pleased to see Senator Sessions (R-AL) welcome Trump to Mobile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 09:33 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
What is the time stamp on that photo?

Old 08-23-2015, 09:42 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Let's clear something up - the stadium might be used for high school games at times, however it is also the University of South Alabama stadium.

Whatever other events occur in the facility, it holds 43,000 people. So, conclusions can be drawn about how many were actually there.

Trump is a long-standing liberal and has proposed mostly liberal policies but he and Sessions share a common vision for a radicalized immigrant policy (even though Alabama's attempts at a similar policy proved to be disastrous). Trump doesn't talk about the costs and extra taxes required to implement his plan. Hopefully that is forthcoming.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:

South Alabama has only had a football team for like 5 years. Ladd was built in 1948.

For all intensive purposes, its a high school stadium that South just happens to occupy.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What is the time stamp on that photo?
no clue, but if it helps, sunset is 7:24 PM (Central).

Old 08-23-2015, 10:42 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
dsjj251 = "For all intensive purposes"

Note that the phrase is 'for all intents and purposes'.

Trump has a good chance of winning in Alabama, especially if Senator Sessions endorses him. There's speculation that Sessions could be our next US Attorney General.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:

Note that the phrase is 'for all intents and purposes'.

Trump has a good chance of winning in Alabama, especially if Senator Sessions endorses him. There's speculation that Sessions could be our next US Attorney General.
doesnt really matter. point is, it was a high school stadium 50 years before South Alabama ever had a football program, and still host them most Thursday and Friday nights. It isnt their stadium, they are a tenant, The high school teams have more of a claim than they do.

As for Trump winning Alabama, well duh. Mitt Romney came in 3rd in Alabama to Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. That is with or without Sessions endorsement( who by the way, rarely comes to Mobile).

Old 08-24-2015, 12:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The photo is from the local CBS affiliate i believe. both FOX and NBC have similar ones from the same angle as well as ones from the other endzone looking back at the empty stands, but they are copywritten or something because they wouldnt post the other night. I have also seen pictures from many of my liberal friends who went.

Again, im not understanding why CNN has continued to puff up this 30,000 number.

If you watched CNN the night of the speech, that photo looks like what the stadium looked like about a half an hour before Trump arrived. The CNN guy who was on air at the time even had a discussion about it with his panel (one of them, a Hispanic woman, worked for Bush) as to it not being the big crowd expected and why did Trump's staff allow them to pick that venue. That was when the Bush (can we say desperate-looking) plane flew over the stadium. However, by the time Trump did arrive, the same CNN guy said the seats had filled in quite a bit from before even though it was not 40,000. I don't know the CNN on line personalities so I don't know his name. I watched CNN all night and not Fox News because Fox News was doing taped shows and only cut to the speech where as CNN was live all night covering the speech and both of their before and after shows were devoted to discussing it. The guy who did the after show was named Lemon but I didn't catch the name of the guy who did the show before and during the speech.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
here you go:

A): sarah obama

here's the entire transcript of the interview with sarah obama that the birthers believe she claimed obama was born in kenya. she never does and states that he was born in hawaii:

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

trump's claim is a lie.

B): obama spent $4million on legal fees

here's a breakdown of all the birther cases. obama has been a defendant in very few and most of those were dismissed for lack of standing. there is nothing to support trump's claim.

http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_yo...ASE%20LIST.pdf

trump's claim is a lie.

C): trump's people in hawaii

i'm not sure what evidence i could show to prove someone doesn't exist except to point out that trump has never provided anything to support their existence.

trump's claim is most likely a lie.

D): a HI COLB

it is a birth certificate and meets all the federal standards for proof of birth ( you can check with your local passport office ) but if you need more here's the HI department of health directly and officially confirming all the information to the AZ secretary of state:

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...Image_0001.jpg

trump's claim is a lie.

E): no signature or number

here's the signature

http://www.factcheck.org/Images/imag.../signature.jpg

and here's the number

http://www.factcheck.org/Images/imag...mberscreen.jpg

trump's claim is a lie.

F): nobody knew obama as a child

here's a whole book of people remembering obama as a child:

Our Friend Barry: Classmates' Recollections of Barack Obama and Punahou School: Constance F Ramos: 9780557018154: Amazon.com: Books

trump's claim is a lie.

trump has since stated he never made the claim that nobody remembers obama. here's his words from an interview on "good morning america":

"The reason that I have a little doubt — just a little — is because he grew up and nobody knew him. When you interview people — if I ever got the nomination, if I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten, they'll remember me. Nobody ever comes forward. Nobody knows who he is until later in his life. It's very strange. The whole thing is very strange."

so...... that's another trump lie.

G): attendance at AZ rally

trump claimed 15,000. this from convention center officials:

"According to [ Convention Center Director John Chan ], ushers stopped letting people in after 4,169 people had been admitted. He says the remaining 1,000 or so people who were in line outside were told that capacity had been reached and "They were turned away." He added that happened at 2:55 pm, about an hour after the event began."

City of Phoenix: Trump's Claim is Absurd | Arizona News on 550 KFYI

trump's claim is a lie.
sigh. So far you have not provided any proof that Trump said any of this.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:04 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The above photo is why you never saw the news pan to the other half of the stadium.
That is because it's a photo before the event started. As noted repeatedly in the national press, people continued to come in as the speech progressed.

30,000 were at the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you watched CNN the night of the speech, that photo looks like what the stadium looked like about a half an hour before Trump arrived.
Yes indeed. That is a photo taken before the event even started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections