Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 06:45 AM

25,983 posts, read 22,176,776 times

Advertisements

Well, the first thing I noticed was that he is too old, he just is. I have spent my entire life around older people and I know that some are still sharp but I also know that energy levels really drop as does mental function. It is just a fact. Healthy Living in Your 70s and Older - Healthy Aging - HealthCommunities.com

The 5 pros and cons which is well worth reading: 5 Pros and Cons to Bernie Sanders the Presidential Candidate and here he is on the Truth-O-Meter: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...truth-o-meter/

Not sure who his voter base is but it looks like although I am hearing he is favored over Hillary that probably he isn't. Maybe older "hippy" types and the younger people who don't realize that all those "goodies" cost a lot in taxes and with our current low wages, underemployment and unemployment, I don't see how that will have a positive turnout.

I did vote for Bill Clinton, twice. I don't see myself voting for another Democrat but you never know since I vote the person and their policies and actually research rather than have media or "party" dictate my choices.

Bernie Sanders on the issues: http://www.ontheissues.org/Bernie_Sanders.htm Make sure you check his stance on illegal immigration because you'll continue to share, even to a greater extent, with the illegals.

So, why vote for Bernie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 06:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
1. He is the only candidate that might get us out of the wars.

End of story.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:57 AM

39,096 posts, read 51,295,696 times
We really need to catch up to the rest of the world with respect to social policy. It can't be of the rich, for the rich all of the time.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:15 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,229,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, the first thing I noticed was that he is too old, he just is. I have spent my entire life around older people and I know that some are still sharp but I also know that energy levels really drop as does mental function. It is just a fact. Healthy Living in Your 70s and Older - Healthy Aging - HealthCommunities.com

The 5 pros and cons which is well worth reading: 5 Pros and Cons to Bernie Sanders the Presidential Candidate and here he is on the Truth-O-Meter: Bernie Sanders and the Truth-O-Meter | PolitiFact

Not sure who his voter base is but it looks like although I am hearing he is favored over Hillary that probably he isn't. Maybe older "hippy" types and the younger people who don't realize that all those "goodies" cost a lot in taxes and with our current low wages, underemployment and unemployment, I don't see how that will have a positive turnout.

I did vote for Bill Clinton, twice. I don't see myself voting for another Democrat but you never know since I vote the person and their policies and actually research rather than have media or "party" dictate my choices.

Bernie Sanders on the issues: Bernie Sanders on the Issues Make sure you check his stance on illegal immigration because you'll continue to share, even to a greater extent, with the illegals.

So, why vote for Bernie?
When I hear Sanders speak, he says why he feels that way. Hillary can't explain her positions because she doesn't really mean them. Sanders generally does speak the truth. The truthometer that is quoted in the article regarding hours worked compares a boom year to a year when we were losing 700,000 jobs a month.

Sanders base is sick and tired of corporate domination of everything important. I see Sanders as at least a partial barricade against a corporate juggernaut that wants to dominate everything. I will be voting for Sanders in my state's primary and Clinton in the general election because I am convinced that she is the lesser of two evils.

I compliment you on your decision process when you vote. Fox will never tell you what to do. Thank you.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
When I hear Sanders speak, he says why he feels that way. Hillary can't explain her positions because she doesn't really mean them. Sanders generally does speak the truth. The truthometer that is quoted in the article regarding hours worked compares a boom year to a year when we were losing 700,000 jobs a month.

Sanders base is sick and tired of corporate domination of everything important. I see Sanders as at least a partial barricade against a corporate juggernaut that wants to dominate everything. I will be voting for Sanders in my state's primary and Clinton in the general election because I am convinced that she is the lesser of two evils.

I compliment you on your decision process when you vote. Fox will never tell you what to do. Thank you.
The lesser of two evils is still evil and there is always more than two choices. I don't understand how anyone can vote for what they acknowledge is evil especially when they acknowledge that evil will just add to what they realize is the problem.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:03 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,720,481 times
Quote:
Vote Webb!
I am only voting for Bernie because probably no one will win the Republican side that I want as a President; like Rand Paul he is too stringent on abortion however. Not a fan of.Hillary and What bb unfortunately won't win I have a feeling, will see how Tuesday goes. So Bernie will probably run third-party and it's my right to vote. To be a part of this country will vote Bernie. Not.a fan of.some of his idea's. I mean I rather take away I interest rates on college loans then make college free. I do like his work initiative and thoughts on trade though.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:57 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,612,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Vote Webb!
I am only voting for Bernie because probably no one will win the Republican side that I want as a President; like Rand Paul he is too stringent on abortion however. Not a fan of.Hillary and What bb unfortunately won't win I have a feeling, will see how Tuesday goes. So Bernie will probably run third-party and it's my right to vote. To be a part of this country will vote Bernie. Not.a fan of.some of his idea's. I mean I rather take away I interest rates on college loans then make college free. I do like his work initiative and thoughts on trade though.
Webb is the centrist that this country could use right now. If he was good enough at fundraising, he should pull a Ross Perot.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:03 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,983,475 times
Quote:
Well, the first thing I noticed was that he is too old, he just is. I have spent my entire life around older people and I know that some are still sharp but I also know that energy levels really drop as does mental function. It is just a fact. [url=http://www.healthcommunities.com/healthy-aging/healthy-living-tips-70s-older-elderly.shtml]Healthy Living in Your 70s and Older - Healthy Aging -
You are voting for Trump. not exactly what I would call a spring chicken. How old do you you think Trump will be 2017? 70 years old. If you want young then vote for Rubio or Cruz.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:28 PM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We really need to catch up to the rest of the world with respect to social policy. It can't be of the rich, for the rich all of the time.
Sounds great. Let's switch to Sweden's style of taxation and spending.

How Sweden fights inequality - regressive, not progressive taxes

Old 10-12-2015, 12:30 PM

25,983 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Where does the money to do that come from? We can't afford to pay any more taxes. How many of those countries with "social policy" you are looking for are being overran by 3rd world illegal immigrants making demands on the government. The country is a mess and there has to be a plan not just work on one element of the plan. I consider Bernie rich compared to anyone I have ever known. A salary of $174,000 a year? Here the average household income is about $35,000 a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The lesser of two evils is still evil and there is always more than two choices. I don't understand how anyone can vote for what they acknowledge is evil especially when they acknowledge that evil will just add to what they realize is the problem.
It is past time for the two party system to go under to where 3rd parties have a real chance. It will happen eventually, hopefully sooner than later but it just seems it will be a long process to get to that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You are voting for Trump. no texactly what I would call a spring chicken. How old do you you think Trump will be 2017? 70 years old. If you want young them vote for Rubio or Cruz.
There is 5 years difference and that is a significant difference when you get older. And, as I said, Bernie is too old for my vote and that is why I didn't really look at him as a choice. Plus, he looks like he is 90 so it isn't like it a young 74. He'd be 75 when he took office and 79 when he left. There would be no chance of a 2nd term and he might not make it through the 4 years so a good VP choice would be crucial.

Rubio is too green and soft on illegal immigration. Cruz just doesn't have a comprehensive plan and he defended what Kim Davis was doing to a point where I thought he went over the line since I could understand accommodating everyone when possible but the fact that she imposed her beliefs on others in the office and he supported that, just not a good fit for POTUS. I could support Carson.

I don't think they'll run Bernie Sanders. If the wealthy had their picks, it would Bush and Biden, "the devil and the deep blue sea' sort of choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections