Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 06:03 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I can tell you the opposite story: one of our granddaughters who was a national merit candidate got almost all her tuition paid for and her older sister got all her out of state tuition paid for. No, they were not black and they graduated from highschool that is or was very highly rated.
He said public ivies, so I'm guessing it's very competitive even among national merit scholars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 06:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Quantitative easing, which is essentially increasing the money supply, is a standard way to stimulate a weak economy. It keeps rates down, so businesses can purchase plant and equipment cheaply and allows consumers to buy things, such as cars, at low rates. It also holds down mortgage rates. While it did increase equity prices, which the wealthy mostly invest, the good outweighed the bad and to focus on that narrow aspect, and ignore the likelihood that the policy prevented a depression, is blind.
There you go again. A record wealth inequality is a good thing.

So what is it you are complaining about?

Old 10-15-2015, 06:06 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There you go again. A record wealth inequality is a good thing.

So what is it you are complaining about?
It's the cost of saving the economy for all of us.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's the cost of saving the economy for all of us.
It was buying the lies.

This one never gets addressed either....I'm betting you bought Geithners lies about how charging bankers with the crimes they committed would harm the economy also?

Old 10-15-2015, 06:38 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
The "real news post" from 2.5 years ago?

Quantitative Easing and Wealth Inequality
Previously I said "Can you provide a source to prove your QE statements? Answer: No"

With your above post I stand corrected.

Chad.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:42 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
And when QE happened under Obama creating the largest wealth discrepancy in the history of the country the "left" was strangely quiet.

No the right didn't complain. You expect they would? How does that explain the refusal to condemn the programs under Obama?

yes, the right was wrong on the wars and bail outs but that doesn't excuse the equally wrong actions of the last 7 years.
QE is being used as a political tool to attack B. Obama.

GW Bush was in office January 20, 2001 – January 20, 2009.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush

QE began Nov. 25, 2008.
Financial Crisis Timeline: Collapse and Bailout | Bankrate.com

QE was started by GW Bush and now republicans are attacking Obama for it.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Previously I said "Can you provide a source to prove your QE statements? Answer: No"

With your above post I stand corrected.

Chad.
Thank you.....so where were the complaints when this was happening? Sanders was complaining and I give him credit for that and its the 2nd reason I have to vote for him.

This outcome was obvious years ago but those who say they are against the wealth discrepancies were no where to be found when it was happening.

The refusal to condemn the program because Obama was.president is why things never change...yes, many in the GOP was all for it, that's not a reason to not condemn it.

The "left" should have had a fit when Obama renominated Bernanke. He had just failed in his job perhaps worse than anyone had ever failed at a job and he gets another chance?

I don't get it.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
QE is controlled by the Fed, not the President.

And Sanders has not said we're going to print money to fund all these freebies.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
QE is being used as a political tool to attack B. Obama.
Obama wasn't president all those years it was happening under his watch?

Quote:
QE was started by GW Bush and now republicans are attacking Obama for it.
I'm not a Republican, address me.

Yes it happened under two months of the Bush regime. Almost a month after Obama was elected but continued for over 6 years under Obama.

So its all the fault of the 2 months under Bush and the 6/years under Obama were meaningless?

Old 10-15-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
QE is controlled by the Fed, not the President.
The president picks the person that will run the Fed. Congress (along with the president) instructs the Fed in the path it is supposed to take.

Quote:
And Sanders has not said we're going to print money to fund all these freebies.
Right, he said he was going to get some of the money back into the hands that actually could have used the help to start with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections