Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 09:17 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Everything I read says they will not. They will handle it VERY carefully. They are starting with basically "zip" and if they start picking at and exposing one another, well, to the GOP voters might go or to an independent. I don't know though, you know how "on the edge" Hillary is and I can't imagine she won't take a few personal jabs at the others especially since the Dems have done her wrong and are getting ready to do it again. It will be interesting to see how see "behaves" also with Sanders and, frankly, I don't know of any other of the Dem candidates. I like to watch body language as that says SO much and it is one thing that is hard to keep under wraps. Should be interesting.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes, however the candidates themselves laid the groundwork for that line of questioning when they went after each other. That hasn't happened on the Democratic side.
Ummmm not really. The questions to Trump were about people not even running and they got that way wrong as usual.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Of course it will be different.

Gloria Vanderbilt's son is a limousine liberal if there ever was one, and this bunch loves the Clintons. They party, eat, and go yachting with them. They enjoy all their antics with the Clintons away from the peasants which they claim to love. Bill & Hillary have worked hard to join the NYC elite, and it now pays off for them.
What are you talking about "Gloria Vanderbilt's son" rides a bicycle all over New York and does not live a lavish life style. Anderson Cooper an elite? Hardly!

Old 10-13-2015, 09:34 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Of course it will be different.

Gloria Vanderbilt's son is a limousine liberal if there ever was one, and this bunch loves the Clintons. They party, eat, and go yachting with them. They enjoy all their antics with the Clintons away from the peasants which they claim to love. Bill & Hillary have worked hard to join the NYC elite, and it now pays off for them.
What I think you are trying to do is paint those people as hypocrites -- people who are wealthy but have liberal views about forming policies that help the underclasses -- as if, one only has a right to support liberal causes if they help you personally.

I disagree, I believe that wealthy people who support raising taxes on people like themselves and support a strong safety net, are an example of civic virtue. I find it noble to support policies that are in the good of the nation, even if they are contrary to one's own personal financial interests.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:43 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Ummmm not really. The questions to Trump were about people not even running and they got that way wrong as usual.
Which ones were those??

Btw, comments a candidate make are certainly fair game to be asked about during a debate.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
CNN ought to have a running ticker on the bottom of the screen with live tweets.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:17 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No one could handle this debate the same as the GOP debate because the fields of candidates is so different in size and tone. Republicans had been trying to eat their own before hand and so far Democrat have been acting like adults addressing the issues and not each other.
That's only because Hillary was the clear front runner early on. Many of her "opponents" are hoping for some sort of position in her cabinet or other perk...or at least not feeling her wrath if she wins.

You don't remember 2008? It started out that way and then Obama burst onto the scene....then it go nasty. When you have people accusing Bill Clinton of racism the gloves have come off.....

Close races with no front-runner get chippy. No need to go on the attack if you have a big lead. Hillary and Sanders have been "heating up" and I expect it to start boiling sooner than later.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:17 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I bet more people "tune in" to @realDonaldTrump than actually watch the Praise MS Inevitable Softball Game on CNN tonight. My guess is more questions about the GOP than about the Democrats. This CNN slugfest will also be aimed at the GOP.
The Drinking Game tonight should be for every mention of a GOP candidate.

When the Leftist's go Ballistic over Trumps Twitter LiveTweet ...... remember that Bernie Sanders did the same thing with the CNN GOP Debate and they all thought that was a great idea.

Goose/Gander
Trump is far from the first candidate to take to Twitter during a debate. Sanders livetweeted the marathon September Republican debate, slamming the GOP candidates for not touching on issues like poverty or race.

Of course the September CNN GOP debate was designed by CNN to be a 3 Hour slug fest and to barely touch on the Debate Theme, which was supposed to be "Foreign Policy". Bernie clearly thinks that "poverty & race" are all about "Foreign Policy". That should surprise nobody.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:21 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
They will ask Hillary about her family and maybe some dinner recipes. Bernie about Christmas, since he thinks he's Santa Claus. The others probably won't get asked a question.

What will be interesting is how they handle themselves in the Fox-moderated Democratic debate. Should be interesting to see Megyn Kelly or some other real journalist ask some hard-ball questions.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

I disagree, I believe that wealthy people who support raising taxes on people like themselves and support a strong safety net, are an example of civic virtue. I find it noble to support policies that are in the good of the nation, even if they are contrary to one's own personal financial interests.
Yet after 50 years of saying this, neither exists. The 1% pays almost no tax and the only safety nets turn productive people in to dependents because their jobs are gone. And they get away with it because there are people who still believe they care about the common person. The results speak for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections