Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:11 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

So, I'm switching back and forth between CNN and FNC in the 6PM hour to see what they have to say about the Trump Tax plan but this post isn't about that.

Both networks cited the WSJ/NBC poll in talking about the GOP race but neither bothered to mention the 6.5% margin of error in that poll. Besides, the talk we've come to know about the cherry picked Trump status "slide" in the poll, now Jeb Bush (yeah, him) is being talked about like one nickel shy of destitution.

Dear Jeb!, I'm not voting for you but don't listen to the media using this poll to predict your demise. With a 6.5% margin of error, your 7% could really be as high as 13.5%. That could put you in 3rd place ahead of Rubio. And Donald Trump, neither you nor Dr Carson, know if Carson is breathing down your neck or not, based on this poll with a 6.5% margin of error. And you 2 percenters, this poll with such a high margin of error shouldn't push you off the bridge into Walkerland.

Since the news media is so disingenuous by failing to tell their viewers that this poll has such a high margin of error, the candidates themselves and their mouthpieces need to mention it to the voters. The poll is what it is but the news media has an obligation to tell the public that the margin of error is YUGE in this poll and everyone should put less emphasis on it predicting doom and gloom.

And by the way, there was a very high 6.1% margin of error for the Democrats, too, so if anyone is suggesting Clinton or Sanders stick their head in the oven because of this poll, don't listen. I just don't know the Democrat story enough to tell you with any certainty what's going on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 06:04 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
...you're getting yourself all torqued up for nothing....shut the damn tv off, go take a walk, read a book and come back in, oh, i don't know, a year or so...just my two cents, with no margin of error

Old 09-28-2015, 07:23 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
For someone who has been around since 2007 and only has 712 posts, what made you bother with your "advice" to me on this one?

Old 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, I'm switching back and forth between CNN and FNC in the 6PM hour to see what they have to say about the Trump Tax plan but this post isn't about that.

Both networks cited the WSJ/NBC poll in talking about the GOP race but neither bothered to mention the 6.5% margin of error in that poll. Besides, the talk we've come to know about the cherry picked Trump status "slide" in the poll, now Jeb Bush (yeah, him) is being talked about like one nickel shy of destitution.

Dear Jeb!, I'm not voting for you but don't listen to the media using this poll to predict your demise. With a 6.5% margin of error, your 7% could really be as high as 13.5%. That could put you in 3rd place ahead of Rubio. And Donald Trump, neither you nor Dr Carson, know if Carson is breathing down your neck or not, based on this poll with a 6.5% margin of error. And you 2 percenters, this poll with such a high margin of error shouldn't push you off the bridge into Walkerland.

Since the news media is so disingenuous by failing to tell their viewers that this poll has such a high margin of error, the candidates themselves and their mouthpieces need to mention it to the voters. The poll is what it is but the news media has an obligation to tell the public that the margin of error is YUGE in this poll and everyone should put less emphasis on it predicting doom and gloom.

And by the way, there was a very high 6.1% margin of error for the Democrats, too, so if anyone is suggesting Clinton or Sanders stick their head in the oven because of this poll, don't listen. I just don't know the Democrat story enough to tell you with any certainty what's going on there.
Don't sweat it dear. If somebody like you is aware of these issues... rest assured that any educated or even half way literate person knows full well what's going on

Old 09-28-2015, 08:14 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Ouch!

General Election: Trump vs. Clinton NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Clinton 49, Trump 39 Clinton +10
General Election: Trump vs. Biden NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Biden 56, Trump 35 Biden +21
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Sanders 52, Trump 36 Sanders +16

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/

Old 09-28-2015, 08:17 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurac View Post
for someone who has been around since 2007 and only has 712 posts, what made you bother with your "advice" to me on this one?

:d

Old 09-28-2015, 08:20 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Thanks Laura for an insightful and entertaining post, as always. It does appear that CNN is now Trump’s favorite stop. Erin Burnett got the prized interview tonight right after the tax plan. On Wednesday, he is going on Don Lemon’s show. I have to say CNN has been “nice” to him as of late, which means letting him speak and not be disrespectful like 60 minutes.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:30 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
For someone who has been around since 2007 and only has 712 posts, what made you bother with your "advice" to me on this one?
So what's the criteria to give you advice... At least 25,000 posts like you? Open more than 2,500 threads? Some people have others things to do besides posting on CD data.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:18 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
Quote:
chill sweetie...never said you had to take my advice

Old 09-28-2015, 11:39 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
There is absolutely no difference between any of the corporate controlled MSM News outlets aside from pushing the buttons of certain demographics with their social wedge issues from time to time. This includes FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX News, MSBNC, CNN, ad nauseam, etc.

The ALL shill for the corporate and political elite status quo and if anything comes along that might threaten that, then they all sing the same tune like a bunch of trained canaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections