Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which aspect of a candidate is most important to you?
the candidate's person/character 6 10.91%
benefits to you 3 5.45%
good for America 41 74.55%
Other (explain) 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 11:44 AM

15,967 posts, read 7,032,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Where is the option for all of the above and then some?
that will be Good for America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 11:48 AM

15,967 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I support Senator Sanders for his fight for income inequality, stance on trade and economic policies, view points on abortion/gay rights/women's rights, view points on education, view points on science/research/environmental job's, healthcare/mental health, and strong foreign policy willing to accept deals with lease favorable nation's to prevent Iran from Nuclear weapons.

Really for me his Senator Sanders economic vision and how it can improve the life quality of America.
I like the ways he prioritizes issues of what is good for Americans and America over foreign policy and he is the only one I know who asks why do the Saudi and Qutaris don't think they need to fight ISIS.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:27 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Issue stances, character, experiences..
Can't be too ugly.

Since I have loved ones currently serving in the military, I am also looking for a good Commander-in-chief. I didn't vote for Obama, I won't be voting for Hillary, the very thought of her being the commander - in - chief just scares me.

I am undecided. No one is my top guy.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Yes it is. Too bad she didn't write it herself.

Why We Need Hillary
lol... figures. I knew that post too articulate.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:30 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I won't be voting for Hillary, the very thought of her being the commander - in - chief just scares me.
I agree.

Actually, if I were younger and of military age, it would keep me from joining.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:32 PM

254 posts, read 145,973 times
Someone who will defend our rights and look out for our interests first. Right now thats Trump.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:43 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
I'd like to clarify a little of my intended poll (I'm OP). I know probably everyone think all those are important, but what I mean is, what if one aspect is in conflict to another? For example, in my case, I regard the character as being most important. Of course benefitting myself is also very important, and the U.S. strength, ... However, if the policies of someone with evil charcter benefits me more than the policies of someone with integrity, then I'd prefer the latter and sacrifice my own benefts (e.g. let's say under X I would pay less tax than under Y, but Y has integrity while X is a liar and self-serving person, then I'd rather have Y as president).

Old 12-21-2015, 10:33 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
I'd like to clarify a little of my intended poll (I'm OP). I know probably everyone think all those are important, but what I mean is, what if one aspect is in conflict to another? For example, in my case, I regard the character as being most important. Of course benefitting myself is also very important, and the U.S. strength, ... However, if the policies of someone with evil charcter benefits me more than the policies of someone with integrity, then I'd prefer the latter and sacrifice my own benefts (e.g. let's say under X I would pay less tax than under Y, but Y has integrity while X is a liar and self-serving person, then I'd rather have Y as president).
Fair enough. I'll clarify my answer in light of this. Above all, I want someone who is good for America. I suspect over 95 percent feel the same way. I think having a professional who knows what she's doing who won't do anything too extreme or crazy is what's best for America at this time. That's why I support Hillary. I think Trump would be disastrous for this country. If elected, he will limit the freedom of the press, harm the civil liberties of religious and ethnic minorities, harm our image abroad, and make it much more difficult to lead the free world in the decades to come.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
The fact that the candidate is not beholden to a rich elite is the most important to me. No candidate that is funded by plutocrats will be good for salt of the earth Americans. That's why Bernie Sanders is his own man and a straight shooter. He works day and night for the well being of the people, and thats why I support him.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:03 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
I agree.

Actually, if I were younger and of military age, it would keep me from joining.
In all fairness, I think Bill Clinton is better than his wife. she is way too liberal.
This being said, Hillary, will most likely be the next president of the United States because most voters want to play safe. They will get American politics, another 4 or 8 years.

she will perhaps try to be another Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher - eager to use force to prove she's not a "weak woman." Truth is she is no Thatcher. She is way too hawkish for my taste.

All these being said, From Egypt to Russia to Libya to Syria, the Clinton legacy of foreign policy is a disaster.

Both Obama and Hillary Clinton supported actions that lead to the fall of Yemen, and both praised the success that was the Yemeni state. Now the country is overrun with terrorists supported by the Iranian government whose motto reads, "God is Great, Death to America"

She also lied about wanting to join the Marine Corps. LOL

I voted Gary Johnson, and most likely, I'd go third party again. This election is a total disaster. Donald Trump used to be pretty exciting, now only thing he knows how to do is find another scapegoat.

I agree with Donald Trump on a lot of issues, but lately, he sure has said some crazy stuff.

If we are talking about character and integrity, I think the only person who is a decent person is Bernie Sanders, but his economic policy is a total disaster. He is crazy, but decent.

There is always third party for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections