Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 06:38 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Trump gets 27 percent of Republican voters today, with 17 percent for Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, 16 percent each for Carson and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and 5 percent for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. No other candidate tops 3 percent, with 8 percent undecided.

Last month, Trump had 24 percent, with 23 percent for Carson. Among Republicans, 26 percent of voters say they "would definitely not support" Trump, with 21 percent who would not back Bush.
Link: National (US) Poll - December 2, 2015 - Bump For Trump As Carson Fades | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

Rubio with a nice surge. I think he's our best option to defeat Hillary.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: National (US) Poll - December 2, 2015 - Bump For Trump As Carson Fades | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

Rubio with a nice surge. I think he's our best option to defeat Hillary.
In that I agree, Carson is slipping, trump is stuck, Cruz is despised, Rubio is the only one that comes off as a valid threat even if some far righties hate him.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:47 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
In that I agree, Carson is slipping, trump is stuck, Cruz is despised, Rubio is the only one that comes off as a valid threat even if some far righties hate him.
I agree. It would be nice to see a Rubio/Kasich or Rubio/Walker ticket. I could even go for a Rubio/Christie ticket, although I can't see Christie consenting to being second fiddle.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:50 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree. It would be nice to see a Rubio/Kasich, Rubio/Walker, or even Rubio/Christie ticket.
I could live with any of those.

Trump doesn't seem to be losing any steam though. Although I agree with a lot of what Trump says, I don't really think we need Obama Version 2.0 (i.e. Trump) in office. What I mean is that Trump acts a lot like Obama in that he dehumanizes and personally attacks anyone who disagrees with him, just like Obama.

We need a President who will govern ALL Americans, not just one party. Yeah, it would be nice to see the Democrats get the treatment that Republicans have gotten from Obama for 8 years, but that isn't going to be good for the country.

Rubio is young enough and pragmatic enough to realize that in order to do big things that ultimately succeed, everyone needs to be part of the process. Not just the zealots on one side, which is how Obama has governed.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree. It would be nice to see a Rubio/Kasich or Rubio/Walker ticket. I could even go for a Rubio/Christie ticket, although I can't see Christie consenting to being second fiddle.
I like any of those except /Walker, the guy makes my skin crawl.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Who hates Rubio? He's just not qualified to be President at this time. Let him go home and run and serve as governor or run a business to prove he's up to the task of being a do-er instead of a talker. Then he can take another shot at "president." Right now we have no idea if this man can produce anything, solve problems, work within a budget, implement his ideas, get things done. All we know is he knows stuff, can criticize people who are do-ers and talk a good game.

Last edited by LauraC; 12-02-2015 at 10:02 AM..

Old 12-02-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Who hates him? He's just not qualified to be President at this time. Let him go home and run and serve as governor or run a business to prove he's up to the task of being a do-er instead of a talker. Then he can take another shot at "president." Right now we have no idea if this man can produce anything, solve problems, work within a budget, implement his ideas, get things done. All we know is he knows stuff, can criticize people who are do-ers and talk a good game.
When he starts doing things that actually matter maybe I will change my mind, so far I and many Texans are not impressed with his antics, that goes for Washington also. Talk is Cheap, actually doing some hard work and accomplishing something is what gets support and praise.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:02 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Rubio couldn't defeat Hillary. He isn't the first candidate that we have seen rise and fall. I can actually not see one reason why he would be elected and half dozen that he wouldn't.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:16 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Rubio couldn't defeat Hillary. He isn't the first candidate that we have seen rise and fall. I can actually not see one reason why he would be elected and half dozen that he wouldn't.
I agree. The GOPe will endorse Rubio because he can be manipulated - think Gang of 8.

They know they can't manipulate Ted Cruz. And they certainly don't want their lies exposed - think Mitch McConnell. Ted Cruz won't let them "play" Republican.

I don't put much stock in polling, as it's proved to be inaccurate, but if this poll were accurate, which is unlikely, it has Carson, Cruz and Rubio tied for third, factoring in the margin of error.

You also have to take into account the "leaners" being polled. Many Republican leaners are Independents who have voted for a Democrat in the past, probably voting for Obama twice. I'd rather see a poll that is sampling "likely" registered Republicans voters.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Who hates Rubio? He's just not qualified to be President at this time. Let him go home and run and serve as governor or run a business to prove he's up to the task of being a do-er instead of a talker. Then he can take another shot at "president." Right now we have no idea if this man can produce anything, solve problems, work within a budget, implement his ideas, get things done. All we know is he knows stuff, can criticize people who are do-ers and talk a good game.
Opps, I thought you were talking about Cruz. as for Rubio I said good things about him, and would seriously consider him. I was referring to Cruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections