Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:23 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
My prediction, establishment wins, people lose, again.

Welcome to the never ending cycle of the lesser of two evils.
I agree.

That tells me that we either have a bunch of loonies who are voting and or we are full of totally misinformed voters who do not look past there nose. All goes back to my idea that people are actually a bunch of followers who cannot make decisions base on information.
Sad that we are going that direction.

Any way McCain, Hillary or Obama wins we ALL lose many rights.
Each of these will probably pick the next supreme court justice which will inturn be giving your personal property away and so many other personal rights you used to have.

Edwards dropped out and I personally believe that both Huckabee and Paul should have dropped out before tomorrows election. They have no chance in the world of winning and are now causing the country to divide and will certainly cause the best candidate or the worst candidate votes.

Sad that we have become a bunch of pack followers who cannot make a wise decison on there own.

If you want more government in your life then go ahead, if you want illegal immigration to destroy this country even more go ahead, if you want the economy that effects every single one of us to continue to fail go ahead.

We all have the right to vote, but we all need to make choices based on what effects YOU and not what some stupid freak side show commentator tells you to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 04:30 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
McCain will win on the GOP side. Obama will win on the Dem side, although this will not be settled until the convention. If it's a McCain-Obama contest, I (a Republican) will vote for Obama. If it's a McCain-Clinton contest, it's a no-brainer: I'll vote for McCain.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:32 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
I agree. I think uneducated voters are one of our biggest problems. I remember back in '92 when MTV had the "rock the vote" campaign and praised Clinton so much. These were people who knew nothing about politics and real world issues, they were basically kids who thought it was cool that Bill Clinton could play a sax. I was only 13 years old at the time and even I realized it.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:57 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Hillary
Romney

In Nov, I hope to God it is Romney before we don't have a country left.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,840,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Obama ...

......I said New York would win the Super Bowl.
I hope you're right...ABC...anybody but Clinton

Old 02-04-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The American public will get screwed and be forced to accept more government intrusion into their daily lives. That's the only prediction that will come true based on current polls.
That goes for whomever wins on the Dem side and Rep. side (except for Paul).

Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
My prediction, establishment wins, people lose, again.

Welcome to the never ending cycle of the lesser of two evils.
You got it!!! BINGO!!!

I added a lot of comments to other posts w/o offering a prediction for tomorrow's votes..forgive me. Here it goes:

McCain, unfortunately, will do very well overall, but I expect that Romney will not have a totally awful night ( I think he will win California, but barely)

The Dem side is harder to predict, but I have to say the wicked witch from the east will do O-K, but Obama I think will take some important contests and make Hillbilly's life difficult, which I enjoy seeing. Good luck Obama.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Go Romney and Obama!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:41 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Not what i want but -- McCain and Clinton for sure!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
I hate to wish ill on anyone, but I'd prefer that McCain would keel over before the sheeple make him the Republican nominee...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections