Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:43 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Nobody wants to say it, but

The number of total casualties has been estimated at various times since the bombings with wide discrepancies. The Manhattan Engineer District's best available figures are:

TABLE A: Estimates of Casualties
Hiroshima Nagasaki
Pre-raid population 255,000 195,000
Dead 66,000 39,000
Injured 69,000 25,000
Total Casualties 135,000 / 64,000

Two atomic bombs ended the war. Let's look at Iraq,

Various scientific surveys of Iraqi deaths resulting from the first four years of the Iraq War estimated that between 151,000 to over one million Iraqis died as a result of conflict during this time.

war is ugly indeed.

In normal circustances, I will say Ban Nuclear Weapons; Saving Money and Saving the World. However, we are living in a fallen world, you don't want to be the ONLY one who has no nuclear weapons.

This being said, I don't trust anybody with nuclear weapon, so this is the risk we all have to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 02:51 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm surprised Obama didn't give the codes to Iran in the nuclear deal. Maybe that is part of the deal and we don't know it. Because we aren't allowed to know what is in the deal. Only our adversaries like China, Russia, Iran who were negotiating the deal, and the side deals, with the State Dept. know what is in it. The American people can't be trusted with that information. But the enemy can. So --- Yeah--- giving them to Trump won't bother me at all.
Wut? Are you okay?

Mick

Old 09-11-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Remember, it's dems who usually get us into wars.
I wouldn't say that. In the last 50 years, all wars (military engagements) were started by a Republican President.

Mick

Old 09-11-2015, 03:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Wut? Are you okay?

Mick
I will be when you send me a copy of the Iran deal. Better yet just post it in the thread for all of us here to see. We won't be surprised if you don't. No one else is publishing it for us to read either.
Thanks for asking. Hope you are well too. Don't forget to take all medication as prescribed to prevent blindness. That way you will be able to locate the Iran deal and share it with us.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I will be when you send me a copy of the Iran deal. Better yet just post it in the thread for all of us here to see. We won't be surprised if you don't. No one else is publishing it for us to read either.
Thanks for asking. Hope you are well too. Don't forget to take all medication as prescribed to prevent blindness. That way you will be able to locate the Iran deal and share it with us.
Are you still butthurt about the side agreements that the right keeps harping on?

IAEA's agreement with Iran regarding past research at Parchin is not connected to the current deal, and the White House doesn't have the documents that the GOP has demanded in any case, like the officials have said under oath.

None of this matters in real life, because the Senate killed the disapproval resolution. That's it, you can't even get a bicameral vote.

Mick

Old 09-11-2015, 05:08 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Are you still butthurt about the side agreements that the right keeps harping on?

IAEA's agreement with Iran regarding past research at Parchin is not connected to the current deal, and the White House doesn't have the documents that the GOP has demanded in any case, like the officials have said under oath.

None of this matters in real life, because the Senate killed the disapproval resolution. That's it, you can't even get a bicameral vote.

Mick
Possibly your fetish for butt violence distracts you from my main point which is transparency. That was a big deal that Obama and other politicians always brought up in passed campaigns. When the enemy is privileged to information why should the public be kept in the dark ? It can't be classified secrets because the enemy already knows it. If there is nothing to hide why hide it ? If your old enough to vote you should be old enough to be trusted with information in a deal that you are a party too.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:24 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsteel17 View Post
But do you seriously want that man anywhere near the nuclear codes? I'm being serious here.
I am sure you can dig up quotes for Reagan almost exactly the same. The irony of it is that if the adversaries think they are dealing with a crazy person with his fingers on the nuke button, the result turns out quite different. The nuclear talks could have been wrapped up in a week if the Iranians didn’t feel the can roll Obama one more time.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Possibly your fetish for butt violence distracts you from my main point which is transparency. That was a big deal that Obama and other politicians always brought up in passed campaigns. When the enemy is privileged to information why should the public be kept in the dark ? It can't be classified secrets because the enemy already knows it. If there is nothing to hide why hide it ? If your old enough to vote you should be old enough to be trusted with information in a deal that you are a party too.
There is no violence if you do it right . . . .

Butt I digress. You are asking for the impossible. If you take the administration's word under sworn testimony at its face value as we must, they haven't seen it, they don't have it and it has nothing to do with the current deal. If you are insinuating that they are lying, where is your proof?

Butt, as I said, none of that matters because the Senate bill is dead.

Mick

Old 09-11-2015, 05:58 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsteel17 View Post
I know Trump makes you feel warm and fuzzy because he gets away with saying things that you only whisper. But do you seriously want that man anywhere near the nuclear codes? I'm being serious here.
I don't even want him taking a tour of the White House. And I'm someone who's voted Republican in every presidential race except one in my life. I also want most of the illegal immigrants sent back to the countries they came from, and the borders secured - not just the southern border.

Problem with Trump is he's getting people charged up by campaigning on what he knows they are ticked off about - illegal immigration for one, but I don't believe for a minute he'll try sending them back to their native countries if he becomes President. After candidates get elected when asked why they didn't keep one campaign promise or another, they either blame the opposing party, having to compromise, or my favorite - well, you have to say things while campaigning to get elected.

Keep in mind Trump spoke recently about wanting to change immigration laws that would allow foreign students in our universities to stay and work, rather than having to return back to their countries. If he really was worried about working on behalf of our citizens he'd instead be talking about having fewer foreign students in our universities so our own young people could get into medical, science and technology programs. Foreigners are taking up way too many spots in those classes, and our students are being pushed towards degrees they can't do much with or provide them with fairly low pay in comparison.

Trump is full of more hot air than most politicians, and that's saying something. He's doing a good job of selling himself to people who are fed up with our elected leaders and the federal government in general, I just have serious doubts he believes what he's saying. Once in the White House he'd disappoint a lot of people who voted for him. Hard for me to believe he'll be the nominee though.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:14 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Trump reminds me a lot of Jessie Ventura the one term Governor of Minnesota who caught the wave of dissatisfaction among voters with professional politicians. Brash, outspoken and with a flair for theatrics the voters bought the act. He did his one term, crashed and burned, and was never taken seriously again. It's clear even this early that Trump has a very strong chance of becoming President. A lot of people never read real news or objectively analyze anything. It's the best comedy/drama show on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections