Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:07 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times

Advertisements

Someone mentioned in another thread how the media portrayal of the candidates is like social engineering and it made him want to throw up.

I think the problem is the candidates are so processed, packaged and manufactured and then polished by the media for public consumption that they are no longer real or relatable. Exibit A Marco Rubio. He's about as good for the country as a diet of Twinkies or cotton candy. He's so processed he should come with a warning label.

Trump offers something we need right now. While the media, special interest groups, and processed candidates fail at selling their goods to an American public they're out of touch with, he offers the meat and potatoes. Calling them out on their bull and making no apologies. How delicious is it when he confronts the media on their bias, or when he calls out Jeb for pandering (pathetically) to a group of people solely for votes. Proverbs 28:21 To show partiality isn't good; for a piece of bread that man will transgress.

We trust Trump because he doesn't need to be something he's not in order to get votes. He should be set for life, he's a billionaire, but he's running through his own money to save this country. It was nice to see him still confronting the media, the phony candidates, saying no to being politically correct and special interest groups' money. I hope he stays the course. Even if he doesn't get the nomination which I'm afraid will happen because of what he's up against, I'm glad there was a sort of revival of common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 11:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Trump is a RINO if anyone is though I do not like the label.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:15 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Someone mentioned in another thread how the media portrayal of the candidates is like social engineering and it made him want to throw up.

I think the problem is the candidates are so processed, packaged and manufactured and then polished by the media for public consumption that they are no longer real or relatable. Exibit A Marco Rubio. He's about as good for the country as a diet of Twinkies or cotton candy. He's so processed he should come with a warning label.

Trump offers something we need right now. While the media, special interest groups, and processed candidates fail at selling their goods to an American public they're out of touch with, he offers the meat and potatoes. Calling them out on their bull and making no apologies. How delicious is it when he confronts the media on their bias, or when he calls out Jeb for pandering (pathetically) to a group of people solely for votes. Proverbs 28:21 To show partiality isn't good; for a piece of bread that man will transgress.

We trust Trump because he doesn't need to be something he's not in order to get votes. He should be set for life, he's a billionaire, but he's running through his own money to save this country. It was nice to see him still confronting the media, the phony candidates, saying no to being politically correct and special interest groups' money. I hope he stays the course. Even if he doesn't get the nomination which I'm afraid will happen because of what he's up against, I'm glad there was a sort of revival of common sense.

Trump could be any random person selected by throwing a dart at an open phone book.

It`s not so much that he is Trump, but rather, it is that he is not Jeb, Graham, Kasich, Christie or any of the other bought and paid for career politicians.

Of course this isn`t just about Trump.

Trump, Carson and Fiorina are all viewed as unyielding outsiders and are riding wave of approval for that reason.

Poll: Outsiders Donald Trump, Ben Carson Still Leading GOP Race - Washington Wire - WSJ

I would be happy with any of the three.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:59 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Default Let Joe Dan Gorman explain it to you---

[vimeo]139828089[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/139828089

Old 09-23-2015, 02:07 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,133 times
Most US conservatives are RINO's. They only claim to be conservative because of social issues like abortion. The others claim to be about small government and balanced budgets and yet when we had all 3 pillars of government there was nothing but big spending. Then you have the tea baggers who support the bridge to nowhere lady.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:59 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,098,104 times
I like Trump because he is the first politician that has acknowledges what the people have been saying for years while other issues were being discussed as "fluff" to cover the real issues. He is himself, the one we have seen before he started talking about running for POTUS.

I had voted straight ticket Democrat for most of my life starting in 1972. Now, I look at individual candidates. I don't think the parties stand for what we learned they stood for in high school anymore anyway and the issues have greatly changed in all of these years since I started voting.

I live in a state that votes Republican because that is what they do. That just isn't a good enough reason for me.

We have seen a blurring of the parties for years now. I think with the social issues that it is mixing it up and it will probably become more so as time goes on. The rigid two party system really doesn't exist anymore and makes an opening for the rise of the 3rd parties. There should be something "in between".

Old 09-23-2015, 06:15 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Fiorina is against Carson for saying a muslim is unfit to lead if they believe in Sharia law.. and they will lie . The muslims are taught to lie and manipulate in their religion to advance Islam. The tactic..taqiyya

Fiorina fought against Trump on anchor baby status, saying they have rights under the 14th Amendment. I don't believe they do.. The parents are not under the jurisdiction of the United States.. they are illegals.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:18 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
Trump`s making bigotry cool again! That`s seems to be the attraction to this blowhard.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:47 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Trump`s making bigotry cool again! That`s seems to be the attraction to this blowhard.
After all, his followers like him because he says what's on their mind.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,073,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

I think the problem is the candidates are so processed, packaged and manufactured and then polished by the media for public consumption that they are no longer real or relatable....

Trump offers something we need right now...
Whether we "need" Trump right now is debatable.

He certainly does offer a different brand of rhetoric. We know that the rest of the gang will say anything, promise anything, and that it is just a bunch of hot air. Trump at least has a refreshing brand of "hot air".

And who knows, could things be any worse in Washington than they are now? This business of managing our country by executive order because congress is dysfunctional is probably not good for our Democracy in the long run. Maybe Trump bangs a few heads together and we break out of the bull $hit mode and get on with governing. THAT would be a marked improvement, even if we had a few "outliers" along the way. Today, when we have errors, we bring out the spin masters and try to make things sound "right". Maybe some honesty and admission would be a welcome change.

But....is there any chance that the "money" would allow Trump to be nominated, let alone elected? What are people who run the party (and the country?), like the Koch Brothers, thinking about now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections