Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 01:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your fellow Republicans are sick and tired of the Republicans lying to them.
So now it is just the Republican party that lies? I don't think so. The only really strong point Trump has going that has gotten so many excited is his illegal alian policy, which isn't workable. Ask your Republican friends if you have any, if they are supporting him and if so why? I bet you will not find many that really are. It is simply many of his supporters are a little more verbal, like Paul supporters were.

I happen to also feel and God only knows I am not as often right as I am wrong, Trump himself is starting to wonder what he is doing in the race? He started out to feed his ego, never dreaming so many might actually take him seriously. Now he is thinking: HOLY CRAP what do I do next? I happen to think he might, later if not sooner bow out.

Of course that will leave the party with some good choices when it comes to beating the number one liar of them all: Ms Clinton!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,606,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So now it is just the Republican party that lies? I don't think so. The only really strong point Trump has going that has gotten so many excited is his illegal alian policy, which isn't workable. Ask your Republican friends if you have any, if they are supporting him and if so why? I bet you will not find many that really are. It is simply many of his supporters are a little more verbal, like Paul supporters were.

I happen to also feel and God only knows I am not as often right as I am wrong, Trump himself is starting to wonder what he is doing in the race? He started out to feed his ego, never dreaming so many might actually take him seriously. Now he is thinking: HOLY CRAP what do I do next? I happen to think he might, later if not sooner bow out.

Of course that will leave the party with some good choices when it comes to beating the number one liar of them all: Ms Clinton!!!
I come from a long line of Republicans. Out of the 7 or 8 people in my family who I know are supporting Republicans prior to the primary, none of them are supporting Trump.

Here's my observation: If you like Trump, you're probably already reflected in Trump's polling (which has been going down, BTW). In my experience, people supporting other candidates do NOT like Trump. Once candidates start dropping out, and support is consolidated, I imagine that we'll see Trump's numbers start to get eclipsed. Trump fans are simply the loudest and most obnoxious, which is why at first sight, they seem to be more numerous than they really are.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:54 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
While he's winning the RNC battle, he appears to turning a lot of voters off (high unfavorables), and Independents and Democratic will surely turn their backs on him.......thus losing the war.
Your statement has no factual basis.
The polls tell the story, and he is still leading the race.
All this crap about his demise is just wishful thinking among you liberals.

Bob.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I come from a long line of Republicans. Out of the 7 or 8 people in my family who I know are supporting Republicans prior to the primary, none of them are supporting Trump.

Here's my observation: If you like Trump, you're probably already reflected in Trump's polling (which has been going down, BTW). In my experience, people supporting other candidates do NOT like Trump. Once candidates start dropping out, and support is consolidated, I imagine that we'll see Trump's numbers start to get eclipsed. Trump fans are simply the loudest and most obnoxious, which is why at first sight, they seem to be more numerous than they really are.
Our immediant family, ranging in age from 78 down to 28 are all republicans, some very conservative, some more on the liberal side, at least socially. We are from all parts of the country, even though most of us live in AR now. We are a mixture of Christain, Jews, and agnositcs. 2 are Mexican or part Mexican. Not a one is supporting Trump. To go even further,we have friends and more distant relatives all over the country, none of them are supporting him either. I know this is a small representation but it does say something. Oh and will add, most of the group have college degrees, some with advanced degrees.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Bob.
Uh, no, there are a fair number of Republicans that want Trump gone too. Just because Trump fans are the loudest members of the party doesn't mean that they speak for all of us.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Our immediant family, ranging in age from 78 down to 28 are all republicans, some very conservative, some more on the liberal side, at least socially. We are from all parts of the country, even though most of us live in AR now. We are a mixture of Christain, Jews, and agnositcs. 2 are Mexican or part Mexican. Not a one is supporting Trump. To go even further,we have friends and more distant relatives all over the country, none of them are supporting him either. I know this is a small representation but it does say something. Oh and will add, most of the group have college degrees, some with advanced degrees.
I can't figure out where Trump is pulling all of his support from in the polls. Is it perhaps because people aren't really tuned-into the race yet, but are simply giving out Trump's name to pollsters because of the sound bites they hear on the news? Delving into Trump's past, and his current campaign, prove that he is not suitable to run for president as a Republican, so it amazes me that very Conservative members of the party are supporting him in the polls. Luckily, as a candidate, he seems to be getting more ridiculous than refined, so that should knock his poll numbers down over time.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:04 PM

633 posts, read 640,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Bob.
Are you kidding me? Liberals would LOVE for trump to win the primary- his polling vs. Hillary Clinton in the general election is the worst of anyone running in the field right now.

Quote:
I can't figure out where Trump is pulling all of his support from in the polls. Is it perhaps because people aren't really tuned-into the race yet, but are simply giving out Trump's name to pollsters because of the sound bites they hear on the news? Delving into Trump's past, and his current campaign, prove that he is not suitable to run for president as a Republican, so it amazes me that very Conservative members of the party are supporting him in the polls. Luckily, as a candidate, he seems to be getting more ridiculous than refined, so that should knock his poll numbers down over time.
A little over 50% of republican primary voters have a strong preference for a political outsider in the primary. This bunch is almost evenly split between Carson and Trump, with Carson having a much higher percentage of evangelical voters.

This crowd has very little intention of voting for any of the establishment candidates (Bush/Rubio/Cruz/etc) and if either of the two frontrunners drops out, the support of the other goes up by double digits making them nearly impossible to unseat.

This may be the most entertaining primary season I've ever seen. This kind of reaction is absolutely unprecedented.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
So they choose to support a former Liberal who advocated socialized medicine and higher income tax brackets for the rich? Trump's lying to them when he says that he is a Conservative, which is the most ironic thing.
No, they have chosen to give a big middle finger to the establishment Republican's that have lied and ignored them.

It's not about Trump even though Trump is the only one listening to them concerning illegal immigration.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Me? A Republican?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha takes breath hahahahahahahahahahaha uses inhaler hahahahahahah loses balance and falls off chair hahahahahahahahahahaha.....
I addressed that to you? Do you understand how quotes work?

Old 11-13-2015, 02:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Topic #1068 made on CD stating that Trump will not last.

It's just another argument that only establishment status quo candidates picked by the MSM & paid for by the elite are only suitable for President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections