Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 02:35 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times

Advertisements

Someone needs to tell Obama to pull out of Syria. The King has proclaimed, "This Isn't America's Fight".

'This isn't America's fight': Rivals pounce on Hillary's claim that US cannot take lead role in defeating ISIS and her refusal to denounce 'radical Islam'

Too bad Democrats will nominate her anyway to be Commander in Chief.

Photo of King at Debate What Me Worry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 02:52 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Clinton: "20:08:43:00 Well, John I think that– we have to look at ISIS as the leading threat of an international terror network. It cannot be contained, it must be defeated. There is no question in my mind that if we summon our resources, both our leadership resources and all of the tools at our disposal, not just military force which should be used as a last resort, but our diplomacy, our development aid, law enforcement, sharing of intelligence in a much more– open and cooperative way– that we can bring people together.

Clinton: "20:09:18:00 But it cannot be an American fight. And I think what the president has consistently said– which I agree with– is that we will support those who take the fight to ISIS. That is why we have troops in Iraq that are helping to train and build back up the Iraqi military, why we have special operators in Syria working with the Kurds and Arabs so that we can be supportive. But this cannot be an American fight, although American leadership is essential."

http://time.com/4113434/transcript-r...cratic-debate/

Old 11-15-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

Clinton: "20:09:18:00 But it cannot be an American fight.
Let's see. ISIS attacks America. Declares War on America. Yet she says this isn't an American Fight.

Nonsense.

This kind of thinking is why ISIS hasn't been defeated.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:33 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see. ISIS attacks America. Declares War on America. Yet she says this isn't an American Fight.

Nonsense.

This kind of thinking is why ISIS hasn't been defeated.
When did ISIS attack America?

Old 11-15-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
When did ISIS attack America?
They clearly claimed responsibility for the attempt at the mass shooting in Garland Texas. and the Thugs had claimed allegence to ISIL before they got sent to spend time with Allah.

Fortunately a hand gun dispatched those terrorists in short order.

It's clearly America's fight. That could have been a massive tragedy had it not been stopped by those brave men.

And King Hillary acts like this isn't America's fight. Ridiculous.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:42 PM

563 posts, read 524,762 times
I think that there is some confusion as to what Hillary meant when she said during the debate that, "Isis is not an American fight." What I thought she meant was it that America would not be the go to, ultimate our responsibility, to ensure the irradiation of ISIS. She does not think Isis can be contained, but that it has to go. I think we have been there before. Look at our debt if you are still confused and how much our commitment to the war on terror has cost the US. Wars cost money. Seems the ones that want it most, are the ones that complain 24/7 about the debt. It is all back to the "I want my cake and I want to eat it too." It is not possible.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
I'm actually on Hillary's side. Since we have ISIS training camps in the US and one sitting just outside the border and only God, truly only God, knows how many we have ready to attack us from within, I don't see how going and bombing them overseas is going to be a big win especially with our military forces having been reduced to make us more vulnerable.

Before we start this crap, we need flush out the camps here and any illegal ISIS in the country and build our military.

Europe has armies, right?

Old 11-15-2015, 03:47 PM

When America is attacked, then it becomes America's fight. Doesn't matter what other countries decide to do.

As far as wasted money is concerned, chalk that up to incompetance by the Obama administration. They hold the same viewpoint as Hillary. The results speak for themselves.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:55 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
I think Isis needs to be eliminated, but it is the world's fight, not just American one.

I think all the allies need to join America, especially Saudi Arabia and all these other filthy rich Muslim countries. The only boots on the ground should be the Muslims, it is their fight. Now, you see Muslim countries (many of them at least) don't even take refugees. what's up with that?

Everybody needs to fight.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Everybody needs to fight.
And if they don't, whose war is it then?

America is attacked, it's America's problem to fix.

Hillary is doing what the Clinton's always do. Weasel wording so she can later say she didn't "mean it". Doesn't stand for anything, won't take responsibility for anything. Very bad characteristics for a person trying to be President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections