Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:57 AM

461 posts, read 333,534 times

Advertisements

I see the why don't you support Trump thread has exploded and I was curious with as much whining that's going on in that thread what are the same people going to do when Trump wins? Of course this is assuming he does win so lets just assume he does. You gonna mope around for 4 years? Move to Canada? Move to Mexico? What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 09:02 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Shrug. Depends. the House and Senate control things far more. I will mostly be entertained.

My wife might not be as sanguine, but I doubt she would want to actually move.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:08 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,763,988 times
Remain cautiously optimistic. These leaves room for both pleasant surprises as well as disappointments. I'm sure there will be both.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:10 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,773,316 times
I'll eat my hat

Old 12-31-2015, 09:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,220,208 times
Continue on with my life.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:18 AM

461 posts, read 333,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Shrug. Depends. the House and Senate control things far more. I will mostly be entertained.

My wife might not be as sanguine, but I doubt she would want to actually move.
What if republicans gain more in house and senate? Or just keep their majorities? I hope to see Trump declare himself dictator personally. I think HE has the balls and knowledge to fix this country but won't happen with the usual idiots in the way. All he has to do is declare martial law for a reason and have his army of supporters (like me) supporting him 100% as he starts fixing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'll eat my hat
Would love to see it.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:21 AM

15,539 posts, read 10,521,878 times
Nothing, he can't be any worse than Obama.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:21 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,204,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'll eat my hat
Prove it with a video.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:23 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,472,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Continue on with my life.
yep ( altho there will be an ample addition of hearty laughing ).

Old 12-31-2015, 09:23 AM

16,641 posts, read 8,643,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
I see the why don't you support Trump thread has exploded and I was curious with as much whining that's going on in that thread what are the same people going to do when Trump wins? Of course this is assuming he does win so lets just assume he does. You gonna mope around for 4 years? Move to Canada? Move to Mexico? What?

At this stage I do not think he would be the best the (R's) have to offer, and certainly not experienced/qualified enough to be potus.
That said, many people saw what happened when white guilt and a catchy slogan helped sweep an inexperienced/unqualified Obama into office. This despite him having a little political experience as a one term senator.

At least with Trump, you have someone who has business experience, has brokered huge deals, rubbed elbows with politicians, and knows what it take to grease them and the system to get things done. These skills were sorely lacking with Obama as evidenced by his failure to be pragmatic enough to given and take like previous presidents. Instead Obama relied on rigid ideology to try and bull his way through, and is still trying that today.

[Please libs, no "an obstructionist Congress blocked his every move" rubbish.
He had a totally (D) controlled Congress his first 2 years for starters. Then when one of the two parts of Congress went (R), he spit in their face, brokered limited deals, then publically threw them under the bus once the deal was complete, etc., etc., etc.
That is not the way to work with the opposition party. Treating them like the enemy, and being intractable in a partisan way will never work in our Republic]

So while Trump would be better than Obama in brokering deals with the other political side and countries, he still is a wild card.
I shudder to think what the conservatives will say when he gets elected, then decides to be pragmatic. They want a rigid ideology just like the leftists had with Obama. Trump does not impress me as someone anywhere near that rigid, and will attempt any idea, conservative or liberal to try and reach his goal/s.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections