Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 02:19 PM

269 posts, read 178,470 times

Advertisements

She's doesn't beat trump if he gets the nomination. Trump will get all of the crazy right, he'll win the independent vote, and he'll get a considerable push from first time voters that think our two party system is nonsense. If he can get past whoever the republican establishment gets behind, he'll show his true colors, and people will find out just how moderate trump is on a lot of issues.

At the end of the day, the right will still support him because his last name isn't Clinton, and he'll receive a push from an unprecedented amount of first time voters, new republicans, and men of all races. The kidos, hipsters, and old school hippies aren't going to get behind the Hill-dog either. The college and far left vote will be extremely low in this election once Bernie is gone.

Prepare to be blown away at what happens next November. Mark my words, the electoral map is going to look like it did in 1980 if Trump wins the Republican nomination. People are tired of the BS. The people want someone that can convince Washington to stop spending our money on things that can't be fixed, that also won't get us involved in anymore stupid wars. They want someone with a set of balls for once too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 02:21 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
I am so tired of the Clinton and Bush Dynasties. If Clinton is elected, it will be four more years of Obama.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:25 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
She's doesn't beat trump if he gets the nomination. Trump will get all of the crazy right, he'll win the independent vote, and he'll get a considerable push from first time voters that think our two party system is BS. If he can get past whoever the republican establishment gets behind, he'll show his true colors, and people will find out just how moderate trump is on a lot of issues.

At the end of the day, the right will still support him because his last name isn't Clinton, and he'll receive a push from an unprecedented amount of first time voters, new republicans, and men of all races. The kidos, hipsters, and old school hippies aren't going to get behind the Hill-dog either. The college and far left vote will be extremely low in this election once Bernie is gone.

Prepare to be blown away at what happens next November. Mark my words, the electoral map is going to look like it did in 1980 if Trump wins the Republican nomination..
Bernie Sanders trounces Trump in general election match-ups though. Doing better than Hillary against Trump.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:28 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
The republican race looks to be shaping up as Rubio versus Cruz. It is hard to see either of them winning enough electoral votes to beat Clinton.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:29 PM

45,399 posts, read 60,592,880 times
I'm just trying figure out where the time's gone with the election being held next week.

I don't even remember the conventions or the acceptance speeches of either candidate, let alone what happened at the debates.

A year (let's say 7 months for the conventions) is a lifetime in politics. Ask Ed Muskie about inevitability 4 months out before the first primary or caucus. Or Gary Hart. Or even Hilary Clinton.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:34 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
It's smart for Republicans to put out the Hillary is a certainty narrative. The only hope Republicans have no matter who is running is that Dems and dem-leaning Indies stay home. These groups are known to be a lazy, unengaged lot and if Clinton looks like a sure thing, then they might skip voting. Reps, on the other hand, vote against the opponent, more than for their own. So they show up regardless.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:35 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Trump successfully pressures Ford to move Mexican plant to Ohio | www.prntly.com

"This comes as good news for Mr. Trump as polling shows that he would have electoral college sweep if he were paired against Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton."
Prntly.com is making the Onion appear to be a reputable news source.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:04 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
Sadly, it's looking like another 4 years of politics as usual, and a likely another 8 years. Any democrat, especially Hillary, or republican, except Trump, are bought and paid for politicians. The oligarchs will assure their reign will continue as they drive the US into a second world economy.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:06 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
what makes you so sure? What has she got to boast about? What has she done? What makes her qualified? She's a liar, and she is dishonest. Why should she be president?
because she is one tough *****!

Old 10-26-2015, 03:30 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,824 times
It's still way too soon for a confident prediction, but if I had to bet I'd pick Hilary. I was tepid towards her for a long time, but the more I see her, the more I like her. She's smart, knowledgeable, composed, mentally tough, and knows the political ropes better than anyone as far as I can tell.

While Trump is still polling well, he strikes me as the opposite of Hilary: The more exposure he gets, the less appealing he is. I don't see Carson having much long-term appeal either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections