Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Considering all the lies used to block these investigations, the roadblocks thrown up by Obama and the Clinton campaign, the with holding of emails it is a wonder people like you deign to us the word incompetence since the facts are only now coming out in spite of the interference.
Yeah, let's just pretend that there weren't eight investigations that preceded this ninth one--eight investigations, led by Republicans, in which no wrongdoing was found. Let's just pretend those never happened.

Why? Well, two reasons, really.

One, because those previous eight investigations failed to come to the conclusion that conservatives decided on before they even began. Damn those pesky facts for not cooperating!

And two, and really much more importantly to the GOP, if they accept the results of the previous eight Republican-led investigations they would have to stop this government funded smear campaign, and it's too soon for that. They need to keep this ninth one dragging out until about November of 2016. Heck, Trey Gowdy even admitted as much.

But yeah, let's pretend Gowdy and McCarthy never made those statements. Stick your fingers in your ears and sing, la, la, la, I can't HEAR you! That way you can continue to pretend that these "investigations" are real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 11:39 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,942,353 times
Perception is a powerful tool... The perception of Hillary Clinton is that she is dishonest and untrustworthy. She is also seen as cold and calculating. I don't think she will even get the nomination, much less ever see the general election. I honestly think that if Biden gets in the race, both Clinton and Sanders are history. If Clinton does get the nomination, she is very beatable, by a number of different candidates. I know some of you dyed in the wool Hillary worshipers will come out screaming that no Republican can beat her, but I think the perception of her, already has her defeated.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Perception is a powerful tool... The perception of Hillary Clinton is that she is dishonest and untrustworthy. She is also seen as cold and calculating. I don't think she will even get the nomination, much less ever see the general election. I honestly think that if Biden gets in the race, both Clinton and Sanders are history. If Clinton does get the nomination, she is very beatable, by a number of different candidates. I know some of you dyed in the wool Hillary worshipers will come out screaming that no Republican can beat her, but I think the perception of her, already has her defeated.
Well, no one ever said that smear campaigns didn't work. That's why the right employs them so often.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, no one ever said that smear campaigns didn't work. That's why the right employs them so often.
The right does utilize them, but then again, so does the left. There is no such thing as clean politics.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
The right does utilize them, but then again, so does the left. There is no such thing as clean politics.
Well, at least you admit that's what this whole Benghazi thing is. That's a start.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:44 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, let's just pretend that there weren't eight investigations that preceded
this ninth one--eight investigations, led by Republicans, in which no wrongdoing
was found. Let's just pretend those never happened
Ever hear of stone walling, with Clinton saying all her emails were released yet they keep finding new and damning emails?

Quote:

Why? Well, two reasons, really.

One, because those previous eight investigations failed to come to the
conclusion that conservatives decided on before they even began. Damn those
pesky facts for not cooperating!

And two, and really much more importantly to the GOP, if they accept the
results of the previous eight Republican-led investigations they would have to
stop this government funded smear campaign, and it's too soon for that. They
need to keep this ninth one dragging out until about November of 2016. Heck,
Trey Gowdy even admitted as much.

But yeah, let's pretend Gowdy and McCarthy never made those statements.
Stick your fingers in your ears and sing, la, la, la, I can't HEAR you! That
way you can continue to pretend that these "investigations" are
real.
Speaking of refusing to listen and ignoring the facts that just keep popping up, it seems like you just have to keep making things up to support your false statements. Clinton fantasy land.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:46 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times
Quote:
Well, at least you admit that's what this whole Benghazi thing is. That's a start.
No such admission in his statement, that is what you want it to say but it does not.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I have read an re-read my post several times and I don't see where I ever mentioned Benghazi. Honestly, I don't know for sure what happened at Benghazi. I somehow doubt you do either. In any case, I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Speaking of refusing to listen and ignoring the facts that just keep popping up, it seems like you just have to keep making things up to support your false statements. Clinton fantasy land.
What do you bet this will all magically disappear in November of 2016? Well, actually, there's no need to speculate because Trey Gowdy has already admitted as much. He has stated that he intends to delay the end of the investigation until then. He, at least, isn't even pretending it's anything other than purely political.

Not that most of us needed to hear him to say that. We figured it out a long time ago. McCarthy just confirmed it for us.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:15 PM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Yeah, you can spot the real nutjobs in this thread....thinking that their side is good, the other is evil.

Their side tells the truth, the other cheats and lies.

It's pathetic to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections