Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 07:53 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I think what many are missing, at least in MHO, is that whatever number Trump used. There is certainly far more awareness of the fact that there were muslims, and perhaps others, openly celebrating on that day.

You can argue numbers all day long, while you do the arguing, you're admitting that he is, in some fashion correct in his assertion (the point being) that the enemy is among us.......and probably in far greater numbers than there were 14 years ago due to the open border policies both R and D administrations have allowed to continue since then.

Trump is right, Trump is effective on getting the message out. His number might be exaggerated, but you're all talking about it, and therefore aware of it......Heck, a lot of you (on both sides) have even done some independent research on the issue.

Trump is driving this election cycle.

(edit) for the moment.......

CN.......
Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 08:02 AM

16,614 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This is what makes Trump so unique. For over 15 years they have swept this under the rug. Bush takes his shoes off and goes to the mosque instead of prodding their leaders to condemn rooftop celebrations. Forget about whether they were "thousands and thousands". The fact that they happened in numbers that attracted the police is what matters.

While I will not let slide Trumps obvious exaggerations, he does bring subjects into the national debate that otherwise wouldn't be talked about.
Everyone knows subjects like illegal aliens crossing a porous border, jihadist in our country and/or trying to get in, etc. would not be discussed if not for Trump.
He tells it like it is, not being some mealy mouth political chameleon who just wants to say anything that will help them get elected.

As I have said before, there isn't much difference between Bernie Sanders and Hillary, yet one has a record of honesty/integrity, while the other has a record of dishonesty and little integrity. I wouldn't want either of them as POTUS, but I'd pull the lever for Bernie over Hillary every day of the week.

`

Old 12-24-2015, 08:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I am so tired of this long standing rant from the left....I think I can explain what happened...

I think I saw the same thing Trump saw on TV after 9/11....On national media there was local coverage of someplace in the Us (possibly NJ) with Muslims cheering .....The next clip also showed Muslims somewhere in the Mid East cheering by the thousands. I saw it and was totally infuriated. Perhaps Trump with the passing of time thought they were one & the same in one area. I certainly saw it in that order & I could see how he said what he did after so many years has passed.
As another poster put it - still trying to buff that turd, eh?

If he was confused - then he should say he was confused.

Instead - he's STILL insisting that there were THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Muslim's dancing in New Jersey.

It's just really hard to make his lies come true.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:15 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
So nothing that we didn't already know, then? Still no thousands...

The types of Muslims most likely to have been cheering on 9/11 were probably unassimilated recent immigrants straight from any Middle Eastern hellhole. These types of immigrants are most likely to reside in cities (like most other recent, poor immigrants), not wealthy, nice towns like NJ is mostly made up of. More established, assimilated Muslim families are more likely to live out in the nice suburbs, in my experience. I know a Muslim family very well in my town and on 9/11 I know for a fact they were not cheering in my town or anywhere else. They were just as upset as everyone else because they are AMERICANS. They are not super religious Muslims, as none of the females in the family even dress conservatively or wear the hijab.

New York sees all types of people. You will find extremists in a city like New York, it's just how it is. You will find people who supported the attacks on 9/11 in New York, and some of them, too, were cheering right in the city itself, that day and in the days after. Naturally, NJ cities right across the river from NYC would also see these types of people. It's a hotbed for terrorism around here simply because of the prime location, but I would hardly call these (largely) recent immigrants "Americans," especially if they hate us and only came here to hurt us.

Until you find proof that "thousands" were celebrating in Jersey City, NJ, or elsewhere in NJ or the US, I 110% stand by what I have to say and see you as just another Trump supporter who can't see him for the wrong he has said here...

I 110% believe that Trump is wrong in his claims until I can see proof otherwise (though this proof will never come because it didn't happen like he claims and like you many of you are pathetically defending).
If one knows anything about youtube........things that were once easy to find have been taken down. I don't know how many videos have disappeared since Obama has been in office, but I can tell you many things are gone!

Old 12-24-2015, 08:17 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
As another poster put it - still trying to buff that turd, eh?

If he was confused - then he should say he was confused.

Instead - he's STILL insisting that there were THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Muslim's dancing in New Jersey.

It's just really hard to make his lies come true.
The media has nothing to do with this......I pretty sure. If all Presidents/people had the protection from the media as President Obama and Hillary have, we would know nothing!

Old 12-24-2015, 09:54 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
You obviously read but didn't process my explanation with your bias against Trump. We weren't GIVEN the evidence from the left leaning media as I stated.
Evidence of what exactly?? There is no evidence to support his claim, none. There is this thing called the Internet out there, you would be able to find something to back his claim up if it were true. It isn't some conspiracy (another Trump claim) to keep his claim that he can't prove hidden.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:55 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If one knows anything about youtube........things that were once easy to find have been taken down. I don't know how many videos have disappeared since Obama has been in office, but I can tell you many things are gone!
There is a whole world outside of youtube. Fact of the matter is there is no evidence to back up Trump's claim anywhere.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The media has nothing to do with this......I pretty sure. If all Presidents/people had the protection from the media as President Obama and Hillary have, we would know nothing!
Come again? Did I mention the media?

Old 12-24-2015, 10:25 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Elmer: "I have thousands and thousands of dollars in my bank account"
Syd: "No, dummy, you have only ten dollars in your bank account"

Posters on this Forum #1: "See, the point is Elmer had *some* money in his account!! He's been vindicated!"
Posters on this Forum #2: "See, there was a bank account which had the *potential* of holding thousands and thousands of dollars!! That's the whole point!"
Posters on this Forum #3: "See, you *believed* that Elmer had thousands and thousands of dollars, that's the whole point."

Mick

Old 12-24-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Elmer: "I have thousands and thousands of dollars in my bank account"
Syd: "No, dummy, you have only ten dollars in your bank account"

Posters on this Forum #1: "See, the point is Elmer had *some* money in his account!! He's been vindicated!"
Posters on this Forum #2: "See, there was a bank account which had the *potential* of holding thousands and thousands of dollars!! That's the whole point!"
Posters on this Forum #3: "See, you *believed* that Elmer had thousands and thousands of dollars, that's the whole point."

Mick
Otherwise known as Trump-splainin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections