Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 PM

312 posts, read 268,459 times

Advertisements

Based off of all 4 debates on the Republican side, both Rubio and Fiorina have been deemed winners twice. What are the chances in them becoming a ticket? Rubio is young, accomplished, appeals to millennial and well as minorities (which Republicans need to win), while Fiorina (while many may consider her record at HP bad, it was actually better then most think) defeats the lefts redundant idea of the rights "War on Women", knows a lot of world leaders, breast cancer survivor so she understand the medicare system well, etc. A Fiorina/Clinton debate would be a quite a thing to watch (probably better ratings than the Fox News GOP debate)

To me, this is the ticket that would make Democrats s**t in their pants. What are the chances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:32 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
I really like Fiorina, but she's untested when it comes to government. I'd like to see her in a Cabinet position first.

I think Rubio would be well served by individuals like Susanna Martinez (who is very popular among all factions of the party), Tim Scott (a Tea Party pick), or Kelly Ayotte (a female Republican Senator elected in a generally Democratic state).

Old 11-11-2015, 08:36 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
No chance. Rubio has his money on Trump wanting him as VP. Rubio has a reputation as a butt kisser. He tries to ingratiate himself to people who can help his career move forward. Why doesn't he ever have a bad word for Donald Trump? It's part of his plan....

Old 11-11-2015, 08:37 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
No chance. Rubio has his money on Trump wanting him as VP. Rubio has a reputation as a butt kisser. He tries to ingratiate himself to people who can help his career move forward. Why doesn't he ever have a bad word for Donald Trump? It's part of his plan....
You honestly think Trump is going to win the nomination? You're being as crazy as Trump fans usually are.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:41 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Nope, its gonna be Carson. *just kidding*

Old 11-11-2015, 09:19 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Rubio and Fiorina? Perish the thought!

Old 11-11-2015, 09:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I really like Fiorina, but she's untested when it comes to government. I'd like to see her in a Cabinet position first.
But she can't answer a single question with facts. She sounds great, but she says something entirely unrelated to whatever a moderator asks her.

Moderator: justNancy, how do you feel about the weather today? It's been unseasonably warm.
justNancy: Yes, the reason prices are so high in the supermarkets is because of the lunar eclipse.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
defeats the lefts redundant idea of the rights "War on Women", knows a lot of world leaders, breast cancer survivor so she understand the medicare system well, etc. A Fiorina/Clinton debate would be a quite a thing to watch (probably better ratings than the Fox News GOP debate)

To me, this is the ticket that would make Democrats s**t in their pants. What are the chances?
No chance, but I'm sure the Democrats would love it.

Will you please explain what you mean by "so she understands the Medicare system well."

How is her experience with breast cancer related to Medicare? Just asking.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:47 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post

VP can be a real dead end to the presidency. Often they have to keep a low profile and history forgets them. Just ask Dan Quayle who?

It seems Rubio wants it very badly, if not this year then the next election or the next.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:48 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
This crop of GOPers is so incredibly weak that I really have to wonder why they are even news worthy. Whoever wins the nomination will be absolutely trounced in the election and not because they are conservatives but because they are clueless nitwits. I've long joked that Mickey Mouse could win the nomination for POTUS. Little did I think it would get worse than that in reality. The GOP has really scraped the bottom of the barrel this time. Not a single decent nominee in the bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections