Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
That Bill is going out to campaign for her.
I'm guessing she had a stroke or brain tumor.
#1. Her assistant refers to her being confused all the time.
#2. She appears at most once a week to campaign.

I think the family are hiding major health issues.
I smell desperation on the part of Republicans.

Whew! It stinks, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 10:25 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
According to her physician's health care statement, she "is in excellent physical condition and fit to serve as President of the United States".
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...or-letter.html

Does anyone have any evidence to refute either Clinton's or Trump's health statements?

Old 12-26-2015, 10:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I smell desperation on the part of Republicans.

Whew! It stinks, too.
Well they do know "the power of the "D" dark side". lol!

But they (majority of people) will elect an "R" POTUS.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:55 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Performance enhancement drugs. They are easily and readily available for, from high school athletes through to professional sports athletes. They enhance and extend stamina, endurance and focus. Zero reason a high born, multi-millionaire wouldn't have the same access. That and the fact she did very little campaigning for the weeks leading up to the hearing both explain the surprising stamina and lucidity she exhibited.

Most people can get up for one performance. It is the long haul that gets interesting. We'll see how active she is once the primaries start get closer together and even when the general election campaign kicks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
She looked pretty healthy when she went through that 10+ hour farce of a hearing on Benghazi.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nice points, but I don't understand your reluctance in saying "people don't like her". You are evidently the only one in America who is reluctant to say that, but it is Christmas season, so every little bit of kindness should be extended and expressed.

I agree with low voter turnout, which brings up an interesting strategy - at least it is interesting to me.
Here goes:
#1) She tears into Trump. The Trump voters hate her, so they rally together all in one corner, so to speak, and call other GOP voters to their aid. She doesn't care; those votes were never available to her anyway.

#2) Many GOP mainstreamers don't like Trump, but her strategy causes Trump to take the nomination.

#3) An inordinate number of GOP voters stay home on election day.

#4) There are just enough dedicated Dems to carry the day. So in spite of your above observed low voter turnout, she wins.
Her poll numbers show those people do like her. In my opinion, they're just not enthusiastic enough to make her a priority on Election Day. From the last CNN/ORC Poll (ended 12/21):

Extremely enthusiastic Democrats and Independents who lean Democrat: 19%
Extremely enthusiastic Republicans and Independents who lean Republican: 36%

We don't know who the Republican candidate will be but is there any doubt about the Democrat candidate? Only 19% of Democrats and Independents who lean Democrat are extremely enthusiastic about HER.

As far as Trump goes, I will start watching any poll that shows how the 60+ year old people think of him numbers-wise. Old people vote. I rather have 20 of them saying they like me than 50, 18 - 25 year olds saying they like me. I'm probably the only person who would rather see a landline only poll because the older people are there. If I was a Trump volunteer, I would be about getting old people that support him, to the polls. If I was Trump, I'd give them something in a speech at a rally or during a debate.

The Trump "surprise" will be the blue collar Democrats that cross over. That's a demographic, the Republican elite don't want to talk because they can't get how some really rich guy appeals to those voters and not the guys who start off every sentence with my father was a bartender, my father was a mailman, etc.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Depends on who the vice president was. In all honesty the odds are her vice president might be a better choice. This is why McCains choice of Palin cost him. If he had picked a better VP, he would have done much much better. His age concerned many people. (incorrectly as history now shows)
Def agree there about McCain picking Palin and Hillary's choice for VP. It can make her or break her even with NO Trump involved.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:22 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual
Believe it or not, when he said that his poll ratings went up especially with prosperity bible "family values" Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Evidence? Cause...thats really really perturbing in a way.

Dems making it more than it was sure is perturbing.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:26 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Def agree there about McCain picking Palin and Hillary's choice for VP. It can make her or break her even with NO Trump involved.
Agree. Palin guaranteed a loss and this was the point that it started to look to me like the GOP just threw the race. Why would they do that? I have thoughts but try not to think about it.

Now, with their promotion of Bush, it looks like they are interested in throwing the race again. I don't know, I guess if I am going to enter a race, I want to win and be pretty sure I will win before signing up.

I suspect that Hillary is using blackmail or similar deals to be the nominee. Maybe there is some sort of clause in her deal that already specifies who the VP pick must be.

Hillary's physical health should be the least of our worries. I also thought as one other posting said that she was better using "enhancement" drugs. I suppose that may have a lot of do with when the debates are also. The problem with such drugs is that they "use" you up even quicker than real time and often have side effects that aren't compatible with being the POTUS.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:50 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
That and the fact she did very little campaigning for the weeks leading up to the hearing both explain the surprising stamina and lucidity she exhibited.

Where did you get that idea?! In the 21 days preceding the hearing, she only took off 3 days (the 10th, 17th, 20th). She usually had multiple events - town halls, speeches, interviews - during each of the other 18 days. The morning following her 11-hour Congressional grilling, she appeared at a DNC Women's Leadership Forum and gave a speech.

Other than Trump, news media covers very few candidate campaign appearances so you never hear about them. However, there are a number of websites that track candidates' campaign schedules. Clinton has been actively campaigning for months, she normally takes only 1 day a week off. The week of the hearing, she took off the day before the hearing (the 20th), and that was her only day off that week. I don't believe she took another day off until Nov. 6.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 12-26-2015 at 01:00 PM..

Old 12-26-2015, 01:21 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
So show me this rigorous pre hearing, 'wonder woman of endurance and vigor', schedule; day, time and location, sequentially. Seems as though you have access to important details, produce them documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Where did you get that idea?! In the 21 days preceding the hearing, she only took off 3 days (the 10th, 17th, 20th). She usually had multiple events - town halls, speeches, interviews - during each of the other 18 days. The morning following her 11-hour Congressional grilling, she appeared at a DNC Women's Leadership Forum and gave a speech.

Other than Trump, news media covers very few candidate campaign appearances so you never hear about them. However, there are a number of websites that track candidates' campaign schedules. Clinton has been actively campaigning for months, she normally takes only 1 day a week off. The week of the hearing, she took off the day before the hearing (the 20th), and that was her only day off that week. I don't believe she took another day off until Nov. 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections