Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 10:22 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times

Advertisements

Queens lingo. We need to be more sensitive to dialetic English. Wight, wefties? We all need to understand where a person comes from, why they are like they are. Forgiving and tolerant.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:29 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
Anyone probably east and North of Ohio totally knew exactly what it meant, and it was disgusting. I cant believe he stood at a rally and talked about Hillary taking a bathroom break and being schlonged. He is despicable.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:37 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It's a bastardization of shlang from Yiddish.
Which is a bastardization of German. The German word for "snake" is schlange. I believe Trump is speaking of the temptation of Eve in the garden and drawing a parallel to Clinton. He is clearly pandering to the Christian conservative vote.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:39 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Anyone probably east and North of Ohio totally knew exactly what it meant, and it was disgusting. I cant believe he stood at a rally and talked about Hillary taking a bathroom break and being schlonged. He is despicable.
Hillary knows how to handle polished politicians like O'Malley. She knows their language but she has no idea how to deal with Trump. She knows she will lose trash talking with Trump. Has she said anything yet?

Old 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Which is a bastardization of German. The German word for "snake" is schlange. I believe Trump is speaking of the temptation of Eve in the garden and drawing a parallel to Clinton. He is clearly pandering to the Christian conservative vote.
The "long" part gave me some idea what he meant.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:50 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Not for nothing, but Trump is right. Everyone told Hillary how great she was, the presidency was hers for the taking...but then what happened? You Democrats schlonged her good in the 2008 primaries, leaving her all alone in her walk of shame. Yet here you are, all hot and bothered again.

I'm not buying it.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:00 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The faux prudishness emanating from someone who no doubt voted for that paladin Bill Clinton twice is truly entertaining. Keep it up.
Class, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with prudishness. And this coming from someone who supports a serial adulterer is hilarious. Rock, meet glass house.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:04 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What a vulgar, classless, disgusting man Trump is. As if we needed any further proof.

All one has to do is look at the other candidates and see why Trump is in first and has been for 6 months.
The media is full of bad actors like woodchuck on the chin Todd and Snuffleupagus Stephanopoulos, just two of a long list, who invite Trump on for interviews and act like they are Hillary's campaign manager.
Trump spanks them and leaves them speechless with looks of hopeless, frustrated, desperation on their faces. They are so biased and unprepared because they can't be objective with their attempts to take Trump out.
Did someone putout a reward poster with a bounty for the media hack that brings Trump down?*Stephanopoulos thought sure he had Trump with the ISIS recruiting nonsense. Trump roasted him like chestnuts on the open fire when he rightfully pointed out how Obama and Hillary has been the biggest supporter of ISIS with the Iran deal.

*What is more outrageous ?
What the political class and the media has done or what Trump says ? Hands down it is what the political class and their pardners the media have been doing for the last forty years.

Someone mentioned that Trump could take a dump on stage and his supporters wouldn't care. The political class and the media have been taking a dump on the people forever. Why should it it bother anyone ? They should be used to it by now.
Just in the last week I have seen political talking heads use words like *("pissed", "screwed"( a more subtle substitute for the word "f***ed" according to the urban dictionary. Yet the media wants to call out Trump for language as if they use a higher standard.

When Hillary held up the debate after a break I was disgusted before Trump had an opportunity to say anything. What she did was disgusting !!!
I have no interest in what she did in the bathroom. I don't care if she washed her hands either. Hillary is dirtier on the inside than she could ever get on the outside. She was making a statement by coming late. She thinks she is royalty and nothing can go forward until the king graces the process with her presents. All hail, the King is here, now we can continue. Disgusting in the extreme. *

Last edited by phma; 12-22-2015 at 11:16 AM..

Old 12-22-2015, 11:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post

No wonder 50% of people say they would be embarrassed if he were to be President.

He talks like an 8th grader. Seriously, his language has been analyzed and falls into 8th grade levels.

Mp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Hillary knows how to handle polished politicians like O'Malley. She knows their language but she has no idea how to deal with Trump. She knows she will lose trash talking with Trump. Has she said anything yet?

One thing I'm certain of ~ she will not be discussing his schlong or bathroom habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Not for nothing, but Trump is right. Everyone told Hillary how great she was, the presidency was hers for the taking...but then what happened? You Democrats schlonged her good in the 2008 primaries, leaving her all alone in her walk of shame. Yet here you are, all hot and bothered again.

I'm not buying it.
All alone in her walk of shame? What about Romney's walk of shame? Talk about humiliation.

I'm not buying it.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:09 PM

1,050 posts, read 699,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

All one has to do is look at the other candidates and see why Trump is in first and has been for 6 months.
The media is full of bad actors like woodchuck on the chin Todd and Snuffleupagus Stephanopoulos, just two of a long list, who invite Trump on for interviews and act like they are Hillary's campaign manager.
Trump spanks them and leaves them speechless with looks of hopeless, frustrated, desperation on their faces. They are so biased and unprepared because they can't be objective with their attempts to take Trump out.
Did someone putout a reward poster with a bounty for the media hack that brings Trump down?*Stephanopoulos thought sure he had Trump with the ISIS recruiting nonsense. Trump roasted him like chestnuts on the open fire when he rightfully pointed out how Obama and Hillary has been the biggest supporter of ISIS with the Iran deal.

*What is more outrageous ?
What the political class and the media has done or what Trump says ? Hands down it is what the political class and their pardners the media have been doing for the last forty years.

Someone mentioned that Trump could take a dump on stage and his supporters wouldn't care. The political class and the media have been taking a dump on the people forever. Why should it it bother anyone ? They should be used to it by now.
Just in the last week I have seen political talking heads use words like *("pissed", "screwed"( a more subtle substitute for the word "f***ed" according to the urban dictionary. Yet the media wants to call out Trump for language as if they use a higher standard.

When Hillary held up the debate after a break I was disgusted before Trump had an opportunity to say anything. What she did was disgusting !!!
I have no interest in what she did in the bathroom. I don't care if she washed her hands either. Hillary is dirtier on the inside than she could ever get on the outside. She was making a statement by coming late. She thinks she is royalty and nothing can go forward until the king graces the process with her presents. All hail, the King is here, now we can continue. Disgusting in the extreme. *

I never got the message that we were supposed to hand over or "coronate" anyone nor find it laudable that anyone or party believe in their "entitlement" to the presidency.

They're supposed to earn it and deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections