Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The story is a lie anyway. That's the bigger issue.
Interesting, why do you say that?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:36 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
not only do they think this is a reason to say Carson should not be president, they will also act outraged at the notion that someone would not vote for a muslim for president.

double standards and hypocrisy is the stock and trade....
And they want a president where four Americans died under her watch...

Old 10-09-2015, 12:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What is there to talk about? I'm not tripping all over myself and my fellow braindeads to try and spin something he said like you and others are. Why does he scare you so much? Is it maybe because your jealous that he's smarter than you?
look there's no need to be defensive because you were going to vote for him, all of us make mistakes...

Old 10-09-2015, 12:37 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The story is a lie anyway. That's the bigger issue.
Why is Carson fabricating stories? Was the story about him stabbing a man was also a lie?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:40 PM

913 posts, read 886,119 times
Quote:
I'm not too sure about that one after reading your post.
I would feel the same way about a democrat, republican, or a martian for that matter. It was a cowardly act.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:41 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Why is Carson fabricating stories? Was the story about him stabbing a man was also a lie?
I didn't believe his story about shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So it was stupid that he was able to talk his way out of a dangerious situation? That seems like a trait that would be highly desirable for a president.
Telling the gunman to go after someone else is a desirable trait?

Wow. Just wow.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:42 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Unless he can come up with some kind of proof, like a police report I think it is likely that the story is made up:

Quote:
A Carson spokeswoman did not respond to a request for comment Thursday or for more details as to when and where the incident occurred. Baltimore Police said Thursday that they could not find any report related to the incident based on the little information that Carson had provided. "We searched for it and based on the general statement, we have no report," said T.J. Smith, the department's chief spokesman. "Need more info." There has been a Popeye's franchise on North Broadway — just south of the Hopkins medical campus — for many years. But without more information, Carson just as well could have been talking about a Popeye's in Baltimore County, where he used to live, Smith said. A request for comment from Popeye's was not returned Thursday.

Carson moved to Baltimore decades ago after graduating from medical school, and performed his residency at Hopkins. He went on to direct pediatric neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins Children's Center for 29 years.
In 2002, Carson was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer, leading him to forsake meat and junk food and take up a diet of organic fruits and vegetables. "Lots of salads, lettuce and tomatoes and cukes and carrots and beets and onions and things like that," Carson said of his diet in a 2002 story in The Baltimore Sun.
Ben Carson story of Baltimore Popeye's stick up prompts questions - Baltimore Sun

Old 10-09-2015, 12:47 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
What is there to talk about? I'm not tripping all over myself and my fellow braindeads to try and spin something he said like you and others are. Why does he scare you so much? Is it maybe because your jealous that he's smarter than you?
What's to spin?

Dr. Carson stated that he told the gunman that he (the gunman) wanted the kid behind the counter.
His words.

People can deflect all they want, but those are his words.

Amazing the number of people in this thread who appear to be afraid to address the actual content and meaning of that statement.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Interesting, why do you say that?
I'm using my street sense. It doesn't add up. Makes no sense. Rob him in a Popeye's for what exactly?

Nah...never happened. And I guarantee you that no one will corroborate that story either.
Quote:
Probably. I don't buy it....I'll tell you that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.