Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 05:27 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Actually, you have made absolutely no arguments at all that have convinced any of the non-Trump supporters on this thread to change their minds. Do you know why? Because there are none!

You keep bleating that his personality doesn't count but that's where you and your idiot fellow Trumplets are clueless. Totally clueless. Personality matters in elections. It's why George W Bush was elected POTUS twice and Jeb Bush can't even get double digits in the pre-primary polls. Trump's personality traits that turn people into mindless Trumplets turn off most other voters.

People who aren't "true believers" in Trump's bombastic rhetoric and aren't mesmerized by his obnoxious persona see a dangerous man who would not only be an embarrassment to the US but would likely bring economic, social, and/or international disaster down up their country. That's even before they would even look at his so-called policy proposals, many of which appear to conjured up on the spot without forethought. My guess is that most will not vote for him under any conditions. Some will vote against him by casting their votes for his Democratic opponent. Many others will simply not vote.

Of course, that presupposes that Trump wins the GOP nomination. I'm not sure that he will. It doesn't matter if he's got 36 or 39% of the GOP in national polls. He's got to win the individual state primaries/caucuses, and each state is different, and in some of those states, his message just won't resonate. He probably won't take Iowa. I'm not certain that New Hampshire or South Carolina conservatives will fall for his spiel. Just guessing, I would think he'd do better in states without strong evangelical, libertarian, or conservative ideological leanings because he's not any of those, and Abe Lincoln was right about not being able to fool all the people all the time. What will Trump do when faced with electoral setbacks? Whatever he does, it's unlikely to make him a more viable candidate in the general election.
Let's get down to brass tacks and figure out specifically why you don't like Trump--just one policy reason will suffice (so far you haven't provided any). And maybe we'll discuss that, with or without your further input on it.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
the wall: in this modern age, a wall isn't going to do anything except be expensive to build and run. If someone wants to get past it, they will. Trying to force Mexico to pay for it... I don't have words to describe how ludicrous that is.

no ground troops: yes, I agree on that one. There is no oil on the planet that is worth the death of another one of our children. Let it go. Let them figure it out for themselves - and that includes Israel. Don't worry about where the energy will come from. While you are at it, work hard to find and implement alternative sources for all the energy that oil provides.

more foreign alliances rather than enemies: how? by joining the UN? oh, wait, we did that already. by giving money to help their country in some way or other after a disaster? oh, wait, we did that already. by giving them money to be our friends? oh wait, we did that already. by borrowing billions of dollars from them? oh, wait, we did that already. by transferring our means of production to their populations? oh, wait, we did that already. By insulting them? Yeah, that's a new one, let's try that! I still can't figure out why he thinks that will work.

no Free Trade agreements written by foreign corporations: so, all the agreements should be written solely by the US and all the other countries who are involved should have no input? How about we try working together instead of pushing our agenda on them? Trump says he is a great negotiator - bullying the other side is not negotiating. Are you sure you don't mean to say "no more free trade agreements at all"?
We haven't had a Free Trade Agreement yet. We have had managed trade agreements. That is why they are hundreds of pages long.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:34 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Trump says he is a great negotiator - bullying the other side is not negotiating. Are you sure you don't mean to say "no more free trade agreements at all"?
You don't build in Manhattan without being a great negotiator.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:37 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
All said arguments were meant to get attention to win the election.

No policy disagreement I see
I see the pattern. Any outrageous lie told by trump, or idiotic proposal, is OK, because it is a way to win the election.

Any argument against trump is not legitimate, because he is the Savior.

Congratulations. You have the candidate you richly deserve.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
he meant a few when Obama was talking about a hundred or so, he does not support bringing in thousands, that's the differences
It should be none and Trump should either believe in the wall to keep people out or not have one at all.
Maybe an Immigration Apprentice where he gets to choose which people get to jump ahead of those people in line who should be put on hold anyway until the economy is better. Course if the economy was better and we didnt have a welfare state we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Truly?

I have made many arguments as to why Trumps polices from the wall boasting the border cities economies, to spending us dollars in America, fighting against Trade deals written by foreign corporations, less war, among other things and all anyone has been saying is that he is a blustering fool attacking his personality with one liners.
Treating a symptom. Get rid of the welfare state and many illegals go home. Close down the borders for now and take care of Americans.
Who did we declare war on? Which of our states borders are we protecting over there?

Fight against all of the managed trade deals since they are falsely labeled free trade.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I see the pattern. Any outrageous lie told by trump, or idiotic proposal, is OK, because it is a way to win the election.

Any argument against trump is not legitimate, because he is the Savior.

Congratulations. You have the candidate you richly deserve.
Yes We Do! Only the name and the sun block have changed.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
His policy on getting Mexico to pay for the wall is very descriptive. the wall itself would create a flurry of investments in real-estate and beyond as the wall will become something of an attraction do to it's physical appearance and grandness.
I can see a PGA level golf course. The Wall can also be used as a barrier at the driving range. At night the Wall could be a giant television. Come see the biggest TV in the world. DonnieVision. As long as I can get a piece of that action, I'm in. Otherwise not a good idea.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You don't build in Manhattan without being a great negotiator.
Or using eminent domain.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:01 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
the wall: in this modern age, a wall isn't going to do anything except be expensive to build and run.
Building the wall in Texas would require extensive use of eminent domain aka government land seizure, something Trump loves. Texas ranchers are ready to take it to court where it will be tied up for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections