Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former First Lady Hillary Clinton addressed the question of political dynasties on Thursday with a one-liner that she hoped would allay concerns over two families dominating the White House for decades if she becomes president next year.

Clinton says she'll clean up after Bush dynasty - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 09:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former First Lady Hillary Clinton addressed the question of political dynasties on Thursday with a one-liner that she hoped would allay concerns over two families dominating the White House for decades if she becomes president next year.

Clinton says she'll clean up after Bush dynasty - Yahoo! News (broken link)
She's also claiming that B Clinton had to clean up the Bush Sr mess.. More likely that B Clinton had to capitalize upon the programs that Bush Sr put into place because I dont recall Clinton cleaning up much.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:52 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,738 times
What then? After the witch is done screwing up the country even more will we have another Bush to clean up after a Clinton and then another Clinton to clean up after a Bush? When is this nightmarish, vicious cycle going to end? Wake up America, your country is at stake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:36 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,759,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
She's also claiming that B Clinton had to clean up the Bush Sr mess.. More likely that B Clinton had to capitalize upon the programs that Bush Sr put into place because I dont recall Clinton cleaning up much.
Exactly! I have a pretty decent memory that Bush Sr. left the country in a pretty strong position. Not to take away from Bill, he did a good job of keeping things straight and no one can argue we had a great economy under him. But the stage was set by Bush. Too bad his kid didn't ask for a bit of help...

Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,537,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
What then? After the witch is done screwing up the country even more will we have another Bush to clean up after a Clinton and then another Clinton to clean up after a Bush? When is this nightmarish, vicious cycle going to end? Wake up America, your country is at stake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hillary for 8 yrs.

Then Jeb for 8 yrs.

Then Chelsea for 8 yrs.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Exactly! I have a pretty decent memory that Bush Sr. left the country in a pretty strong position. Not to take away from Bill, he did a good job of keeping things straight and no one can argue we had a great economy under him. But the stage was set by Bush. Too bad his kid didn't ask for a bit of help...
I remember the stock market crash in 87 while I was in college (end of Reagan's administration), and then not being able to find a job after college in 1990 and then having more trouble in 92 after graduate school... as ignorant and selfish as that sounds, this is what I remember about Bush I. When I did find a job, in mid 92, I garnered huge bonuses because the work started really cooking starting in 1995. So for me, personally, I don't remember Bush I putting the country in a strong position for me economically.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:48 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Hillary for 8 yrs.

Then Jeb for 8 yrs.

Then Chelsea for 8 yrs.

Then Jenna for eight.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:58 AM..

Old 02-01-2008, 11:08 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post

I've got a bumper sticker ready to go if Hillary wins the Dem nomination.

Right to left, mug shots of Bush I, Bill, Bush II, and Hillary. Caption: ENOUGH, ALREADY.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:17 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Give me a break. That is such a tired played out Republican excuse. The last thing the Republicans should be doing these days is invoking EITHER Bush's legacy.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times
I think it's awesome that she said that and delivered it very well too, I might add. I don't understand all the Hillary bashing anyway. I've been on her website reading her plans and how she plans to pay for them and I'm very impressed. I had to sign up for Obama's site which I don't want to do so I haven't read his. But she knows where our problems are and what will fix them. I'm a registered Republican but the days of voting b/c of party affiliation are over for me. I wouldn't vote for ANY of the Republican guys unless someone was holding a gun to my head! The country wasn't in as bad a shape after Bush I as it is now with Bush II but Clinton was a good president and did some really good things for this country. I don't care who the man sleeps with. There are very few folks in this country who can afford to fling stones. We need to look at the economic mess the US is in and elect someone who will fix it. Like it or not, Clinton had the best record in that department. I don't want to hear about the Rep. house then either. He had to fight tooth and nail to get things done b/c of those Rep. I am researching both Obama and Clinton and will make a decision. Don't care if he's black and she's a woman. I'll vote for the one who I feel will help straighten this poor country out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections