Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 01:47 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Great Trumpian response! Well done, little Trumpet! You do your hero proud.
Wait, let me get my ex-husband to yell at you for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 02:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,902,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But the message is: "I can't do it without a man's help."
Why is that the message?

When Nancy Reagan campaigned for Ronald Reagan, was the message, "I can't do it without a woman's help"?

Old 01-04-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Insult isn't argument. It only means you can't address what was said with logic or fact.

Hillary absolutely will bring out the alligator tears as disarming tool when faced with something she doesn't like but can't avoid. Very similar to insult tactic.
This is hilarious, considering that the content of many of your posts is pure insult, without any foundation. Irony?

Old 01-04-2016, 03:03 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times
Quote:
I find it humorous that a candidate trying to project an image of a strong woman needs her husband to help her beat Bernie Sanders. If she can't beat Bernie Sanders on her own how is she going to win the General Election. Bill Clinton starts to campaign for her this week.

You can't have it both ways, Hillary.
Hillary also stated that Bill is so good on the economy part so she already admitted not being able to do it on her own.

For me it sounds more that Hillary is playing the women card so Bill can get more interns.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:08 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

When Nancy Reagan campaigned for Ronald Reagan, was the message, "I can't do it without a woman's help"?
Dear. Nancy Reagan did not run for President.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
This is hilarious, considering that the content of many of your posts is pure insult, without any foundation. Irony?
Nope. But if you wish to compare your post history to mine, then I say, "bring it on".

Old 01-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Dear. Nancy Reagan did not run for President.
Ronald Reagan did. And his spouse campaigned for him. Dear.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Ronald Reagan did. And his spouse campaigned for him. Dear.
But Ronald Reagan did say to vote for him because of his gender.

Hillary Clinton has clearly done this.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:27 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,332,498 times
Quote:
I find it humorous that a candidate trying to project an image of a strong woman needs her husband to help her beat Bernie Sanders.
Bill Clinton, nor the rest of the country found anything humorous when Bill "the Policy Wonk" Clinton put Hillary up front and center as Mrs. Policy Wonk during his 1993 campaign for the presidency. In 1993 Hillary was already known as a major political operative in her own right and appeared without Bill across the country stumping not only for her husband but for major democratic candidates for state and federal office. Back in 1993, Hillary was as big a target for Republican attack ads as Bill, so I think its a bit farfetched to try and claim that Hillary is "standing by her man" to get to the White House. Hillary like her or loather is perfectly capable of getting their on her own although it would be just asinine to argue that Bill standing behind her ain't a bad thing.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
But Ronald Reagan did say to vote for him because of his gender.

Hillary Clinton has clearly done this.
I don't think Hillary has told anyone to vote for her because she's a woman. Maybe some of her supporters are for her for this reason, and there has certainly been some funny faux advertisements regarding her gender. But Ronald Reagan attempted to identify with voters, tried to connect with them in various ways, told people he could relate to them, and I see Hillary attempting to identify with voters, and telling voters that she can relate to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections