Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 11:39 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
He also married a white woman. What a hypocrite.
I'm sure he did. He doesn't seem to be too into the whole "diversity" thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did you even bother to read your own link? Sanders has never said he didn't support our troops. Funding the military is not the same as voting for wars.

That was not the point of the Counter-Punch (read: A LEFT-WING MAGAZINE) article. The point is he spent BILLIONS of taxpayer's money on the f-35, and has always danced to the beat of the Military Industrial Complex's drum.

Quote:
Also, he has always been up front about bringing jobs to his state, even if they are military related because he has never claimed he doesn't support the military.

So I am not sure what you actually thought you were trying to say with your post.....

I was holding out hope that someone would stop the hero-worship long enough to see that he is a warmongering fraud.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I thought you were a reasonable enough at first, but you're really grasping for straws now with all of your attacks against Sanders. I have no problem with genuine criticism, but posting a terribly bias article with a poor attempt to spin Sanders as some kind of war monger? Which was written, I might add by a man that founded an organization who's mission statement is:

They also seem to be fond of Swizterland's "decentralized healthcare system which is second to none". Which I will also add, requires all off its citizens to purchase a basic form of health insurance and subsidizes any premium that exceeds 8% of their income.

I really don't get why Sanders makes you so angry, I'd expect a libertarian to be a little more rational than this.
So you attack Counter-punch based on what the writer of the article said in an unrelated piece, and then accuse me of "grasping at straws"

He voted for the military industrial complex, and is an all around fraud. Here is another article on the same subject:

Quote:
By 2011, Sanders was also supporting the Pentagon’s proposal to base Lockheed-built F-35 fight jets at the Burlington International Airport. Despite his past criticisms of the corporation’s serial misconduct and excess, he joined with Vermont’s most enthusiastic booster, Senator Patrick Leahy, signing on to a joint statement of support.
Lockheed Martin in Vermont: Senator Bernie Sanders’ Corporate Conundrum | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

So he was for it after he was against it. So, is it now not "rational" to be against a candidate for their past inconsistency and supporting building the weapons of war on the tax-payer's dime?

Old 09-28-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
The Berniehaters are really grasping at straws at this point.
Which basically means they have no logical arguement

As opposed to the Ron Paul haters, who were SOOOO rational?

At least Trump has some ideas that make sense and when he calms down he comes across as almost sensible. Sanders has always been crazy, inconsistent, and corrupt.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:04 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

I was holding out hope that someone would stop the hero-worship long enough to see that he is a warmongering fraud.

So a candidate that is for a strong national defense but does not want to get us into pointless wars is a "warmongering fraud"?
Seriously, this is the best the Berniehaters can do?

Old 09-28-2015, 09:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Bernie Sanders wants a $15/hour minimum wage, but pays his people $12

I figured out why Sanders is doing that. If he paid them $ 15 per/hr it would put them in a higher tax bracket under Trump's plan. That Sanders is a sharp cookie !!!

Old 09-28-2015, 09:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:

That was not the point of the Counter-Punch (read: A LEFT-WING MAGAZINE) article. The point is he spent BILLIONS of taxpayer's money on the f-35, and has always danced to the beat of the Military Industrial Complex's drum.

So when did supporting jobs in one's own state become "warmongering?" You are really reaching with this one, but it doesn't matter, you will say anything to make your case and help you believe whatever you are saying.

This isn't "hero-worship," this is called supporting a candidate that one would actually want to vote for. I am sure you are making your own decisions on which candidate you would want to support as well...by your own logic, does that mean who ever you are planning on voting for means you to are "hero-worshipping."

Old 09-28-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So when did supporting jobs in one's own state become "warmongering?"

IT ISN'T JUST JOBS! IT'S A PLANT BUILDING BOMBERS! HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND!!??

Quote:
This isn't "hero-worship," this is called supporting a candidate that one would actually want to vote for. I am sure you are making your own decisions on which candidate you would want to support as well...by your own logic, does that mean who ever you are planning on voting for means you to are "hero-worshipping."

Rand paul is a dofus when it comes to abortion, but I am still voting for him. THAT is the difference: able to admit when who one is supporting is wrong on some issues=supporting a candidate. Looking at evidence that proves a candidate has flaws and refusing to admit what is in one's face=hero worship.

I have yet to meet a Bernie Sanders fan who has one bad thing to say about him. Here is a little diddy about that kind of following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

Old 09-28-2015, 09:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:

IT ISN'T JUST JOBS! IT'S A PLANT BUILDING BOMBERS! HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND!!??

Rand paul is a dofus when it comes to abortion, but I am still voting for him. THAT is the difference: able to admit when who one is supporting is wrong on some issues=supporting a candidate. Looking at evidence that proves a candidate has flaws and refusing to admit what is in one's face=hero worship.

I have yet to meet a Bernie Sanders fan who has one bad thing to say about him. Here is a little diddy about that kind of following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
And? There is nothing wrong with having military planes....even Bernie knows the importance of a strong military. Building planes doesn't mean we are invading countries or warmongering....you are just grasping at straws here....give it a rest.

So you are voting for someone who you think is a "dofus" or are you saying abortion isn't that big of an issue for you? What about those who are wanting to vote for Rand Paul who think he could do no wrong? Also, you can hero-worship a candidate that you think is a "dofus" on some issues.

So let me know when you find something more than the straw you are grasping at....

Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,780 times
Quote:
So you attack Counter-punch based on what the writer of the article said in an unrelated piece, and then accuse me of "grasping at straws"

He voted for the military industrial complex, and is an all around fraud. Here is another article on the same subject:

Lockheed Martin in Vermont: Senator Bernie Sanders’ Corporate Conundrum | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

So he was for it after he was against it. So, is it now not "rational" to be against a candidate for their past inconsistency and supporting building the weapons of war on the tax-payer's dime?
If you read the entire article you'll find he had more motive than simply having more jobs brought back to his state. Would you like to finish summarizing it? Or are you going to conveniently omit that to continue supporting your argument that Sanders is a massive fraud?

And my last response I think it was perfectly legitimate considering the author/source of an article can go a long way to explain why what is being said, is being said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections