Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 10:28 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,606,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Key to winning will be voter turnout. I don't care if Hillary Clinton has 99% of the black vote (made up example) if only 11% show up to vote on Election Day. I do not know whether Republican candidates have plans in place to get people to the polls to vote in the primaries. Haven't read anything about the latter.
Republicans won't show up in droves, as some Trump fans expect. Republican support, at the moment, is spread out among 15 candidates. Carson's support is already surpassing Trump's, and that's likely because those people are anti-Trump. The two candidates take fundamentally different approaches to politics, and their supporters like the candidate's style.

By the time support starts condensing, I think we'll find out that Trump's support isn't as broad as he would like us to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 10:37 AM

4 posts, read 2,035 times
So Carson's support is already surpassing Trump's, hey? Based on what?

Old 11-09-2015, 10:44 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,606,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be'ElzA View Post
So Carson's support is already surpassing Trump's, hey? Based on what?
Election 2016: CBS/NYT Poll: Ben Carson edges out Donald Trump - CBS News

Old 11-09-2015, 10:48 AM

1,676 posts, read 945,849 times
That's one poll, and NYT is a biased liberal poll that hopes anyone would become the leader over The Donald. The fact is that most polls still show Trump winning, even if only by a slight margin.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:56 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump's going to pick a running mate that he thinks has an untreated pathological disease ????

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump says primary rival Ben Carson’s violent childhood indicates that he has a “pathological disease†that has still not been treated.

“When you suffer from pathological disease, you’re not really getting better unless you start taking pills and things,†Trump said on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor†on Friday.

Trump: Carson should
Good point. Given that Trump has pretty much lambasted and insulted all of his primary rivals in one shape or form, assuming he's gotten the nomination, I seriously doubt any of the other also-rans are gonna sign up for VP. Probably someone from outside.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:07 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
I guarantee you that if there is bad blood between Carson and Trump
and if one fails to endorse the other, neither will win the GOP nomination.

See the first post.
These two cannot win alone. You might not believe me yet but you will
when one of them is out and Rubio or Bush is polling 50% in a 3-man field.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:19 AM

1,676 posts, read 945,849 times
Won't happen. Even if Carson's supporters don't go to Trump and Carson doesn't endorse him, that support will go to Cruz. Trump will choose Cruz as his VP---there's a reason they haven't attacked each other, besides being friends.

Cruz is young and Latino. Trump may be very active, but he needs someone young and a minority to appeal to the Hispanics, as he has said he plans to win their vote and "loves the Hispanics". He also needs someone more religious and conservative than he is, as there are doubts as to how evangelical and Republican he truly is. He also needs someone with political experience and someone who is against the establishment. Cruz is all of these things. And Cruz will not want to see Gang of 8 Rubio or Jeb in office anymore than Donald Trump would. They will combine and defeat the establishment candidates and the other losers running.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:27 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Trump will choose Cruz as his VP---there's a reason they haven't attacked each other, besides being friends.
i'm fairly certain that there will be some kind of trump/cruz connection as the campaigns progress but i doubt it will be cruz in a VP slot. my bet goes for trump "choosing" ( not "quitting" ) to not continue his campaign ( for some grandiose and patriotic reason ) and giving his full endorsement to cruz.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Nice exercise in speculation, but the odds are neither will be on the final GOP ticket and the Repubs should be happy that they will not be, Trump is a Big Win for the Dems and Carson just makes the GOP look stupid and dishonest.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:45 AM

4 posts, read 2,035 times
One poll. Two, if you add in WSJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections