Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 11:02 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,665,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yes -- On the condition that they've never been to any of the countries notorious for being hotbeds of troublemakers (Saudi Arabia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc) unless they were there to work with a legitimate organization (Red Cross, Peace Corps, multinational company on business, etc).
OK, cool.

You do understand that under your proposal it will be easy for terrorist organizations to recruit Muslim citizens of those European countries, who have never been to the ME, and have them travel to the U.S., right?

Do you not think that terrorists are smart enough to adapt to your "rules?"

Old 12-08-2015, 01:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Maybe if you hope to completely defy the Constitution.

Are you an Obama supporter? You sound like one.
Why? Because I can acknowledge that Cheney has done a lot of harm to the country? Obama is a fool, Cheney is dangerous.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I'm willing to bet that the solutions of Sanders and Cheney are polar opposite and besides, Cheney is lying here.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:49 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,283,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Cheney told radio host Hugh Hewitt the idea of banning a whole group of people on religious grounds “goes against everything we stand for and believe in.”

Dick Cheney Dismisses Trump

funny, Cheney in the same interview said: Still, the former vice president admitted, the United States faces a serious problem trying to ensure no Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists slip in among the Syrian refugees being taken in.
"You've got to set up a vetting process," he said.
"Safe zones" inside Syria seem like a better solution, Cheney said.

well right there he is questioning our current vetting process, the same thing Trump is doing.

Trump is proposing lets not take anymore in until we figure out what is going on and do some serious reforming in our vetting process since this President has no clue.

FDR would have done the same thing during WW 2 and he is a hero for liberals.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:37 AM

563 posts, read 525,189 times
You can be as mad as you want. Agree with Cheney all you like. But, at the end of the day, the average man on the street is hearing the new TRUMP rhetoric, and his message is going to resonate. Terrorist in San Bernardino. Terrorist in Paris. Terrorist will soon be in the closet, or under the bed or hiding in the backseat of your car waiting to get you. The boogie man is here!!! And there does not seem to be anyway to make this monster go away. Not even my parents can. Right now, nobody can provide a safe place for us or really, anyone.

Dick Cheney is the voice of reason? Does this guy have any shred of credibility? I don't think so. He is Mr Halliburton. He just did not sell his soul, which I guess is his prerogative, but may have sold out the US wholesale! Did we forget about that? That is the problem these days, people can't remember yesterday or last week! Forget about anything that happened over 6 months ago, cause, in real time now, it really may not have occurred. It is like a bad hair cut. Slowly it grows out and goes away. All is forgotten. That is fine for haircuts, but not really major things like this. Cheney is just bad news.

So TRUMP? I think he works it like he means it. He knows what people want to hear. I am surprised that no one has mentioned that this is not a war, and yet it is a war. It is not like the US v Russia or Russia v Iran, it is a cultural war. We have no experience as a country or as a people in how even to tackle that scenario. Is it a "Crusade?" Don't say that word out loud! Someone will surely chastise you. But other people can say Jihad and Shuria or whatever the other words there are for "Holy War," and it is just dandy. Can't get enough of it. "They are just expressing their feelings," and that is ok. Really?

I think it is time to grow some. TRUMP may not be right, but he surely is not wrong either. You cannot have it both ways.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:07 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,431,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm willing to bet that the solutions of Sanders and Cheney are polar opposite and besides, Cheney is lying here.

That's not point, they're both in agreement that Trump's plan is just about the most despicable idea ever uttered by a presidential candidate in the modern era.

What exactly is Cheney lying about?

Old 12-08-2015, 03:22 AM

30,487 posts, read 19,246,478 times
Cheney was dead wrong about attacking Iraq and now this. Nice guy but not a good decision maker.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:14 AM

957 posts, read 1,135,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
First time I agree with Cheney. Trump is foul and ignorant. I think this is the beginning of the end for Trump.
I don't think this at all
muslims are a tiny minority in America and one not powerful, most Jews, Whites, Latinos, Asians and Blacks all despise Muslims, they represents the perfect scapegoat

Old 12-08-2015, 04:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,495,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
I don't think this at all
muslims are a tiny minority in America and one not powerful, most Jews, Whites, Latinos, Asians and Blacks all despise Muslims, they represents the perfect scapegoat
Never heard anything like this ever polled, reported. Especially the Latinos, Asians, Blacks. Most Whites despise Muslims? Is this your opinion? I'd think any minority group would see this as being unfair and would think that unless your a White American, you're screwed in this country if Trump is POTUS.

Should be interesting to see how these bigoted comments/planned actions by Trump will affect upcoming polls.

Last edited by BucFan; 12-08-2015 at 04:46 AM..

Old 12-08-2015, 05:30 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No one has a right guaranteed by the Constitution to come here. The Constitution is for those that are here.

Are you trying to say that everyone in the world has the right to come here ? Where is that in the Constitution ?
The First Amendment prohibits Congress from making law impeding the free exercise of religion. Can you point out where an exception is made as a qualifier for immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.