Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I believe this war in Syria will go on well into 2017, and I am positive Putin, and Trump will work out a deal to finish it once and for all.
It will take compromise on all involved, and I don't believe Putin will be holding any "trump" card to get things his way.
There will be more compromises regarding the US and Russia, and this will only be the start.
Naturally it all relies on Trump being President.

I don't think Putin would be near as obliging if someone else were President.
He knows Trump is a tough negotiator, unlike the present tenant in the white house, and he also knows Trump can not be hustled.
Bob.
trump is a business man... getting otu of Syria is good business... just not good business for the war mongers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 12:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Well of course Putin would want Trump the Birther win, he saw how weak his negotiation skills are. Putin would have Trump sitting on his lap and eating out of his hand by their first meeting as Trump caved to every demand Putin had.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:41 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
This article seems to put Putin in a different light than his previous positions.
Could it be he sees the writing on the wall, and realizes the possibility of having to deal with a President Trump may be in his, and his country's best interest?

He is in no way showing weakness, but rather a real desire to compromise on important issues.
Could it be he believes there will be a president Trump who he can not only respect, but work with, instead of the do nothing fool in the white house presently?

The article got me wondering.
Putin says Russia is ready to improve ties with US | Fox News

Bob.

The Right always believe there is not a dishonest bone in Putin's body. Real genius they are.

Well, if Putin say Russia is ready to improve ties with us, then he must mean what he says.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:04 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well of course Putin would want Trump the Birther win, he saw how weak his negotiation skills are. Putin would have Trump sitting on his lap and eating out of his hand by their first meeting as Trump caved to every demand Putin had.

Are you using the name Trump to refer to the WH muzzie?

El Nox

Old 12-18-2015, 05:04 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And, the right's bromance with Vladimir continues.

Surely the drunk Senator from Wisconsin spins in his grave over this dalliance with a damn COMMUNIST!
The communist is in the White House. Russia has seen the light. Fearless leader has not.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:35 AM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The communist is in the White House. Russia has seen the light. Fearless leader has not.
Well Putin just had one of his planes shot down and ....nothing, looks like he went a little to far and got what he asked for. If that was a US plane Obama would be weak for not repsonding but not with Putin of course. How's that Russian economy doing, great strategy alienating the UN.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Yep, Trump/Putin the phrase "birds of a feather" comes to mind. Say, I don't now if he has a porch but, do you think Trump can see Russia from his Ivory Tower?

Old 12-18-2015, 06:10 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Default Looks like the love affair is mutual: Putin praises Trump

I can see the attraction. The two men are cut from the same cloth. If you want a narcissistic demagogue with little regard for due process, the rule of law and democracy, Trump's your man. Putin can't wait to do business with him. It will be great for Putin to have a partner in the White House who has even less scruples than he does.

https://gma.yahoo.com/russian-presid...pstories.html#

Old 12-18-2015, 06:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I can see the attraction. The two men are cut from the same cloth. If you want a narcissistic demagogue with little regard for due process, the rule of law and democracy, Trump's your man. Putin can't wait to do business with him. It will be great for Putin to have a partner in the White House who has even less scruples than he does.

https://gma.yahoo.com/russian-presid...pstories.html#

Just caught his interview on MSNBC. They reminded Trump that Putin just invaded a sovereign nation, had journalist killed. STILL, Trump is enamored with Putin.

Donald Trump praises Vladimir Putin after being asked about him killing journalists | Business Insider

Scarborough pointed to Putin’s status as a notorious strongman.

“Well, I mean, it’s also a person who kills journalists, political opponents, and invades countries. Obviously that would be a concern, would it not?” Scarborough asked.

He’s running his country and at least he’s a leader,” Trump replied. “Unlike what we have in this country.”

“But again: He kills journalists that don’t agree with him,” Scarborough said.

The Republican presidential front-runner said there was “a lot of killing going on” around the world and then suggested that Scarborough had asked him a different question.

“I think our country does plenty of killing, also, Joe, so, you know,” Trump replied. “There’s a lot of stupidity going int he world right now, Joe. A lot of killing going on. A lot of stupidity. And that’s the way it is. But you didn’t ask me [that] question, you asked me a different question. So that’s fine.”

Scarborough was left visibly stunned.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:21 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
If Trump wins the presidency, Buc, I'm 100 percent positive that he will try to curb the freedom of the press. He just won't be able to resist. That's going to be one of the many things he does to disgrace our democratic traditions. His presidency will test the balance of power theory of government we have in place like nothing ever has up to this point. Will Congress and the court stand up to him? They'll have to if they want to protect our freedoms. Otherwise, we're going to be subject to whims of a tyrant. Trump supporters either see this and don't care or they're just too blind to see the obvious. I can't tell which it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections